Old 04-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks CC! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Gotta keep this thread up at the top eh? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's so lacking in info, where are the mad, crazy, info finders? We need them now... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm working on it!

OK got one! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

"One on One with Luke Mably"

Exclusive Interview by Thomas Chau

It’s one thing to be a leading man in a Julia Stiles movie but it’s another to also play the prince of a European country. Luckily, Luke Mably pulls it off quite nicely.

This rising actor from England stars in Paramount’s upcoming “The Prince and Me,” where he plays Prince Edvard, the prince of Denmark. Wild, reckless, and the subject of tabloid fodder, Edvard has trouble accepting his role as the future King of Denmark. In attempt to meet wild and crazy American girls, he travels to America to enroll in the University of Wisconsin as a regular college student and not the prince of Denmark. It is here that he meets Paige (Julia Stiles), a beautiful, career-focused bookworm who dreams of going to John Hopkins Medical School someday. The two fall in love, but how will Paige deal with Edvard’s fairy tale secret?

I recently had the chance to talk to Luke Mably on the telephone about his first major starring role and below is what he had to say.

TOM: The movie is divided into two parts with Prince Edvard tries to learn the ways of America and then Paige going to Denmark to learn the ways of royalty. Have you ever felt like a fish out of the water?

LUKE: I did. You don’t have it over here but it’s secondary school. It’s like high school equivalently and I went in as a first year and we decided it wasn’t right for me at this school. I decided to change into a new school. I remember the first I got there, we had a uniform in London, and I had completely the wrong uniform accidentally and all the kids laughed. I can relate to that.

TOM: Prince Edvard constantly questions his role in life. Growing up, were you always set on being an actor or did you also consider other career paths?

LUKE: From an early age, it was never “I want to be an actor, this is all I want to do.” I wasn’t quite sure. I was trying lots of things out. My first interest [in film], I suppose, was when I was about eight or nine and I had a good friend whose father brought home the first version of a video camera and we were let loose with it for a weekend. We were eight or nine year old kids so we started making these terrible horror films with tomato sauce and white sheets to pretend to be ghosts. I just remember really enjoying that and the whole creative side of it. I took drama school after that and the whole time, it was just fun and I remember just enjoying doing it - being different people or dressing up in costumes. But I started taking it really seriously when I got into drama school in London and it was a three-year training. From there, I’ve been on a mission I guess.

TOM: How was the training to learn how to behave like a prince and act proper? Do you have respect now for Prince William?

LUKE: Absolutely. With Prince William, I did read a lot of books about him. I tried to get as much video footage as I could on him. But I didn’t just base it on Prince William; there are parts of me in it and parts of other people. I sympathize with Prince William. I didn’t know this stuff about him. He’s born into a life of rules, regulations, protocols, and traditions. You have to sympathize with him. It doesn’t seem like much of a fun life to live in this bubble and have all these decisions made for you.

TOM: What was the most fun part about filming the movie?

LUKE: Lots of stuff. I think, generally, I’m a typical guy so I think a lot of the car chasing was a lot of fun. I had to work closely with the stunts on that and had to make sure I knew what I was doing. The stunts did some of it as well. Horse riding was fun too. A horse is a very temperamental animal.

TOM: As an actor still on the rise, how was it working with a more seasoned actor like Julia Stiles?

LUKE: It was brilliant. She’s wonderful, very hard working, and a very professional actor. She takes it very seriously. I really respect that in her and a lot of fun to be around. I learned a lot from her. It was kind of my first big role in a movie so she was very supportive of me and helped me through a lot of it.

TOM: How was being treated like royalty on the set?

LUKE: Well who told you I was being treated like royalty? (Laughs)

TOM: If you became a prince yourself, what would be the first law you’d enforce?

LUKE: First law? It sounds really clichéd but it would be to solve the homeless [situation] in London at the moment. It’s just really terrible. If I were prince for a day, I’d give the money to people who needed it more.

TOM: And how does it feel to think that after the movie, girls will have this dreamy, prince image of you?

LUKE: Well I don’t know about that one… (Laughs)
Old 04-18-2004, 04:12 AM
Addicted Fan

A clip:

Luke on doing Stunts
always2nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I was going to try and post this all, but it's a pretty long interview, so just go here:

Playing Julia Stiles' Prince Charming
Old 04-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

What a great interview! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Luke Mably Appreciation Thread

This thread is for the cute actor who plays Eddie in The prince and me Luke Mably who has stolen our hearts on the big screen. Lets show some love for luke.

[img]media.movieweb.com/galleries/2258/1714/hi/co2.jpg[/img]

I love the prince and me and especailly with luke in the movie, he is a good actor and with lots of potential.

Biography [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

I]Colour Me Kubrick (2004) (post-production) .... Rupert Rodnight

Prince & Me, The (2004) .... Prince Edvard 'Eddie' Valdemar Dangaard
... aka Prince and Me, The (2004) (USA)
28 Days Later... (2002) .... Private Clifton
... aka 28 Days Later (2002) (UK: closing credits title)
... aka 29 Days Later (2003) (USA: longer version)
Uprising (2001) (TV) .... Zachariah Artenstein
"In the Beginning" (2000) (mini) TV Series .... Isaac (Younger)

"Dream Team" (1997) TV Series .... Scott Lucas (1999-2001,2002)
"Holby City" (1999) TV Series .... Paul Ripley (1999-2001)[/I]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filmography as: Actor, Notable TV Guest Appearances
Marissa: Thank You
behrlover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

We already have a Luke Mably thread. You can join all the other Luke fans there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I can't find the other thread so I'm opening this again. Lena

Last edited by Lena; 05-15-2004 at 11:00 AM
Cursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I aint seen the film yet but i really want to cos i saw him in dream team and i thought he was great in it
Natz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I aint seen this film yet cos its just comin out over here but i def think he's cute cos i used to watch dream team all the time and loved his character in it
Natz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just saw the Prince and Me and while I didn't particularly like the movie, I thought that Luke was HOOOOT. He was so darn cute and was sooo sweet too. Luke's one of the best looking guys out there, I think. I couldn't take my eyes off him the whole time!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shannon*

I guess I'm in the minority, I actually found his "rich boy, ladies man" attitude sexy. LOL.
You're definitely not alone. I love the badass attitude as well.

Rory & Logan || Craig & Ashley || Sean & Ellie || Seth & Marissa || Ryan & Lindsey || Ryan & Summer || Sandy & Kirsten
poppi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Addicted Fan

i was the movie and he does look hot!! especially in the King outfit..

"I wasn't at all surprised to hear about Chad and Sophia's engagement. If you spend anytime with them you know this is not some teen romance. They fit together like old shoes. It's a good thing ."
-->Craig Sheffer

Congrats to Chad and Sophia
chadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't like The Prince and Me that much, but I think Luke was very hot in it! Especially the library scene... I've also seen him in Dream Team, and he was yummy in it, too.
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Merged the 2 Luke threads we had.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

funny that this thread popped up I saw a bit of The Prince and Me last night

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top