Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jared in 4.04 - "Metamorphosis" SPN Episode Discussion Thread

Metamorphosis
Thursday TheCW 9/8c

Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) discover that Jack Montgomery (guest star Dameon Clark), a family man, is turning into a Rugaru, a creature that starts as a human but changes into a flesh-eating monster.

The people who are infected don't understand what is happening until they turn into cannibals and eat another person. Understanding what it is like to be a victim of a twisted destiny, Sam believes he can reason with Jack and convince him to control his urges.

Dean doesn't think Jack's animalistic behavior can be subdued and decides the only honorable thing to do is to shoot him.

Kim Manners directed the episode written by Cathryn Humphris.

HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I posted it early since we don't have much to talk about the last episode since Sam just appeared 40 seconds on it.

I'm wondering how will they do this when the last episode had... to be continued... and this episode was supposedly before the In The Beginning.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Dean doesn't think Jack's animalistic behavior can be subdued and decides the only honorable thing to do is to shoot him.
Very interesting, since Dean is the first one to say you can fight your destiny, how many times has he said that to Sam? Maybe it's the reason they changed the order, because it would follow better after ITB instead of in front of it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is really interesting. I can't wait to see it. Dean really has always been the one to say you can fight your destiny so I can't wait to see how this one goes
Old 10-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

He was pretty much told he can't change destiny but I don't see that stopping him from trying to save Sam, if anything I think it will motivate him more. Because it doesn't seem to be Sam's 'destiny' if Dean was giving a chance to save him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And it's interesting that they would have opposing ideas on how to deal with the Rugaru. Though isn't this kinda the same as "Heart"?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya it is kind of the same Gay, which is why I can't wait to see how they will deal with this
Old 10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now please refresh my memory... what were their sides before?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I absolutely can't wait for this.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow This episode was amazing. Left me speechless.
There were a lot of great moments, I loved the brother moments even though they were fighting. I'm glad that Dean finally found out about Sam and Ruby and I knew that he would be pissed but it just killed me to see him just walk away from Sammy that was worse than him staying and yelling. I was really scared that Dean would actually leave Sam but I'm glad he didn't. I can't believe that he actually punched him even though a part of me thinks Sam kind of deserved it just for lying. You could just see how hurt that Dean was to find out that Sam was lying. It was good to see Sam defend himself about the reasons he was doing things. I'm glad to finally have an explanation and it makes sense now. Sam is just scared, he doesn't know what to do with this evil inside him. He knows that he can never get rid of it so he's trying to turn this curse around and make it into something good which is totally understandable.
I felt bad for Sammy when he had to kill Jake because he wanted so bad to be able to save him to prove to Dean just because there is something evil inside of you doesn't mean you have to succumb to it. I think that's why he is giving up using his powers just to prove that he can. That no matter the demon blood or evil inside him that he still has power over himself and it is ultimately his decision.
I'm really excited to see what happens next, because I'm sure there will be some tension between the brothers because they both laid a lot out there and now they are going to have to deal with.
Overall very awesome episode. Loved every minute of it.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

(taken from my Lj with all the non-jared/sam parts taken out. )

Poor Dean *sobs* the only thing he has ever had true faith in, has been Sam, then to see with his own eyes that Sammy betrayed him, lied to his face when he was asked point blank if he was using his powers and working with Ruby. Poor poor Dean.

Dean was going to leave Sam! \0/ (sorry I just think Sam needs some tough love right now before it's to late)...but of course he couldn't leave those puppy eyes. \0/ Which almost saddens me, here he just finds out Sam has been lying to him, and he still doesn't keep anything close to his chest, just spills it all out to Sam (well except the demon blood) and then he finds out Sam lied to him before. Now don't get me wrong, I do understand why Sam doesn't run and tell Dean everything, he thinks he's a freak, and Dean is everything to him, this huge hero he has set so high on a pedistal that if Dean ever falls off, he's going to break his neck, he doesn't want to tarnish the way Dean sees him, but SAM! HELLO! you are doing just that! Trust him, Dean will love you no matter what, YOU come first! ALWAYS! and Dean's going to fight heaven and hell to save you, just trust him. Don't keep hurting him, please! There is only so many times that man can break before there is no putting him back together again, and the only person with all that power is YOU! He'll save you Sam, you'll save each other.

When did Dean and Sam start depressing me so much?

,,,anyway back to that scene, FANTASTIC acting on Jared's part the reaction Sam had when Dean said that 'God' doesn't want him doing this, wow that hit Sam hard and Jared played it perfectly!! I LOVE that moment. Actually Jared was awesome all the way through in this episode, he really knows how to do 'broken' so well.

Over all didn't care for the storyline, nice and gross but that was about all.

And as much as I want to trust Sam, I'm not buying his, not using his powers anymore, I think seeing Jack lose the battle and not be able to fight what was inside him, is just one more shove for Sam to say screw it, he can't be saved so why fight it. I really hope I'm wrong though.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope your wrong on that last point too Bee. I don't think I can watch Sam lose faith in himself. He has to keep fighting, he knows he's better than that and that no matter what he will have Dean to back him up as long as he goes to Dean with the truth
Old 10-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. Reminded me so much of season 1, which I miss, and/or the beginning of season 2.

Everyone knows I don't try and over analyze the episodes too much (although I love reading everyone else's over analyzations. ). I just wanted to say that I was really happy about this episode because it was a nice throwback to what the show started out as, two brothers kicking the butt of that creepy fantasy world we live in.
MeiTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode a lot.

What. A. Heatbreaker!

I loved Sam. I like that he is so lost and so lonely because he should be. He never had a chance, Mary's deal sealed his fate (he doesn't know that yet I think), then everyone he loves keeps dying because of it.

I felt so bad for Dean having to find out about Sam's secret life like that. But dude, stop hitting him, He got it out of his system and I hope that was the last of that. Sam took it, he let you have it, so I think that was enough to show us how horrible Dean felt.

Sam has issues too. Issues Dean can't do anything about, and since he can't comfort his brother or even help him, I'd say he not make it worse by making Sam feel he can't even talk to him.

I don't know which one is more powerless, Dean or Sam. I hate to see them growing apart, but at least they talked and fought about things already.

This is depressing but needed in the interest of storytelling. I can't wait to see how Kripke solves all this.

The guys totally ROCKED the performances. I was glued to my bed just in awe of them.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)

I loved Sam. I like that he is so lost and so lonely because he should be. He never had a chance, Mary's deal sealed his fate (he doesn't know that yet I think), then everyone he loves keeps dying because of it.

Sam has issues too. Issues Dean can't do anything about, and since he can't comfort his brother or even help him, I'd say he not make it worse by making Sam feel he can't even talk to him.

I totally agree. Mary's deal set him up for this. No matter what Sam or Dean nothing could change what was already inside him. Ya he can not use his powers but the fact that they are there and that there is demon blood in him will forever change Sam and there is nothing that Dean can do about it.

Sam has so many issues and you can see that Dean wants to understand and help but most of all he just wants Sam to not use his powers and if Sam does Dean will not even try to understand because he hates that he can do things with his mind. You can tell that it always scared Dean what Sam could do so he would rather just pretend that it doesn't exsist and that is something that Sam could never do.