Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Kate Beckinsale Appr. #1; A true English Rose.

Anyone else like this devine English actress? I'm not so much a fan of English actors but Kate and Rachel Weisz bend the rules, well for me, anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm really looking forward to Van Helsing in May, I just hope it lives up to the trailer which looks amazing. Plus, Hugh Jackman. Yum. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Here's a little Kate bio I wrote:

Kate Beckinsale (b 26. July 1973) is one of England’s most finest acting exports. Alongside the likes of Rachel Weisz and Keira Knightley, Beckinsale has made an impact on the Hollywood industry in recent years. Like all English actresses, it takes a lot of patience and the perfect time to embody yourself in the American public eye, and of course: the world. The film that gave Beckinsale that worldwide recognition was the Bruckheimer produced film Pearl Harbor.

Before the dizzying heights of Hollywood, Beckinsale was just your regular English scholar, attending Oxford. It was there, that whilst studying French and Russian literature she got her feature film debut in Kenneth Branagh’s adaptation of the classic Shakespearean play Much Ado About Nothing. Previously, Beckinsale had done bits of acting here and there, but never on a truly professional basis. After a tumultuous youth, which included the death of her father, actor Richard Beckinsale (d. 1979), she took a life-changing trip to Paris as part of a “study abroad” scheme employed by Oxford. It was in France that she decided a change was needed career-wise.

Returning home, Beckinsale claimed parts in successful TV series and movies. One of the highlights, portraying a philanthropic con artist in the 1996 movie, Shooting Fish. In 1999, after the release of the thriller Brokedown Palace, co-starring Claire Danes, Beckinsale’s life changed dramatically with the arrival of her daughter Lily with then partner, Welsh actor, Michael Sheen.

Balancing motherhood with a promising film career, Beckinsale got her worldwide film debut in the war romance Pearl Harbor alongside Ben Affleck after first choice Charlize Theron pulled out due to filming conflicts. The film grossed over £200 million worldwide. Star status had arrived.

These days, comic book adaptations seem to be a common occurrence on Beckinsale’s CV. 2003 saw the release of uber vampire/werewolf cross-over movie Underworld. Her next release is the highly anticipated Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman, due May this year. Fan rumours are circulating the internet that Beckinsale could be starring alongside Jackman again in Bryan Singer’s as of yet, untitled, third X Men movie. Another project, due for release is the Martin Scorsese Oscar friendly biopic The Aviator. Beckinsale co-stars with Leonardo DiCaprio and Australian movie chameleon Cate Blanchett.

It’d be interesting to see if Beckinsale can find time during her busy schedule to tie the knot with fiancé Len Wiseman. After all, there are plans for them to re-team with a possible Underworld sequel, which would see her reprise her role as vampire warrior Selene, and give the film a 2005 release.

I tried to make that as accurate as possible. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 03-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I love that biography. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It describes her so well.
She also did Serendipity in 2001 with John Cusack. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 03-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm, I could have sworn we had a Kate thread around here somewhere. Must have gotten booted off when we did our Spring cleaning.

Great intro though Lee [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I just adore Kate. I admit to having a bit of a crush too, ever since Pearl Harbor [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-21-2004, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I remember that thread. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

well anyways, yay on the Kate thread! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She rocks!!
Old 03-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *CasandraBuffyWillowFan*:
Great intro though Lee [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I just adore Kate. I admit to having a bit of a crush too, ever since Pearl Harbor [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Underworld has started this whole new appreciation for me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm planning on buying Brokedown Palace on DVD this week. I've never seen it before so it'd be good to see another Kate movie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

xx
Old 03-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

I loved Kate in Pearl Harbor, and I've always wanted to see Serendipity but never got the chance.

I'm looking foward to watching her in Van Helsing. The movie looks really good, and she seems to have a great part in it.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, Van Helsing looks extremely cool. And I really like Hugh, so I'm betting it'll be a must see [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I developed a crush for Kate when I saw Brokedown Palace (or well I got the hots for her seeing as she and Claire Danes' character were so slashy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and when I saw Pearl Harbor I fell in love with her. I love all of her movies, she truly shines in all of them.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

They're slashy? Wow. Makes me want to put the DVD on now (which I bought today, btw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) instead of waiting until tonight! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I have to study before then. Meh. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

xx
Old 03-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Cassandra, you'll love BP. I never saw the slash though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 03-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

You know, just looking at the trailer for BP I can sense the slashyness from it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Actually, there is a bit right in the beginning when Kate and Claire get to Thailand for the first time and after they've met the drug dude (which of course they don't know about) there's a scene when Claire comes back from shopping and Kate's asleep cuz she had an "intense" night ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and Claire gets on the bed behind her and puts her arms around Kate... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If that's not slash intent, I don't know what is! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

xx
Old 03-23-2004, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

Well the movie was a few years back, right? So maybe there was supposed to be that underlying 'thing', and it just wasn't addressed because at that point it wasn't trendy [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Niiiiice theory. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

No, they're best friends and I honestly don't think it was intended to be that close of a relationship. Plus, both of them like the bad guy, and it's actually Kate who gets the nookie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Though, you don't see it but it is implied, first by their chat afterwards and in the prision by Kate herself - with the use of that lovely 'F' word [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] .

xx

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 03-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cici-inator:
They're slashy? Wow. Makes me want to put the DVD on now (which I bought today, btw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) instead of waiting until tonight! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I have to study before then. Meh. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

xx
Yeah! Though to me everything is slashy so you'll have to look for yourself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

also I forgot about the bed scene in the beginning so now I gotta go watch it again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top