Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Necrophilliacs (Sam App) #11: Because Demon Ray Gun doesn't work on him!

~Welcome to the 11th Sam Winchester appreciation thread~

~The Necrophilliacs~
Wanna have a bit of fun with Sam?
1. Kon-Artist
2. Ocfan27
3. jopace1970
4. xO_tasha
5. meli5
6. ~inside of love~
7. MineyMouse14
8. kbear78
9. sweet_lynn
10. annetta
11. MJordan23
12. Kitty Kat
13. Mary Moo
14. Mei Zhuo
15. angelface211
16. ryllsome
17. Undeniable
18. Mrs EarlCrest
19. Jenkneesuu
20. team mom
21. HalesNLuke
22. CamyWinchester
23. ~Natali~
24. Gay
25. Tahra
26. Ross
27. Jaime
28. Tutor_Girl
29. othfan628
30. ~CountryBumpkin~
31. MissDarkandTwisty
32. Lisa2011
33. Cotton Candy
34. ThePrettySophia
35. TV fan xx
36. Insanitic
37. Purple Nurple
38. Hermione Weasley
39. Crack of Doom
40. ROCKSTAR
41. sweetygirl
42. I_Love_JennaJameson
43. Wynter
44. SmilinStar
45. FunSizeKristy
46. Captain Oatsocute
47. MeiTow
48. NateScottLover
49. allybubba

If you wish to be added, just ask

~Emo Rock~
The songs that remind us of Sam

If you have a song, let us know

~Pervy Pic/s of the Thread~
Because there is so much Sammy goodness

Sam is smoking when he's all evil!

Doesn't everyone want to be that towel??

Last edited by HappySquared; 01-15-2009 at 10:28 AM
Old 11-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh indeed.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateScottLover (View Post)

Oh indeed.
Hehe.

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread. OMG! I love to be that towel!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

For some reason, I believe you.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We'd all love to be that towel. I can believe I'm jealous of a dam towel .
Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated this! I had posted a very long post and it's gone.

As I was saying, the towel was so happy on the right spot.

Jared was amazing on the last episode. Sam is breaking my heart to bits. He tried so hard to obey his brother, he tried so hard to resist using his powers (even though he somehow believes it can work). What else could he have done? Try and wait for Dean and pray to God that he can save him on time? Or what? Sammy is again taking the beating because he used his power. But yeah, what else could they have done?

He acted on an impulse. He acted on what he thought was best AT THAT TIME. I hope Dean comforts him, because Sam is losing his faith. They boy is broken. He thinks he's a freak, he thinks he's useless. It can bring someone's faith in his own self down. What Dean could do right now is be a big brother and comfort his lil bro, not try to parent him.

I could go on forever but I'll save it for the episode discussion.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. Sam went in there not planning on using his powers. He knew that he shouldn't do it and even though he knows that he can control them he still wasn't planning on doing it because it would make Dean mad.
Sam was stuck, he had no other choice. What was he supposed to do just let the demon kill him and then run free. No, he had every right to use his powers and Dean should understand that or Dean shouldn't have stood around he should have helped like he has always done in the past.
Sam is going through so much right now with thinking he's a freak and useless and all that and now with meeting the angels and finding out what they are really about its even worse for him right now and he's all alone. Dean needs to get over himself and the fact that he doesn't like those powers and be there for his brother because it can only get worse for Sam if he has nobody on his side
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Completely Nat1.

I don't blame Dean for worrying about Sam, it's completely human nature. Though, didn't I mention before that desperate times call for desperate measures? That's all I'm asking.

Where's our Sam and Dean Thread?

And Sammy, yes, I understand you completely. If no one else does, I will. my puppy Sam.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Ditto. Sam did what he had to do. Once he lost the knife, he was on his own and there was nothing else he could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
I hated this! I had posted a very long post and it's gone.
I really, really hate when that happens.

I agree with you, Gay. I think Sam is over his head emotionally and now he can't even rely on his faith. It's a bad time for him. Dean needs to comfort him or Sam will keep going down.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 11-02-2008 at 10:36 PM
Old 11-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, so here’s my take…

People wanted Sam to do the right thing (I do, too). He’s in this kind of social control, you know like, Dean and all other people surrounding him wants to bring him back in line with our cultural norms – which is normal, be a hunter, be good. Though, in return Sam can react to it in two different ways – conform or violate. Right now, I see it that he’ll go the latter.

Why did I say so?

A person’s happiness depends on their ability to be able to exist in the world without fear of being hurt. This includes the ability to express yourself in whatever way you want without the fear of being judged for your individual expression. As for Sam, he’s different – yes. He had this demon blood and he thinks he’s a freak. It bothers him that much that he wanted to prove something to Dean (and to the rest of us). He fears he’ll get judged because he had that blood. You know – people judge Ruby just because she’s a demon; Jack, the Rugaru, was judged even before he took his first human bite. People can start judging him just because of that blood. He therefore just took this ability and use it for good.

Tell me now, don’t you, as person, have this tendency to spend our lives trying to fit in, making others happy, and pleasing the people around us so that they accept and love us? Sam sees Dean as his hero and he’s afraid of rejections. He’s afraid that Dean of all people will hate/reject him because he’s “genetically” evil.

Sam therefore can go to violating the norms that we try so hard to impose on him. Without his brother’s guidance, support and love, San can get tired of thinking what other people wants him to be. If he can’t be open to Dean about his feelings/emotions then he can bottle it all up and can push him to an emotional rebellion. If he’s trying so hard not to use the power and then when he did (inadvertently) everyone is against him. No one listens to his explanation – all they say is that – HE WAS GIVEN ORDERS!

Imagine a vase outside your house. If its summer it can get hot and dry, if it’s rainy, it gets wet and maybe gets water inside of it. If a kid throws a stone at it, it can break. Yes, its surroundings affect the vase but can it react? No! Because it is an object, it’s inanimate. Sam is not a vase. If it’s summer he may put on something cotton, if it’s rainy, maybe he’ll put a raincoat on. If someone throws a stone at him, he can react by accepting it, or he can throw the stone back. Sam has emotions, unlike the vase. He’s more fragile if someone doesn’t help him deal with these feelings.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not worthy! AMAZING post, Gay. I mean, wow. Sadly your post offers more insight into Sam than 2 seasons of Supernatural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
He fears he’ll get judged because he had that blood. You know – people judge Ruby just because she’s a demon; Jack, the Rugaru, was judged even before he took his first human bite. People can start judging him just because of that blood. He therefore just took this ability and use it for good.

Tell me now, don’t you, as person, have this tendency to spend our lives trying to fit in, making others happy, and pleasing the people around us so that they accept and love us? Sam sees Dean as his hero and he’s afraid of rejections. He’s afraid that Dean of all people will hate/reject him because he’s “genetically” evil.

Sam therefore can go to violating the norms that we try so hard to impose on him. Without his brother’s guidance, support and love, San can get tired of thinking what other people wants him to be. If he can’t be open to Dean about his feelings/emotions then he can bottle it all up and can push him to an emotional rebellion. If he’s trying so hard not to use the power and then when he did (inadvertently) everyone is against him. No one listens to his explanation – all they say is that – HE WAS GIVEN ORDERS!
SO RIGHT. I hate that people act as if he somehow got the powers on his own. He has spent 4 years trying to get rid of them, not using them even when it meant getting killed by Jake, even when it meant that maybe he could've saved Dean, etc, etc. Give the kid a break, he thought he was doing something good with them, and instead of calmly sitting down, asking him how he feels and why he must stop.......... Like you say, Gay, they just give him orders like he's a computer.

They instead insult him, hit him, threaten him, persecute him, make him feel like crap and when he show signs of rebellion, then they just get that "I guess we'll have to kill you" look in their eyes. Does anyone in the show care about his feelings? Gay, you said it perfectly, he's not a vase! He's a person, he has emotions, feelings...

I don't know why is it part of Sam's character to pretend he's made from rock. He's not. I wish the writers would let us know that the other characters around him realize he's flesh and blood (wherever it came from) and that he can get hurt, and he needs a little pat on the back every once in a while. He's not a robot.

The only people that have been encouraging to Sam have been 2 demons, YED and Ruby, and they were both using him. What is that supposed to mean?

Now I'm mad!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya now I'm mad too. This is crap, this is something that Sam can't avoid. The blood will always be in him and people just expect him to get rid of it. I hate that he gets so judged by everybody they need to give him a chance to see if he can deal on his own
Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Ya now I'm mad too. This is crap, this is something that Sam can't avoid. The blood will always be in him and people just expect him to get rid of it. I hate that he gets so judged by everybody they need to give him a chance to see if he can deal on his own
I felt so sad when he was making the argument on his own behalf in Metamorphosis. He was trying so hard not to cry.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I felt so sad when he was making the argument on his own behalf in Metamorphosis. He was trying so hard not to cry.
Ya you could see that he was forcing himself to be as strong as possible but it looked like he was about to break down