Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Angelina Jolie #20: Because "there's an amazing positive energy that comes out of this woman...." - Marion Cotillard.

Angelina Jolie Voight; 4 June 1975
Los Angeles, California, USA

Made by: weird_angel

The f a n s
1. Juliena
2. Martystel
3. Butterflygirl
4. truelovepj
5. Dingbat
6. wbjunkie
7. Liz01
8. Eilleen
9. americanpsycho21
10. Spikes Angel
11. life_style
12. claydie91
13. -Kat
14. ashley420
15. Hil/Peyton
16. shayesta
17. LostEvi
18. MiSs Vicky
19. Ella_Ocean
20. Little Apple
21. AphroditeAres
22. xPIXIEx
23. M.I.S.S.Y
24. lamagamorgana
25. Tru Davies
26. White Noise
27. Insanitic
28. Jojo
29. Scarlet's Walk
30. *Fatima*
31. LostEvi
32. *~Sophia~*
33. LillyLove
34. deejay0212
35. Ooops
36. Eviekins15
37. MissNefertiti
38. DiagonalZipper
39. Sawyer&Kate
40. AndLoveYelledNO
41. dixieland_dreamer
42. WildcatNaleyFan
43. xXxCaycexXx
44. Amy Lee__
45. Addison Montgomery
46. tootyfnfrooty
47. Nadja_S
48. candyycircus
49. MarieJena
50. AmyElizabeth
51. house_cuddy4eva
52. Pixie B
53. loveslullaby
54. alexis bledel the best
55. BrighterSuNShine
56. Pasadora

b i o g r a p h y
In her earliest years, Angelina began absorbing the acting craft from her parents - her father is the Oscar-winning actor Jon Voight and her mother is Marcheline Bertrand, who had studied with Lee Strasberg. At age 11, Angelina began studying at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. She undertook some film studies at New York University and later joined the renowned Met Theatre Group in Los Angeles. At age 16, she took up a career in modeling and appeared in some music videos. Her exotic good looks may derive from her mixed ancestry which is Czech, French-Canadian, Iroquois and English.

Her critical acclaim increased when she played strong roles in the made-for-TV movies True Women (1997) (TV), and in George Wallace (1997) (TV) which won her a Golden Globe award and an Emmy nomination. Jolie's acclaim increased even further when she played the lead role in the HBO production Gia (1998) (TV).

Jolie has stated that she now plans to spend most of her time in humanitarian efforts, to be financed by her actress salary. She devotes one third of her income to savings, one third to living expenses and one third to charity.

In 2002, Angelina adopted a Cambodian refugee boy named Maddox and in 2005 adopted an Ethiopian refugee girl named Zahara. In 2006 she and Brad Pitt welcomed daughter Shiloh Nouvell Jolie-Pitt. They also adopted a three-year-old Vietnamese boy named Pax. Angelina gave birth to Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt in 2008.

Full biography at Imdb.com

the q u o t e s
When I started traveling with the UN I didn't do it with the intention of drawing attention, I did it because I didn't feel I knew enough about the world around me. I felt the responsibility to educate myself.

We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly... Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything... Throw things out there and not be perfect and not have answers to anything and see if people understand.

Nothing wins more hearts and minds and nothing gives more freedom than education and nothing is a better deterrent for conflict than an educated child.

Age is beautiful. My mother was beautiful. She was when she passed away. I have a family that loves me as I am. I see little bits of me in my daughter - so that's beauty to me. Honesty is also beauty.

Refugees have done more for my heart and my spirit than I can ever express in words.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now

My mum's name was Marcheline and we called her 'Marshmallow' as a joke because she was just the softest, most gentle woman in the world. She was really sweet and she would never get angry. She couldn't swear to save her life. But when it came to her kids, she was really fierce.

I'd go from film to film and almost detach from one world and jump in another. I was living as these people and not having a self. I didn't know who I was. And things just get really dark.

I'm supposed to tell stories, and you're supposed to believe I'm other people. You shouldn't be so focused about who I really am.

We must open up our eyes to the wonderful diversity in this world.

Sanity is overrated

I think we all want justice and equality. We all want a chance for a life with meaning. All of us would like to believe that if we were in a bad situation someone would help us out.

Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man or woman you're in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.

There is so much more happening around the world than what is communicated to us. We all need to look deeper and discover for ourselves.

I'm tired of crying and feeling so helpless. I want to breathe again Just for a little while. Then I will do whatever I can to help these people. How could I not once I met them, once I saw them.

You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; **** happens.

We are setting an example of what we think is beautiful and you really want to put that much make up on me?

If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me.

Made by: Butterflygirl

the r e a s o n s
1. Because she's beautiful inside and out.
2. Because she has a mighty heart.
3. Because she's simply amazing.
4. Because we love everything she does for refugees and those less fortunate.
5. Because she's the hottest mother in Hollywood.

on a n g e l i n a
"There are celebrities who have charities, but you don't see them on the ground. Angelina is on the ground doing things." Wyclef Jean

"Her work with refugees is not something to decorate herself. She studies the issues." Colin Powell (Former Secretary of State)

"I think she is a terrific talent, until I saw a running of the film, I only had my brief and limited exposure to her. Now I'm even more impressed with her than ever." Sean Connery

"You cannot discount the work that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt do for people in the world." Dan Aykroyd

"We have very passionate conversations. [Laughs.] I always learn from her, and I never walk out of a conversation with Angie without learning something. She doesn't acknowledge borders so much, and neither do I. It's a voluntary view of the world. She's capable of respecting other cultures while remaining herself." Mariane Pearl

"I went to the premiere for Hotel Rwanda. Angelina Jolie was there, and she gave this speech about Darfur. At the after-party I went up to her and asked her to educate me. She asked me if I wanted to go. I would have said yes to anything she said – I was kind of hypnotized." Ryan Gosling

"I found myself staring at her, but secretly I was hoping she was checking me out." Charisma Carpenter

"Angelina Jolie! I don’t have any questions for her… I just want to sit there and stare at her for half hour!" Carson Daly

"I think I worked with one of the most sweet and vunerable and fragile actresses that I have ever worked with, more sensitive than you can ever believe. Angelina Jolie. She is magnificent. I had in front of me an acting animal." Antonio Banderas.

"She's lovely. I was honored to be on Good Morning America with her. She's very nice. She's really kind of shy. But I haven't worked with her. She's wonderful. I thought the last thing she did about Daniel Pearl (on A Mighty Heart) was just terrific. All her work is extraordinary. She's a wonderful actress." Anthony Hopkins.

"Ok..I want to congratulate Angelina because it's been a very long time since I've been in this business and I've never met a person who has such a good balance between family life, humanitarian efforts, ..and all the extraordinary work that she does in addition to this." Dustin Hoffman.

"Working with someone like Angelina Jolie is a great privilege, because you get to look on that gorgeous beauty every day. And she's a great talent..
She's wonderful, she's wonderful.To me it's like she's a throwback to the women in film of the Forties. Not to say the women today aren't great, but back then there was more individuality, all the faces were different. They didn't have the same Botox look.Angelina has that great individuality, her own look and her own style - and she's a terrific actress besides.I think she would have been just as big a name in that era, the same as Katharine Hepburn, Bette Davis and Ingrid Bergman." Clint Eastwood

"She was very good, and kind of tough..And when I watched the scene, it made me laugh… She has a kind of Audrey Hepburn-ish quality about her." Robert De Niro

"Of course, I'm excited to see Angelina Jolie on-screen….She's….she's talented." John Malkovich

"Such a wonderful woman….Aside from all that physical beauty, she's a real person." Morgan Freeman

"She's very sexy - there's just something about the way she moves. She's like liquid." Denzel Washington

"She's an incredibly, phenomenally, naturally talented actress… At the time I worked with her, she was battling her looks because she's so beautiful. She wanted very much to be taken seriously and not just judged on her looks. And she conquered that." Winona Ryder

"(Angelina) seems to be someone who spends a lot of time thinking about pretty substantial things. But there's such a loss of critical thinking in this country. She's giving an enormous amount of money - and yet there is still interest in the really superficial." Sarah Jessica Parker

"There are people in my own profession I admire, who have done things and made substantial change, like Bono and Angelina Jolie. They are models for how you can meaningfully devote your life to causes. It's not just lending your face. It's giving yourself. A lot of people lack meaning in their lives, and that's why getting active in issues like microfinance gives you such a center to your life." Natalie Portman

"She is very sexy. It sounds like an obvious answer, but there is something about her. She's hot, I'm sorry. And she's an incredible actress." Sarah Michelle Gellar

"Let's be realistic, you want to see people like Johnny Depp on the red carpet, or Angelina Jolie, a young woman I admire. That is the place for beautiful young people." Julie Christie

"There's an amazing positive energy that comes out of this woman. She has such a wonderful aura." Marion Cotillard

"I would like to do an action movie. I love to watch Angelina Jolie in movies like Mr. and Mrs. Smith….
I think movies where women have great strength and character are interesting. I'm dying to do one." Reese Witherspoon

"Angelina Jolie does very well in red carpet situations because again she seems to really just underplay it. She doesn't draw too much attention to herself and she's stunningly beautiful of course, as we all know. But always looks very fresh and natural and comfortable in her own skin. You know I think it's important to remember that. That's just a very important message for women and particularly younger women. It's just about trying to be who you are and not adjust yourself too much just because your in the spotlight sometimes. And I just really admire those qualities in both Angelina and Meryl." Kate Winslet

"I'd never met Angelina before but I found her to be a real treat, I mean a real doll. She's a nice woman, serious about what she does and loves her man and loves her kids. I was very impressed." Johnny Depp

Made by xPIXIEx

There is a campaign thread to get a board for Angelina Jolie here.

If you wish to join the campaign, please comment on the campaign thread so we
can add you to the support list and send you monthly reminders when it comes time to vote.

{ click the banner below to go to the campaign thread }

Thanks to sugarfixx

Last edited by Scarlet's Walk; 02-26-2010 at 10:33 AM
Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Caro

Glad we could finally kill the previous thread.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

No problem & same here And thank you for making our OP prettier! I was thinking of what you said in the last thread, that we could come up with reasons why we love Angie ...it should be a piece of cake, lol.

Here's some kinda recent pics of Angie on the Salt set...

Speechless

I srsly can't wait for this movie!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy your new thread!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

^Thanks.

Caro, you're welcome for the OP. I had fun making it. And it probably shouldn't be too hard coming up with reasons why we love her.

She looks so pretty in those pictures. I just love her smile.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Thank you, ladyle

Fatima, I know, she's adorable when she smiles...

It reminds me of what Brad said about her in an interview, that she does the sexy/femmale fatale role for movies really well, but there's the other side where she's such a warm and caring person I think you can feel that when she smiles.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Fatima, the new OP is gorgeous! Love it!!!!

Caro, thanks for the new thread! Love the tittle, such a beautiful quote!

Those Salt bts pics are so pretty. She's simply stunning!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

^She really is

Brad & Angelina To Skip 2010 Oscars — EXCLUSIVE

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will not be attending the 2010 Oscars, despite several false reports on the Internet.

“They will be out of the country during the Oscars,” a source close to the couple tells JustJared.com exclusively. “Angie will be busy shooting The Tourist.”

The Tourist is about an Interpol agent (Jolie) in Europe who manipulates an American tourist (Johnny Depp) in an attempt to flush out an elusive criminal who was her former lover.

Over the weekend, JustJared.com exclusively reported that reports of a Brad/Angie break-up were untrue. To be precise, “total b.s.“

Read more: Brad & Angelina To Skip 2010 Oscars — EXCLUSIVE | 2010 Oscars, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt : Just Jared

Bummer I was really looking forward to see them on the red carpet again...But I guess it makes sense they won't be there since both will be working. Although, on the other hand, I'm beyond excited to see the first filming pics of "The Tourist"
Old 01-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Loyal Fan

finally new thread TFTNT love the title

I didn't expect she would attend the oscar. she probably would spend more exciting and happy time in Venice at that time

Quote:
You vote Hugh Laurie, Angelina Jolie and Kristen Stewart most attractive of 2009

It's an event that's 12 months in the making - the culmination of hellomagazine.com's most attractive and most elegant polls draws interest from around the world and gets readers clicking in their thousands.

And excitement this year was equally as high. In total the three categories – most attractive man, woman and most elegant woman - attracted nearly three quarters of a million votes.

The battle for the most attractive man title turned into a two horse race, with Twilight hunk Robert Pattinson and House star Hugh Laurie neck and neck right until the end. At the close of the poll over 500,000 votes had been cast in this category alone and last year's winner Rob was eventually beaten into second place by fellow Brit Hugh. The final outcome showed just how close the result was with only 4,770 votes seperating the two.

Hugh led with 25.4 per cent of the vote, while Robert's fans amassed just under a quarter of the total.

Swiss tennis star Roger Federer, in at third, was the only non-Brit in the top six. Handsome Scotsman Gerard Butler – who won in 2005 – was this year's number four. He was followed by the dishy doctor David Tennant and Orlando Bloom.

In the most elegant woman category, it was time for Madonna's two year-reign to come to an end. The queen of pop took third this year.

The clear winner of 2009 was Hollywood beauty Angelina Jolie, who stormed ahead with just under 32 per cent of the final vote.

Taking silver was Britney Spears, with just under 19 per cent.
Constantly hailed as one of the world's most stylish royals, Queen Rania of Jordan was placed fourth by readers. And completing the top five was Harry Potter actress Emma Watson, who has been busy making her mark on the fashion world in the last twelve months.
Her Twilight co-star just missed out in his category, but Kristen Stewart took gold by a landslide in the most attractive woman section. The pretty brunette's fans helped her accumulate just under 35 per cent of the poll.

The top four was very much a musical affair, with last year's winner Britney in at second followed by Avril Lavigne and Madonna taking third and fourth.
Ever popular Sarah Michelle Geller, who welcomed her first baby in 2009, completed the top five, closely followed by Christina Aguilera.

You vote Hugh Laurie, Angelina Jolie and Kristen Stewart most attractive of 2009 - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Were 'Out at Dinner' When Split Rumors Broke

Wednesday January 27, 2010 06:30 AM EST

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie weren't fretting over recent false reports that they were headed for splitsville. As the rumor mill was spinning out of control, the couple of nearly five years were enjoying some quiet time together, a source tells PEOPLE.

"Angie and Brad were actually out to dinner together in Los Angeles when the rumor broke," says the source. "That's how ridiculous [the story] is."

At the time, multiple sources told PEOPLE the report, which originated in a British tabloid, was "totally false."

Currently, the pair are sharing family time in Los Angeles with their kids Maddox, 8, Pax, 6, Zahara, 5, Shiloh, 3, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 18 months.

As for whether Hollywood's golden couple will attend this year's Academy Awards together in March, at the moment their schedule includes filming so they don't have plans to be there, says a source.
Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Were 'Out at Dinner' When Split Rumors Broke - Couples, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt : People.com
Old 01-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the news everyone.

I didn't really expect Brad and Angie to attend the oscars. They don't have any reason to go.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news, Somi

You're right, Fatima...They have no reason to attend unless Brad gets a nod for his role in IB, but I doubt it...Plus, they will be working, so it's still a no, lol.

Btw guys, did you see the beautiful video that Angelina and his brother James made in memory of their mom, Marcheline? It was on YT this morning, since they wanted to share personal footage for some hours. Today is the three year anniversary of their mom's passing, so I imagine this must be a sad time for Angie
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

I saw it, Caro
It was very touching, I love the song that was used. Beautiful tribute.
Marcheline was soo gorgeous and looked like such a happy, free person. Angie looks just like her

I was looking at the fans list in the OP and for some crazy reason I couldn't find my name....I swear freaked out for a moment
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

That must've been a very sad day for Angie. I'm sure Brad and the kids cheered her up. I didn't see the video, though. Wish I had.

I love your Angie icons guys. Very pretty.

Aaaw Bru You're on the list though, you must've just overlooked it.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Fatima, since the video now is shown as private on YT, you can watch it here:

Angelina Jolie & Bro Make Video Tribute to Mom | TMZ.com

If the clip doesn't play, let me know and I will send you the vid

Quote:
Marcheline was soo gorgeous and looked like such a happy, free person. Angie looks just like her
I love how close Angie was with her mom, she's always said she's her biggest inspiration...you can tell Marcheline had a beautiful soul, just like Angie.

Quote:
I was looking at the fans list in the OP and for some crazy reason I couldn't find my name....I swear freaked out for a moment

I freaked out when I saw my previous username was there instead of the current one, I was like: "noooooo, I'm not really there, I gotta change it right now!" But no, I'm not obsessed

Btw, I love the quote you have now, Bru Actually, when I was changing my icon and sig, I was torn between using that one or the one I have now...Great minds think alike, huh?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Caro, thanks for the link. The video worked perfectly. It's such a beautiful video and the song was just perfect. Angie looks a lot like her mother.