Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Jared's Best Acting Moments

Hi guys!

I haven't seen everything Jared has done, but from what I've seen, he's a good actor. He does drama, action and comedy and does it great!

Some of his best dramatic moments obviously come from Supernatural, especially in S2. He really did an awesome job in In My Time of Dying. His delivery of "Why are you saying this to me?" in Everybody loves a Clown breaks my heart.

When Dean punches him Bloodlust makes me cry. That whole reaction is beautifully done. He's surprised, sad and about to cry it seems, but he stays put.

Houses of the Holy is amazing. He goes through such inner turnmoil dealing with his faith. All Hell breaks loose, the dying is ridiculous. When he flops and his face going blank? Just so eerie.

Bad Day at Black Rock is great because he gets to make Sam funny. "I lost my shoe," anyone? Mystery Spot is amazing. He laughs, he cries, he goes crazy, etc, etc. I don't even have to mention No Rest for the Wicked.

Not to mention how scary he can be, aka, BUABS. Poor Jo!

On the dramedy front I think he was seriously underrated as Dean Forester in Gilmore Girls. He was young, not that experienced and to me, he was great. One scene that always stands out in S1 is when he's knocking on Rory's window and Lorelai answers. He knows he's in hot water for falling asleep and Rory not making it home till morning, and the exchange with Lorelai is wonderful.

In S2 he stands up to Richard...

Richard: "So you like my granddaugter quite a bit..."
Dean: "No, I love your granddaughter quite a bit."

Loved it!

In House of Wax when he's getting waxed alive. Ahhhhh, totally heartbreaking. He's trying to scream but can't, then the tears coming out his eyes as he's about to go into shock and there's nothing he can do.

If there's one thing the guy is really good at, is making me cry!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw Nikki I love and agree with that you posted. I'll think of my own list and get back here. Yeah, most of his dramatic stuff came from SPN, he's just grown so much as an actor in SPN.

Thank you so much for this thread.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I loved everything that was said.

I think that he's underestimated as an actor for the fact that SPN isn't the most popular. Hopefully his new movies will get him more recognition for his anazingness
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love this idea!

I'm going to put some thought into it and come back with a couple of my fave acting moments.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Sure, guys!

Yes. I think that JP is terribly underrated as well. He's had some amazing scenes in different situations and genres.

In Supernatural S1, when Sam fights with John. Total chills.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow, I have a tough time watching that HOW scene even now, its so heartbreaking! He did amazing in that scene
Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I've been thinking and Fresh Blood just stood out for me. When Sam was saying that Dean was afraid and he knew it. I got goosebumps and then tears just wanted to escape my eyes. Jared did a very impressive job in playing the afraid, emotionally attached brother in Supernatural.

ETA:
Just because I wanna make a statement:

Sam: Drop the attitude, Dean. Quit turning everything into a punchline. And you know something else? Stop trying to act like you're not afraid.
Dean: I'm not!
Sam: You're lying! And you may as well drop it cause I can see right through you.
Dean: You got no idea what you're talking about.
Sam: Yeah, I do. You're scared Dean. You're scared because your year is running out and you're still going to hell, and you're freaked.
Dean: And how do you know that?
Sam: Because I know you!
Dean: Really?
Sam: Yeah because I've been following you around my entire life! I mean I've been looking up to you since I was four, Dean. Studying you, trying to be just like my big brother. So yeah, I know you. Better than anyone else in the entire world. And this.. Is exactly how you act when you're terrified. And I mean I can't blame you. It's just...
Dean: What?
Sam: It's just I wish you would drop the show and be my brother again. Cause.. just cause.

See? It tears me up. I'll squueze my brains out again... I love everything on Jared's acting so it's pretty hard to dissect all.

Last edited by HappySquared; 06-21-2008 at 05:08 PM
Old 06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Ahhh! Such a great scene! That dialogue you posted is pretty powerful. Jared's voice changes in that scene and all he says has that extra edge to it. Like he's about to scream or breakdown at any second.

He's a natural type of actor and he plays angry or hurt, it's amazing. He can manipulate feelings with just a change of tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
Oh wow, I have a tough time watching that HOW scene even now, its so heartbreaking! He did amazing in that scene
Yes. Me too. I watched it the other day and it was even more painful after it sinks it. He did so good.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa and Gay both amazing Jared scenes. Both rank high on my list.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

I've been rewatching season two and I'm just starting to realize how hard some of his scenes must be. He has to cry on cue and scream and be in pain! He is really really impressing me with his ability to just pull emotions out of a hat and preform them at the level where you start to think it's real.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Correct Kelli He's a very versatile actor, I must say. I actually did watch him grow as an actor (unknowingly) but then looking back at all the performances I've seen him, it's like he's climbing a ladder and he's doing it so carefully one at a time. It's awesome.

I also love his performance in HOW. What I do love on his acting there was then he was already waxed and he can't move and all you can see is the panic in his eyes and you'll feel the torture he's in.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Wow Nikki, you have come up with some very great insights, nice OP

I must admit I am not very familiar with a lot of Jareds early work, I've seen H.O.W and N.Y.M but nothing else prior to SPN, I defiinately want to all his upcoming projects. Jared has grown tremendously as an actor, the way he now portrays Sam is amazing, he has hooked me in, all of the expressions are very believable especially the emotional parts crying and such, hands down to Jared for a terrific job, no doubt that S4 is gonna take his acting abilities even further
Old 06-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you! I love discussing acting for some reason. Hee!

I agree. He shines when his character is emotional. Sam especially because Sam plays in so many different ways. Sam can be profoundly secretive, but he can have an outburst at any time.

In early S1 he was more of the mysterious, keep it inside kind of guy. So Jared certainly played to that part of Sam, but once the demon is close and John appears, he starts cracking. Emotion gets a hold of him, he's screaming, he's all over the place. And Jared played that so well. Ahhh, it's amazing to watch.

Jared did a really good job in "Asylum" when he was posessed and 'shoots' Dean. Then at the end saying he didn't mean any of it, he looks so embarrassed and frustrated with what he did.

Like Gay, I think he has grown too. I never thought he was bad, just that now he's molding himself and everything sounds about right, every movement in place, his body moves so well. I love when Sam talks with his hands when he's angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineyMouse14 (View Post)
I've been rewatching season two and I'm just starting to realize how hard some of his scenes must be. He has to cry on cue and scream and be in pain! He is really really impressing me with his ability to just pull emotions out of a hat and preform them at the level where you start to think it's real.
So much word!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Like Gay, I think he has grown too. I never thought he was bad, just that now he's molding himself and everything sounds about right, every movement in place, his body moves so well. I love when Sam talks with his hands when he's angry.
Could not have said it better myself, great observations.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Aw! Thank you, Bee!

I rewatched "NRFTW" last week and I have to say, the guy hit it out of the park. They all did.