Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
For NBC, I certainly understand the challenge of creating a business model around a show which arrived precisely as the audience was finding new ways to watch traditional content on multiple screens
Read: "The old farts don't have any idea how to get off the dinosaur that is the old rating system that has been obsolete since the late 1960's!"

Quote:
I personally have had 12 great years with my friends at NBC, and with ‘Heroes,’ they provided me a rare opportunity to put a message of hope, interconnectivity and global consciousness into the world. For that I am grateful and look forward to finalizing our discussion about a number of ways to keep the ‘Heroes’ universe alive for its fans.”
Read: "I'm trying to get them to cough up enough money to make the TV movie worth doing, & I want at least 4 hours, damn it!"

He's also thinking: "None of this is my fault! I'm a freaking genius!"
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

yea

jack's blog post
The H.R.G. Files, Heroes TV Show, Heroes News, Heroes Blog | TWoP - So This Is Goodbye
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I believe the intention to make the movie is there, but there are so many moving parts. Once there is an approved script, they will have to wrangle the cast from far-flung corners of the globe, make deals with everyone and free up those who are under contract to other shows, movies or plays. No one is under contract to Heroes anymore, so no one is obligated. This seems to be a recipe for disintegration. But I would be happy to be wrong.
I'm afraid I have to agree.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/0v8wuj - Uploaded by kennfuller

With the sets being taken apart (see above link) and the cast not under contract the movie happening is slim to none.

It would be very costly at this point to do a movie. I almost think it would be easier to do a mini season.

I remember when Las Vegas ended after the writers strike. Everyone talked doing a movie to wrap things up. The actors were on contract still until mid-June. No episodes were made. No movie was done. We even did a huge baby booties campaign. It didn't help at all.

Bottom line. NBC JUST DOESN'T CARE

- Mel
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Many of the cast members may wish to do it but not have the time. I've got to say that the history of follow ups aren't very good. The Pretender & Alien Nation got their follow ups on cable (TNT & Sci Fi respectively) I don't see NBC letting that happen (it may well be that one reason they waited so long is so Kring couldn't shop the show around like CBS picking up Medium last year). A theatrical release like Firefly/Serenity? Despite the fan following of Heroes, Kring dosen't have the clout of Joss Weadon, although it actually seems more likely than a TV movie right now. It would be years down the line anyway. Maybe a decade or so down the line someone will do a reboot of it (like Battlestar Galactica, V, Doctor Who, etc.) but that would mean a] waiting, b] a whole new cast, or at least none the their original roles (like the original Apollo playing that evil politician on the new one) c] they don't always work (remember the Bionic Woman?). I'm afraid the ship has sailed, the best we can hope for is the cast will do an occasional convention while promoting other projects & talk about the past a little. Maybe some of them will do other things together (anyone want to see Masi do Glee? ). We will see, maybe books will keep going, other shows have that, I don't know. Sorry to be such a downer but I'm not in denial I've moved on to acceptance. We always have fan fiction.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Jack Coleman and DH Lawrence are the only honest ones about the movie talk. They say it's probably not going to happen.
dizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Greg Grunberg Talks About Potential Two Hour Movie
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

JamesProps

Photos from the heroes set. Well taking it apart actually.

- Mel
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

this is funny as kinda makes me cry too

YouTube - CANCELLED HEROES SONG (Music Video) @BlackNerdComedy
The Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Lmao Xddd
dizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

aw no! not my heroes! i hope you guys still come online here every once and a while
"twas not my lips you kissed but my soul"
loveloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

No onе's ever had me, not like you
Shadow Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Heroes ended its season last February with the indestructible Claire (Hayden Panettiere) throwing herself from the top of a Ferris wheel in front of the media, revealing her superpower to the world. Should the axed series return with a wrap-up miniseries—that's creator Tim Kring's hope, and he says he's meeting with NBC this month to discuss it — the plot will skip ahead a year or so to see the effect of Claire's revelation.

"There will be a huge cultural and social change in the world," says Kring. "Some [of our characters] will be hiding, some struggling, some basking in the glory."

Claire, who desperately wanted a normal life, will become a reluctant spokesperson for the abnormals. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) will again struggle with his dark side. And Adrian Pasdar will likely return, though not as Nathan, who died.

Kring is confident he can lure back his entire cast if he gets a green light. (NBC refused to comment.)

"I've spoken with everyone," says Kring. "They're all eager to participate."
Is There Power Left in Heroes? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol I need Milo/Peter to lure me back, not this Sylar show again. obviously - doesn't work well.

need good old fashioned Heroes back!

Last edited by BL.Arinna_1982; 06-01-2010 at 10:50 PM
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think there's a good chance now that there could be a Heroes miniseries finale!

Now I wonder if Joss Whedon needs a writing project?