Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I changed my sig so there's a link to the board request thread and to this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Morning everyone!

I'm loading a piece on slightlyaskew right now, so I thought I'd come by here while I'm waiting.

I re-watched a part of "The Believer" yesterday, and I think I understand it better than I did after only watching it once.

I'll come by later and post more pictures (of course!)
Old 04-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to a mall in Nashville this weekend and I'm going to get The Believer. I can't wait. Everyone has said that it's such a good movie!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Chrissy: The Believer really is a good movie. It was really easy to forget that it was Ryan, you know? I was watching a scene yesterday and it was so intense that I had to think "Whoa, that's Ryan!"
Old 04-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowRose:
Chrissy: The Believer really is a good movie. It was really easy to forget that it was Ryan, you know? I was watching a scene yesterday and it was so intense that I had to think "Whoa, that's Ryan!"

I always think that when I watch The Slaughter Rule. Those characters are just such a departure from the Ryan we saw in "Young Hercules" and "Breaker High". I think that since he can do that, he has to be a great actor.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Here are some pictures of Ryan in The Notebook (taken from slightlyaskew)

This has to be the picture that Allie sees in the newspaper:

Old 04-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Passionate Fan

My attempt to keep this thread toward the top of the page.

There's news on some Ryan appearances on slightlyaskew.

Here are more picture contributions:

Old 04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Lil Ryan!!

Anyone catch him tonight on the Sundance Channel special on USOL?

Rian
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Fan

i still cant get over the fact that he was the guy from Braker High-- god i hated him, and yet he become a fine actor and a looker too [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OMG i sound so old [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*ivA*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 04-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually liked his character Sean on "Breaker High." I really liked that his character and the character of Jimmy were so close. Jimmy always made me laugh.

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited AliasUnknown ]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rian:
Lil Ryan!!

Anyone catch him tonight on the Sundance Channel special on USOL?

Rian
He's so cute, and look at Justin!

Also, I'm going to add a list to the first page of all people who want to be, I don't know...members, of this little thread. I don't really know how to say it? Just, if you want, I will put your name on the first page as a regular visitor to this thread.

Also, if you haven't voted for Ryan to get his own board, you can click on the VOTE link on my sig. We need all the votes we can get!

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited AliasUnknown ]
Old 04-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Morning all!

A list of people who frequent the thread is a good idea, but it can be irritating to keep up with. I was on a thread for a while, and the list got to be like 115 people.

Remember the Titans is airing on ABC on May 1st. It's the version I told you guys about, with added footage. There are a few longer Ryan parts. It's worth checking out.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I put some links on the first page. If anyone else has some links, etc. that they want me to put on the front page, I'll be more than happy to.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Chrissy
Old 04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

It looks like I might get to see Leland after all. I worked it out with a friend & I think we're going on Monday. I'm cautiously excited.

Did anyone see the piece on Leland last night on the Sundance Channel? If so, share details!

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited YellowRose ]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I wanted to share some pieces from articles/interviews I liked about Ryan, in case anyone missed it. (The articles are from at slightlyaskew)

From Toro: Aug/Sept '03: Film buffs may note that, while researching the role, Gosling actually built the kitchen table at which the triumphant reunion/love scene begins, and continues on top of, before migrating through other areas of the house. It's one big, long, intense love scene, and Gosling says he'd be surprised if it made it to the film in its entirety. "But I was proud of that table. More than I was of the work I did on that table," he jokes. (He built the table. How cool is that?)

Also from Toro: "It really was very nice," says McAdams. "There I was, sipping tea at the table, with the carpenter himself."The love scene? "Oh, of course we were nervous, but I remember he came up to me beforehand and asked, 'Is thereanything I can't do to you?' And I was like, 'I don't know, what are you planning to do?'" (He's a gentleman)

Spin Magazine 4/04: In a brief moment of sincerity, Gosling admits thathe spends his spare time "taking photographs, painting, and doing art projects," adding that he also likes to "go to thecorner of Melrose and hand out head shots of myself. I drive around in my car and hope people recognize me." And after ahard day on the set, "we have big cocaine parties, and we get all the girls from the strip clubs to come by after work,"says Gosling. "Puffy comes. We roll deep." (Puffy... how funny!)

On the table that Ryan built:

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited YellowRose ]