Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sam/Mary Appreciation Thread #1: They both wanted normal lives...

All right, sorry it took me long to open this. I thought I'd make banners and stuff first. But then I got so busy at work.

So okay. I was shocked to know that Mary was a hunter, but I actually smiled when I heard Mary say that she wants to escape from all of those. I thought I heard it all before - from Sammy! Mary would rather go away and start a family with John as to Sam went away and had lived with Jessica. How cool that they have similarities even though they weren't able to live together longer.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

YAY! a Sam/Mary thread.

It breaks my heart that they couldn't have their normal. It's all either one of them ever wanted.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that we found out how much these two had in common even though they never really got any time together at all.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Gay, thank you for this!

The fact that Sam & Mary wanted a normal life is so touching and sad. Sam is a lot like the mom he never knew. I badly want her to meet her again longer than he did in Home. Which by the way, that scene is still one of my favorites. That was the first time Sam had ever seen his mom other than in pictures.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That Home scene had Mary saying sorry to Sam. It means so much now that she allowed YED to manipukate her before. If Sam finds out the real story behind the sorry, how do you think Sam will react? Do you think it'll kessen the guilt of knowing that her mother died saving him?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it might Gay. Because if Sam really knew the real story behind YED and Mary and about the deal and all that then it would take away the guilt. He's always blamed himself because he doesn't know the real story
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Great point, Gay! He would probably go easier on himself. He already knows that Mary knew the YED, I think he'll find out the rest of the story this season. I hope because that would make a great episode!

Sam & Mary haven't had much time, I'd love to see more connection between the two.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be a very good episode when Sam finally finds out the entire story on his mom
Old 10-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad Dean filled Sam in on Mary and what went down, but I wouldn't have minded seeing that scene, not just the tail end of it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would also like to see how Sam reacted to Dean telling him that part of the story. And how Sammy would've reacted.

I want another scene of Sam and Mary, even if it's just in dreams. I want them to be able to sit down and talk about everything. I think Mary, wherever she is now, is also blaming herself for what's happening with Sam today. Just like how Sammy blamed himself for his mother's death.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Oh totally. I think a Mary/Sam scene is due. In "What Is" that wasn't really Sam, it was all in Dean's head so Sammy never lived that.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm new on the JP boards and I stumbled onto this thread and I'm so glad it's open. I agree with everything you all said. And I replayed that scene from HOME a few times and it practically killed me. I hope they have an entire episode devoted to Sam and Mary this season.

“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.
Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
jacgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be the best idea ever! It'll be so angsty and so heartfelt. I would want to have an entire episode for both of them.

Nikki is right. It's time for Sam to have some "good conversation" (I dunno how will they be able to do that, but it's a must!).
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

It would be so great. Sam needs a family connection to his past to be able to move on. He wasn't even born when the deal was made, and he was a baby when the YED bled on him. He needs an experience like Dean's had in the past to get it out of his system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacgderon (View Post)
I'm new on the JP boards and I stumbled onto this thread and I'm so glad it's open. I agree with everything you all said. And I replayed that scene from HOME a few times and it practically killed me. I hope they have an entire episode devoted to Sam and Mary this season.
I had in mind to rewatch Home! That Sam/Mary will be soo much better now after the last couple of episodes.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacgderon (View Post)
Welcome