Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Amy: I agree. The plot was a bit contrived, but Ryan was awesome. He played the spoiled, bored, rich guy very well. I wish he would've killed Sandra's character...I didn't really like her that much. Michael Pitt did a good job too. I could totally believe both of them as psycho killers.

Thirty-eight days until The Notebook. And Amy, my mom went out and got the book with the new cover, and it's the one where they are kissing in the rain and he's holding her up. But it looks like they got rid of his beard. The cover kinda looked like they manipulated the pic. But it's still a good cover.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Chrissy: I PM-ed you.

I haven't watched Murder by Numbers from start to finish yet, but I watched the scene where Ryan's character tries to get the character Lisa into his car. That dancing he does is hilarious!! I think it's cool that Ryan doesn't care if he looks silly, he enjoys it.

A link to an article with Ryan mentioned is posted on the Slightly Askew board, under the Ryan in the News section.

From Murder by Numbers:

(Taken from Slightly Askew)
Old 05-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AliasUnknown
Amy: I agree. The plot was a bit contrived, but Ryan was awesome. He played the spoiled, bored, rich guy very well. I wish he would've killed Sandra's character...I didn't really like her that much. Michael Pitt did a good job too. I could totally believe both of them as psycho killers.
Hee, I just re-watched MBN tonight for the first time in a year & liked it much better on a second viewing. I appriciated Ryan a lot more the second time around for one thing. I kinda of wished they'd killed Sandra's character too, she & her storyline bugged me. But yes, Ryan did a great job.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Passionate Fan

- Helen -: I enjoyed MBN much more this time around too. The first time I rented it was because Sandra was in it. I saw Ryan's name on the box and thought "That's the guy from Breaker High!"
Old 05-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

WOW those are some really good pictures there.

I'm looking forward seeing his performance in The Notebook movie coming out. I just bought the book on Monday and can't stop reading it even though I'm at work.

Also I liked his performance in Remember the Titans.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Passionate Fan

There are some new pictures of Ryan posted on the Slightly Askew board. I think it was Helen who posted them. The pictures are of Ryan leaving his hotel.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Good afternoon everyone!

This is my attempt at keeping the thread at the top of the page:

("I don't know what you're talking about.")

(Does it look like he's smiling in this picture?)

(Pictures from Slightly Askew & Rope Of Silicon)
Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that first pic...wish it would have gone more down.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Passionate Fan

There's a link to a new review for "The Notebook" on the Slightly Askew board.

Here's a part on Ryan: Already one of the most intriguing young thesps, Gosling extends his range to pure romance without sacrificing a bit of his naturally subversive qualities, and even seems comfortable looking beautiful in a manly American way.

My favorite still from the film:

(Taken from Yahoo!)
Old 05-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YellowRose, thanks for the review. That's also one of my favorite pics of them along w/ the one where he's carrying her.

I'm reading the book right now and it's so sweet....I wish to find a love like that.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

There's another article on "The Notebook" on the Slightly Askew board. According to the article, Britney Spears auditioned for the part of Allie.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

My attempt to keep the thread toward the top:

(Taken from Rope Of Silicon)

I know I've posted that picture before, but I want to keep the thread up and I'm not feeling well, so that's the best I can do.

(Taken from The Slaughter Rule's site)
Old 05-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

hey everyone! My name is Mandy I've never posted on this thread before but Ive been a Ryan since forever, he's one of my fav actors. I cant wait to see "The Notebook", it looks like a great movie from the preview! Anwayz just wanted to say hi

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 05-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Mandy: I sent you a PM.

Someone on the Slightly Askew board posted that Ryan is featured in the June/July issue of Teen People.

There are more reviews for "The Notebook" posted on the Slightly Askew board as well. It ran at the Seattle International Film Festival.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Passionate Fan

This thread is too close to the bottom!!

I know this picture is small, but I wanted to show you guys what the new cover of "The Notebook" looks like. The other version is huge:

(Taken from Slightly Askew)