Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Martin Freeman #1 - "My ambition is to do what I like and to do good things that I might not have done before."

Martin Freeman Appreciation #1

X

Biography

Born in Aldershot, England on September 8, 1971, actor Martin Freeman grew up near London as the youngest of five children. His parents split up when he was little, and he lost his father when he was only 10 years old. Freeman attended Catholic school before enrolling at the Central School of Speech and Drama. In his early career, he performed in several productions at London's National Theatre.

In 2001, Freeman had a major career breakthrough with the British television series The Office. Created by Ricky Gervais, the comedy proved to be a big hit. Freeman especially endeared himself to audiences with his portrayal of Tim Canterbury, a lovable, underachieving sales rep with a crush on the company's receptionist.

Freeman has also won over audiences with roles on the silver screen. In 2003, he was part of an all-star ensemble cast in the romantic comedy Love Actually. In 2005, he appeared in the film adaptation of Douglas Adams's novel, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Freeman enjoyed another wave of television success with Sherlock, which debuted in 2010. In this modern-day reimagining of the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, he played Dr. John Watson, the trusty aide to master detective Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch). Freeman won a BAFTA award in 2011 and received Emmy Award nominations in 2012 and in 2014 for his work on the series.

Taking on another literary role, Freeman was cast as Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This film, directed by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, is slated to be released in December 2012. The actor has been cast to play the same character in two follow-up films of The Hobbit franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug hit theaters in 2013 and The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies will be out in late 2014. The film series is based on the award-winning fantasy novel by famed English writer J.R.R. Tolkien, who also wrote the well-received Lord of the Rings book series.

In 2014, Freeman appeared on American television in the series Fargo. The show is based on the 1996 Coen brothers film by the same name. Freeman plays an insurance salesman who gets mixed up with a dangerous drifter (Billy Bob Thornton). For his work on the series, Freeman received a lead actor Emmy nomination in 2014. And he won an Emmy that year for his role as John Watson on the PBS program Sherlock. That same year, Freeman also took to the stage, playing the title role in Richard III for a limited engagement in London. He hit the big screen in 2016 when he found himself among superheroes in the Marvel comic action film Captain America: Civil War. He also starred opposite Tina Fey in the comedy Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016).

X

X

X

Links
[Filmography]
[Martin Freeman Online]
[FreeMartinis]
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wassup Instagram & facebook friends and family this is my first show that I'm Dept. Heading I'm blessed.Golden Globe Emmy award winning martin Freeman have left the building it was a pleasure working with such incredible actor he's smart,professional,fashionable and talented he will be missed for the duration of this project and I look forward to working with him in the future 😀#hairstyles #haircolor #haircut #hairstylist #makeup #luxurylifestyle #luxury #luxurylifestyle #luxurylife #luxurylife #actor #actors #actress #act#filmmaker #film #movies #movie #movienight #london #british #gridmoves #newyork #philadelphia #lasvegas #losangeles #emmy #798 #europe #african

Quote:
Martin freeman and Jake Lacy filming the Ode To Joy project laughter all through the project #movie#actor #actors #tv #hairstyles #hairstyles #hairstyles #haircut #haircolor #hairstylist #mencuts #mensfashion #menstyle #menswear #mensstyle #menshair #fashion #newyork #philadelphia#london #british #britishfashion #britishmenswear😀

Quote:
The talented Martin Freeman performing his own stunts for the Ode to Joy filming in Manhattan this past summer@MARTIN freeman #martinfreeman #hair #makeup #stunts #actors #actress #setlife #movie #film #upm #production #producer #newyork #philadelphia #miami #uk #london #british #dubi #Saudi Arabia #japan #boston

Quote:
Behind the scene Phoot shoot with Martin Freeman and Morena Baccarin for “Old To Joy” project @martin.freeman.page @morenabaccarin #hair #makeup #photooftheday #film #tv #movie #producer #production #shoot #photoshoot #photography #filmphotography #newyork #philadelphia #atlanta #losangeles #mia #uk #london #british #dubai #actorslife #setlife

Quote:
‘In the lift’ with Martin Freeman when we were promoting #ghoststoriesmovie #martinfreeman #sherlock #hobbit #blackpanther #cargo @sohohotellondon

Quote:
#MartinFreeman with a fan. #germany 📸

Quote:
#MartinFreeman in #germany 🇩🇪

Quote:
#MartinFreeman with a fan (3/September)

Quote:
#martinfreeman is sadly not on social media as his wife has banned him #smartwife but we did share some fabulous #derekandclive moments. Photographed for @deadline on @leicacamerausa lit with @rotolight

Quote:
#martinfreeman totally love this guy.. what a pleasure to spend some time taking his picture @leicacamerausa

Last edited by LightYears; 07-09-2019 at 12:34 PM
Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

TFTNT .

Great pictures

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-10-2020, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me

Last edited by fluffybunny; 01-12-2020 at 07:39 AM
fluffybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Here are a few of my arts.

Startup

Cargo

The Office

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 01-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

great work

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Karen.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top