njrbc(Nikki)
gerlstar
Speedy Icons

Speedy Pics

[/CENTER]

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 02-22-2009 at 09:14 PM
Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here.
The TIFF was such a great experience. One of the best trips of my life. We sat in the row in front of Scott. When he was introduced before the screening, it really was like you said mjw11, “surreal”. He looked so gorgeous. He kind of had his head down looking embarrassed, which was adorable. When they came off of the stage, Scott walked past my seat on the aisle, but I didn’t get a good picture. We were having some camera issues. Of all times to have camera issues.
During the film which is very dark and only has about 3 light moments in it. I could hear Scott laughing at one of the lighter moments. Too cute. I thought Adoration was well made and the acting across the board was terrific. It really shows how Scott has evolved as an actor. He did such a great job. All in all the film is dark and the music made it even darker. But, unlike some critics have said, I felt the story moved along well and wasn’t difficult to follow. My score:7
After the film the volunteers blocked the aisle that was between my seats and Scotts. No Q & A which was a disappointment, but the screening started a little later than scheduled, so we presumed that was why no Q&A. I just stood there watching Scott jump between rows to greet family and friends. He seemed to be in many different places very quickly. At one point he was near the side exit door, sort of alone. I thought he was leaving and then all of a sudden he was back in the seating area greeting more people. We managed to sneak through the side of the aisle and then here he came, moving fast but I called his name and asked if we could take a picture with him, he said sure, (what a sweetie) then we got a picture. I never said anything else to him, I was in another world, and at this point we all had to get out of there for the next screening. I had my hand on his back and he was very warm. Speedy definitely had his heart rate up (and mine), I guess jumping between aisles will do that. I still can't believe I sort of met him, even though I didn't really say anything. It was so amazing.
I really didn’t think it was possible for him to look better then he does in pics and on film, but he did. He looked a little younger too. His tan looked so beautiful in person. The whole TIFF experience was so great. I can’t wait till next year.
So, I have a few pictures to share. The quality of some is pretty poor, due to lighting, and camera. I just don’t know how to post them here, or should I use photo bucket?
Oh, and thanks everybody for posting all the great photos and interviews. He’s just too special!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

He looks too good.
Knowing that my heart will break, but at least the pain will last.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

genki, thank you for the new thread.

notthatfarapart, hey there! Long time, no see!

Latsm, thank you so much for your TIFF report. I was afraid you hadn't posted because you hated the movie! I'm glad to hear that wasn't the case, and I'm thrilled that you got to meet Scott and take a picture with him. I'd love to see it. I also thought he looked younger in person when I saw him last year, but I think that part of it is because he has so much energy, he's almost like a kid. As for the reviews, although they have been very mixed, they all are overwhelmingly positive about his performance. Like you said, I think he's evolving as an actor and hopefully some good projects will stem from this.

A little contribution for the new thread -- here is a short article about the new movie he's filming, The Last Rites of Ransom Pride, and a few more pictures...

Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Your TIFF experience sounds great.... lucky you to have seen the movie and Scott let alone take a pic w/ him and have your hand on his back.... yes, living off every word.

Thanks for starting the new thread... its a great title.

MJW, as always, thanks for the great pics.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

girls over the next few days I'll be revamping the opening post. Putting up a banner...and a section for icons and arts...as well as the latest interviews.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
New Fan

Thanx for all those news, photos and the new Thread!! Gave me a tough day at work though - because I usually check FF at work - bad girl - As the new thread includes the word "sexy" our security system blocks it (I could see that LATSM had posted, but couldn't read it...) Well, I guess I have to behave myself and wait to get home to check if there is exciting news from now on....

I'm still waiting to see "The Strangers" as it's still not out in Germany and in the cinemas they will show it in German, anyway... I watched Underworld Evolution on TV the other night and the German voice was driving me crazy - but I still couldn't stop watching - and I have it on DVD!! Still have to watch when I know Speedy is on TV. That must be a serious addiction
Old 09-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Latsm, what a sweet story. I'm very happy for you and I'm glad to hear that your experience of "meeting" Scott was so nice.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Addicted Fan

ohh yay new thread!
can you add me to the list of supporters?
I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, you better believe that I am trying to beat this•Now and again we try to just stay alive•Two weeks and you ran away.•
Old 09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

New article about "The Last Rites of Ransom Pride". Might be ready for next years TIFF.
Surreal western spills into city
Old 09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The new op is done
Old 09-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I just came from seeing The Strangers in the theatre, and I have to say it was so scary! I didn't think it would be so much scary, and I didn't know that it was based on a real story, that made it so much more terrifying!
Scott was sooooo good in it, great job! And he was so hot! OMG!!

Lastm, you're sooooooooooo lucky!!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Loyal Fan

mjw11 , great to see you too! Haven't visited the thread much, my laptop is down... again. I frankly don't know what's wrong with it, but I hope it'll soon be up and running... I really don't want to buy a new computer.

Wow, wow, wow -- he's filming a new movie? This is exactly why I need a computer access so badly.

Thanks for all the Speedy greatness. Hopefully I'll be able to visit the thread again sometime soon.
Knowing that my heart will break, but at least the pain will last.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Some sweet words from Liv Tyler about our guy.
DNA - After Hrs - I hurt myself: Liv Tyler - Daily News & Analysis
Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the pics! And thank you for the new thread!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top