Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Aw yeah that's true we might not

That sucks it fried her hair! I like her better as a brunette
Old 06-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

can i be added to the list? thanks! yay she look better as a burnette too!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome

A few pics from the after-party from her theater play debut:

And an interview:

Quote:
Through a Glass Darkly’s Carey Mulligan on Opening Night, the Difficulties of Winding Down, and Ryan Gosling

The Atlantic Theater Company’s stage adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's Through a Glass Darkly opened last night. The play stars An Education's Carey Mulligan — no stranger to Broadway, having appeared in 2008's very well-regarded production of Chekhov's The Seagull — as a woman going mad. We caught up with Mulligan at the after-party at Chinatown Brasserie to discuss the play, her seagull tattoo, what's going on with The Great Gatsby, and working with Ryan Gosling.

Hi.
Do you mind if I drink some water before we talk? I leave these performances and I need, like, tons and tons of water! It’s really weird.

Of course! Your head must be spinning after playing this character …
With all plays, it’s hard to immediately shut down. I wish I went home and fell right asleep, but I just can’t manage to sleep till 1:30 or 2 a.m. Like, last night I watched The Bourne Ultimatum until around two in the morning. And I don’t nap during the day because I’ll wake up thinking about the show, and there’s too much on my mind to sleep. Ordinarily I’m a really good sleeper, but we’re all so desperate to get it in the right place, in the right time …

Are you nervous about the reviews?
I wish that I could say I don’t read the reviews, but I know I’m going to have like four glasses of wine and then be like … “Google!” [Editor's note: She couldn't have been disappointed with what she found.]

Do you find yourself acting a little crazy after playing a woman losing her mind?
During rehearsals, yes. I would carry it around for an hour or so. I was acting slightly irrational around that time. Now it’s like we leave it all on the floor when the play is finished. It’s weird how it works that way. It was the same when I did The Seagull. In rehearsal, I was anguished. Then during the actual show, we’d leave it all there at the end of the night and go grab a drink, and feel sort of peaceful because you’d just … get everything out.

Obviously that play made a huge impact on you, as evidenced by your new seagull tattoo. Will you get another tattoo after this play?
Oh no! If I start doing that every time I finish a play, I’m going to be like up to here [points to shoulders] in tattoos. The Seagull just meant so much to me. I loved that character so much and I was so, so sad to finish. When I ended it, my friend Ann Dowd, who played Polina, wrote me this note that said, “Whenever the sadness begins to overwhelm, remember this is only one of the many times you’ll play Nina, because you two are entwined.” And it’s funny because, I don’t know if I’m just a one-trick pony, but I do always find something of her in the characters I’ve gone off to play. In the last scene, she had this speech, “I know now it’s not about fame or glory, or all the things I used to dream about; it’s about being able to endure, to bay across, and keep the faith. I do have faith and when I think about my vocation I am not afraid of life.” That’s why I have the tattoo, really. Because I love that story and that character, and the message that I do what I do not for any other kind of gain, because if I did that, it would all be empty. And then also, when I’m ****ting myself and about to go onstage, I can look at the seagull and have a little mantra.

Speaking of powerful roles, The Great Gatsby is coming up.
Yeah, we’re all having secret meetings about it now! I’ve started hanging out with Baz, and we’ll all go to Australia in August and start rehearsing. I did a film with Steve McQueen in January, and now this play, so I’ve kind of known Gatsby was there and that it was going to take up half my year and be a big thing, but I haven’t really jumped into it yet. Now that I’ve made it to the play, I can start to think about playing Daisy more. I’ve had to focus on other jobs; I don’t want to get more confused!

You also squeezed in Drive with Ryan Gosling … how fun was that?
He is such a blast. He’s 100 percent up for anything. Nick, the director, and Ryan were like best friends the whole time. I mainly just stare at Ryan for like two hours in the film. Someone’s gotta do it.
Through a Glass Darkly’s Carey Mulligan on Opening Night, the Difficulties of Winding Down, and Ryan Gosling -- Vulture
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the pics and article! She looks SO young there! Like 20 if not younger.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some other new pics:

She looks adorable!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

She does! She looks more so her age there I think
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the pics!
She looks so cute, as always.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

She looks so cute especially her smile in the second one!!

&& she does look more her age

It's amazing what a hair color can do and her growing out her hair!
Marilyn
Old 06-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

It is amazing! I love it! She looks good, but she can pull off any look it's not fair
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I quite like her dress.

A new film for Carey!!

Quote:
Mon., Jun. 27, 2011, 3:21pm PT
GK Films explores 'Outback' with Carey Mulligan
Gary Ross helming sci-fi actioner sent in Australian Outback

By Jeff Sneider, Rachel Abrams

Graham King's GK Films is headed to Oz, mounting a sci-fi action film titled "Outback" with Carey Mulligan attached to star and Gary Ross on board to direct.

Nissar Modi ("Z For Zachariah") will write the script based on an original idea that he and Ross conceived. Tobey Maguire is set to produce along with Ross, King and his GK Films partner Tim Headington.

Producers are keeping the logline under wraps, but the story will be set in the Australian outback.

Mulligan is set to spend the summer filming Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" in Australia. Thesp next stars opposite Ryan Gosling in Nicolas Winding Refn's stylish crime pic "Drive" and opposite Michael Fassbender in Steve McQueen's sex addiction drama "Shame."

Ross is currently filming Lionsgate's adaptation of "The Hunger Games."

GK Films recently produced a trio of Johnny Depp pics -- "The Tourist," "Rango" and "The Rum Diary" -- the latter of which its subsidiary FilmDistrict will release in the U.S. on Oct. 28. FilmDistrict is also releasing Angelina Jolie's directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey," a GK Films production, on Dec. 23. GK is currently in post-production on Martin Scorsese's 3D adventure "Hugo," which Paramount opens Nov. 23. Company's upcoming projects include a feature adaptation of "Jersey Boys," a reboot of the "Tomb Raider" franchise and an untitled biopic of Queen singer Freddie Mercury, toplined by Sacha Baron Cohen.

CAA reps Mulligan, Ross, Maguire and Modi.
variety
Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Sounds interesting! I love the array of roles she has been playing. Really excited to see her in GG.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She's so busy. She's going to be great in GG.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait for that one!! She is going to KILL that role!!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

Carey Mulligan: ‘Drive’ at Comic-Con 2011! | Just Jared
-Safe
Old 07-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

I love her with short hair so much.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top