Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm so glad we have a place here where that can be said without being attacked.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very true! Despite what is being said about either of them, the most important thing to remember, no matter who you support in the issue is that it remains respectful.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Same. I can't believe people still doubt her after the video.
I know and it gets creepier (did you see the latest news?) jesus, I hope this ends soon
If I were Vanessa I'd stay out of it I know she is doing this for her children but she does not know what happened she wasn't there, she's not a real witness... she is expected for trial if the case makes it that far. Amber (allegedly) is asking Johnny to make an statement admitting he was abusive but he refuses because he says he did not, so they are probably going to trial.. Can this end already

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like they are asking Vanessa becaus eshe was with him for so many years and is a character witness on his behalf.

In truth, we don't know what happened either and are getting stories that have been filtered through the media.

In the end, I hope that this can be resolved without anymore bad talk about either Amber or Johnny despite what may have transpired between them.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

They've settled. I really hope she is able to move on from this without any further harm, physically, emotionally, and career-wise. I really wish her the best.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I saw that. I suppose that had to be the way to go, but now people got the excuse to say it wasn't true cause she dropped it.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:34 PM
New Fan

Just glad that it is over and Amber is free of JD. It really was disturbing to see his stans still defending him even after that tape was shown. Hopefully she will move on and be happy.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I saw that. I suppose that had to be the way to go, but now people got the excuse to say it wasn't true cause she dropped it.
Yeah but in the end you just have to cut some of your losses. A lot of those people thinking or saying that she lied were never going to believe her anyway because they had long made up their mind, and with every piece of evidence that came out, they kept coming up with the most insane ways to spin it in his favor and make her look bad.

At the end of the day, the statement released states nobody (really meaning she) lied for financial gain, so that clears her name. And that there was no "intent" to harm - key word here being intent. He basically admitted it without openly admitting it; he hurt her but he didn't mean to hurt her because he was drunk and high all the time. Personally, I wanted his @ $ $ dragged in court and for that restraining order to go through to validate anyone brave enough to do what she did, but in the end of the day this allows Amber to be done with it and move on. If it's enough for her, it's enough for me.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)
Yeah but in the end you just have to cut some of your losses. A lot of those people thinking or saying that she lied were never going to believe her anyway because they had long made up their mind, and with every piece of evidence that came out, they kept coming up with the most insane ways to spin it in his favor and make her look bad.

At the end of the day, the statement released states nobody (really meaning she) lied for financial gain, so that clears her name. And that there was no "intent" to harm - key word here being intent. He basically admitted it without openly admitting it; he hurt her but he didn't mean to hurt her because he was drunk and high all the time. Personally, I wanted his @ $ $ dragged in court and for that restraining order to go through to validate anyone brave enough to do what she did, but in the end of the day this allows Amber to be done with it and move on. If it's enough for her, it's enough for me.
+1 although I feel like he won and I hate it tbh, feels like all of this battle was pointless and now people can go on calling her a lying gold digger "Gone Girl" .. I am very disappointed but also glad it's over. Hope this doesn't hurt her career he will be fine he's a rich well known actor even if he hasn't had a successful movie in years he will still get projects because white males in Hollywood can do anything and their careers don't suffer. Women on the other hand not so much, hard to get taken seriously if you are pretty and a scandal of this proportion, when I read it one of my first thoughts was 'this is career suicide' because she really got al the bad publicity even famous actors and directors bashed her in his favor, he's that influential so who is gonna hire her now after this? Luckily she is in Justice League, it's a big movie also Aquaman I hope her career continues after that.

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least we know we show support and can refrain from the name calling on this board. That's important IMO.

If her fans continue to support her she will always have a career.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)

Yeah, I do like the way it was worded, it's proof in my eyes. Unfortunately people will still come up with excuses.

If Amber had any doubts about her sexuality, I think this escape will put her off men.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They've put it behind them now and it's time to move forward.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 PM
New Fan

Happy that Amber no longer has to deal with JD or his stans again.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by val ღ (View Post)
+1 although I feel like he won and I hate it tbh, feels like all of this battle was pointless and now people can go on calling her a lying gold digger "Gone Girl" .. I am very disappointed but also glad it's over. Hope this doesn't hurt her career he will be fine he's a rich well known actor even if he hasn't had a successful movie in years he will still get projects because white males in Hollywood can do anything and their careers don't suffer. Women on the other hand not so much, hard to get taken seriously if you are pretty and a scandal of this proportion, when I read it one of my first thoughts was 'this is career suicide' because she really got al the bad publicity even famous actors and directors bashed her in his favor, he's that influential so who is gonna hire her now after this? Luckily she is in Justice League, it's a big movie also Aquaman I hope her career continues after that.
I get that some feel like it was he that won, but not really. By divorcing him and filing for that restraining order, she exposed him and stood up to one of Hollywood's biggest powerhouses (Disney included). As information leaked, regardless of why and who put it out, the truth of what he turns into was exposed.

Even the settlement $ proves she wasn't in it for the money. If you do the math based on estimates of what he made in those 15 months, it adds up to that amount. She was going to get that regardless. If she was really a lying gold digger, she's the worst one in history, because that means she would have divorced a man that wasn't hurting her to get $7mil which is chump change because that's probably what they spent on average in a year, considering the lifestyle they held together. A lying gold digger would have hung in there a lot longer for a bigger payout, or just stayed married to him and spent his money. Like I said earlier, the naysayers are going to continue seeing this situation whatever way they already decided to.

The way I see it, she came out on top and I couldn't be more proud of her as a woman. She got the conversation started, and while Depp isn't going to suffer from this as much as she is, the rest of us know better, and the next time a woman speaks up against DV in Hollywood, the odds in her favor will have increased.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

well said. And while Johnny is still a fan favourite, his reputation isn't as good as it had been. This incident will be pointed it many times in the future to overenthusiastic fans.