Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Total Fan

Cillian Murphy Appreciation Thread

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey everyone!

Any Cillian fans out there? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Cillian Murphy was born on 1974 in Cork, Ireland, but he’s currently living in Dublin. He studied law before becoming an actor. He loves theatre work, but he’s most famous for his roles in movies On The Edge, Disco Pigs and 28 Days Later. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2003: Message edited Tery ]

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Tery ]
Old 11-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I also think he's quite lovely, but I like him better how he looked in "28 Days Later" with head shaved and looking all intense while covered in blood.

He does look a lot like Tom Welling from "Smallville" with the long hair...maybe why I like him with shorter hair.

-Hyde
Old 11-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello

OMG! Another fan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] 'can't believe it! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I liked him better in 28 Days as well. Though, when he cut off his hair and shaved, I couldn't quite believe it was the same person! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I guess he does look like Tom a little...
Old 11-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, I am a fan indeed! When I first saw him in "28 Days Later..." I totally thought he was the guy (Rhys Infans) from "Notting Hill," the guy who played Spike. But after he cleaned up and shaved, whoa, hottie underneath!

The only other thing I've seen him in is "The Way We Live Today." Have you seen it yet? He does have a biggish role in that, and is nice on the eyes while watching it.

-Hyde
Old 11-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Total Fan

No, I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
What's it about?

But I saw him in "On The Edge". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Seen that? It's a pretty freaky movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tery:
No, I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
What's it about?

But I saw him in "On The Edge". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Seen that? It's a pretty freaky movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
They Way We Live Now is about a bunch of people in Victorian London and about the noveau riche and whatnot, about title-holding families without money, integrity, all that heavy kind of stuff. Cillian plays idealistic engineer, Paul Montague.

And here's Cillian all dirty and hot from 28 Days Later...:

-Hyde
Old 11-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Total Fan

Sounds cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Will I be able to find the movie in the video store?

It's funny, the "28 days" pic reminded me how confused I was when Jim escaped those soldiers and came back to their base to rescue Selena and the girl. I wasn't sure if he was infected or not! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sounds cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Will I be able to find the movie in the video store?
I'm not sure, actually. I'd try your local library system. They're probably better with having those kinds of videos, of course, you never know. (It's a BBC Production)

Of course if you're in the UK, that might be easier to find it at a video store too.

-Hyde
Old 11-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Any Cillian fans out there?
Hi, I'm a Cillian fan. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I loved him in that movie! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 03:42 AM
New Fan

I love Cillian as Jim in "28 Days Later." Major plus because he's naked!!!! *Drools*

Good movie too!!! Weeeee
Old 11-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaded:

I'm not sure, actually. I'd try your local library system. They're probably better with having those kinds of videos, of course, you never know. (It's a BBC Production)

Of course if you're in the UK, that might be easier to find it at a video store too.
I'm from Croatia. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I checked the video store... nope, they didn't have it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'll ask around, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome to the thread S.A.S.H.A. and Ferriman! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

OMG! I'll never forget the first scene where we see "Jim" naked! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaded:
The only other thing I've seen him in is "The Way We Live Today." Have you seen it yet? He does have a biggish role in that, and is nice on the eyes while watching it.

Wow, I'm glad there's a thread for this actor. He's is really charismatic.

Yeah, he played Paul Montague in The Way We Live Now.

Its available on DVD and VHS in both the US and Canada.

I just thought to myself, that Cillian reminds me of

1. Ian Somerhlader - of Young American fame
2. Tom Welling - Smallville

Take care
Old 11-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shakespeareuk:
Wow, I'm glad there's a thread for this actor. He's is really charismatic.

Yeah, he played Paul Montague in The Way We Live Now.

Its available on DVD and VHS in both the US and Canada.

I just thought to myself, that Cillian reminds me of

1. Ian Somerhlader - of Young American fame
2. Tom Welling - Smallville

Take care
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello! Welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Too bad The Way We Live Now isn't available here (yet), now I really want to see it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Don't know who Ian Somerhlader is, but Cillian and Tom Welling definately have some similarities.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello! Welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Too bad The Way We Live Now isn't available here (yet), now I really want to see it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Don't know who Ian Somerhlader is, but Cillian and Tom Welling definately have some similarities.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi and thanks for hte welcome.

Look out for the Way We Live Now - hope you get a copy of it soon. He's got a good part.

Ian Somerhalder will be playing in Smallville soon, and he's got his own thread under Male Celebrities, so check him out there, he does look like Tom and Cillian, well I think so anyway.

Take care
Old 11-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

You can find some pictures of Cillian at the Girl with Pearl Earring website. (I can't directly link because the photo gallery is on some flash script.)

He plays Pieter the butcher. I can't wait to see the movie. Cillian Murphy AND Colin Firth (who plays Vermeer)? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Hyde
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top