Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2021, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1988 version is fine.... I read that they used a red inflatable in some scenes...lol
Old 10-09-2021, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's good, Dave.

Well, they used a type of gel that's normally used in milkshakes, Dave. They also used a lot of prosthetics and stuff.

Shawnee Smith and Kevin Dillon are in the 1988 version.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no idea who they are...but yea...I read all the info on ImdB before I made the list...lol
Old 10-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. Kevin Dillon is the younger brother of actor Matt Dillon. Kevin Dillon was in Platoon in a supporting role, and he was also on the HBO series Entourage. Matt Dillon was in 80s movies like The Outsiders, My Bodyguard, Rumble Fish, etc., and he was also in There's Something About Mary with Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz.

Shawnee Smith was in the 80s high school comedy Summer School and she was later in the Saw movies.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow...thanks for all that info

OK...I'm almost out for the night...I know you have lots to do before bed like replying to Dragonfire
I wrote this on the Borgias post count thread
Quote:
Arinna wants her board to be great and I want Heroes to be great.... and you make both great... so we get "insistent"

Have a good sleep and a great day at work tomorrow
Old 10-09-2021, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Dave. I watched a lot of movies back in the 80s and 90s.

Wow, thanks for that, Dave.

Okay, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow for Sunday Night Football! I hope you also have a good church service if you're going tomorrow.

You have a good night's sleep and a great day tomorrow too! Goodnight!
Old 10-09-2021, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
No problem, dragonfire. I'll reply to you soon.
Thanks. Thanks.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Matt Dillon is fine in The Outsiders
Old 10-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Matt Dillon is fine in The Outsiders
You saw The Outsiders, Alison? I liked that movie, but the original release in the 1980s cut out the entire ending. I'm glad the DVD and Blu Ray rerelease put back the ending.

Okay, dragonfire, I'm gonna reply to you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex. Good, no problem. Thanks.

Yep. Yep. If they team up then yep. Well,
Spoiler:

Thanks again.

Ok, but if it happens you can't say I didn't warn you. Well, I believe he had to after Cole&Lili broke up.

True, but so is Jughead.

Yes, let's see some Beggie. Oh, I got a feeling Blen will return.

Yes, and she's the way she is by her upbringing by her family which includes Nana Rose.

Maybe. Maybe? Well,
Spoiler:

True. I do wonder though if there's more to the story that Nana Rose left out?

Something like the ancestors did it not because of the rare metal but because Abigail Blossom was secretly evil, and her school was like the first Sisters Of Quiet Mercy?

I mean for one when it comes to the Jones Men outside of Charles being a serial killer, and their addiction to alcohol they're usually doing something for the right reasons.

I see. I see.

Sorry, but I can't help it.

Spoiler:

Yep. True, but at least Hiram didn't put it under the toilet.

Oh, it's funny you mentioned Casper because when I was in Dollar General the day I bought the Spider-Man trilogy, I saw two different DVD covers for Casper 95.

The one that stood out the most was the one with Casper on it, and when I moved the DVD case it looked like Casper was flying back, and forth.

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.
You saw BTS pics of the new season with Sabrina and Jughead? So do you really think they'd pull something like that right when he just got with Tabitha?

Yeah, but remember that in the very first episode of Riverdale, it was Kevin who said that Archie and Betty were inevitable endgame, so perhaps RAS was setting that up from the beginning all along? Remember, Cole and Lili weren't dating yet when RAS first wrote the pilot and came up with the storyline.

No. No Beggie, and no Blen. I think Betty has made up her mind about Glen.

You're right, Tabitha spent more time with Betty than Veronica, although I don't know why Tabitha would even have many scenes with Veronica, as their storylines barely intersect.

Yeah, you have a point there. I do think that to a certain extent they just throw things against a wall and see what sticks, but I also think RAS had an idea as to where everything was gonna go, just no idea how to get there.

Oh, I think there's a lot of reasons why Cheryl is so messed up.

Oh, so Jabitha is taking over the show, huh? I think Barchie is as well.

I think we'll learn more about Abigail and Nana Rose in the next season, especially if Sabrina is coming soon. I think this finale set up next season.

I know you can't help it.

Okay, that's cool. At least we won't have to wait too long for Sabrina. I'm also sure that Betty and Archie will appear in the first five episodes. They're not gonna leave the audience hanging like that after that cliffhanger.

Under the toilet? That's Lethal Weapon 2.

Cool Casper DVD cover. Well, I hope you can join us for the Casper watch, then.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 10-09-2021, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I saw it for the first time 3 and a half years ago and liked it
Old 10-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome! I'm glad your first time watching it was the complete version.

The original release ended the movie after Dally died, and then they went right to Ponyboy reading Johnny's letter to him, and then Ponyboy writing his own short story for his school project. I was like, "where's the rest of the story from the book?" I read the book before I saw the movie. I think the studio wanted Francis Ford Coppola to cut down the running length of the movie, and I'm glad that he was able to put back the ending of the movie in the DVD release.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually don’t think I have

what happens?

still need to read the book
Old 10-10-2021, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Okay, dragonfire, I'm gonna reply to you now.

You saw BTS pics of the new season with Sabrina and Jughead? So do you really think they'd pull something like that right when he just got with Tabitha?

Yeah, but remember that in the very first episode of Riverdale, it was Kevin who said that Archie and Betty were inevitable endgame, so perhaps RAS was setting that up from the beginning all along? Remember, Cole and Lili weren't dating yet when RAS first wrote the pilot and came up with the storyline.

No. No Beggie, and no Blen. I think Betty has made up her mind about Glen.

You're right, Tabitha spent more time with Betty than Veronica, although I don't know why Tabitha would even have many scenes with Veronica, as their storylines barely intersect.

Yeah, you have a point there. I do think that to a certain extent they just throw things against a wall and see what sticks, but I also think RAS had an idea as to where everything was gonna go, just no idea how to get there.

Oh, I think there's a lot of reasons why Cheryl is so messed up.

Oh, so Jabitha is taking over the show, huh? I think Barchie is as well.

I think we'll learn more about Abigail and Nana Rose in the next season, especially if Sabrina is coming soon. I think this finale set up next season.

I know you can't help it.

Okay, that's cool. At least we won't have to wait too long for Sabrina. I'm also sure that Betty and Archie will appear in the first five episodes. They're not gonna leave the audience hanging like that after that cliffhanger.

Under the toilet? That's Lethal Weapon 2.

Cool Casper DVD cover. Well, I hope you can join us for the Casper watch, then.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Thanks. Also sorry for the long post below. I think I make my posts as long as a Snyder uncut movie.

Spoiler:

I know Kevin said that but if the show hadn't been renewed the show was gonna end with Jughead moving in with the Coopers as a Bughead happy ending endgame.

I think it was Lili who first revealed about the alternate ending. Like when they didn't know if the show would get a S2, or not, and if not RAS&co rushed, and filmed an alternate ending that had the Coopers letting Jughead move in with them.

Now, while they did that to give Jughead/Betty/Bughead happy ending, they didn't do that for the other characters, so if the show hadn't been renewed Archie, Veronica, etc. etc. would've been left up in the air.

I know that but there's an interview where he says Bughead was planned from the beginning even though it's not true.

Oh, I could see Beggie happening. Something like Archie gets jelly of Veggie (He's gonna get jelly. He got jelly of Chad/Veronica, and would he even be with Betty if Veronica hadn't broken up with him?)

Anyway, Archie gets jelly, he lets Veronica knows about it, they hook up, they break up with Betty&Reggie, and so for revenge Beggie happens.

Also when you asked me about why Varchie endgame, and I said because RAS loves Varchie. Here's another reason the CW.

Example when it came to the S5 character posters, they paired Archie's with Veronica's, and saved theirs for last.

Also they paired Jughead's with Tabitha's which theirs were the first ones posted, then came Kevin/Fangs posters, Cheryl/Toni posters, etc. etc.

As for Blen? I don't know about that, and with her working at the F.B.I. again that could be a hint/clue that Blen will return.

I didn't say Betty, I said Jughead, and Tabitha mostly interacted with Betty because of Jughead.

Even when Tabitha, and Betty had their team-ups it felt like the show was just using it as filler before they had Jughead returned to wrapped up the mystery.

I know, but that's my point about
Spoiler:

I think RAS went to the George Lucas of storytelling school.

True.

Yep, we went from Bugheaddale, to Jabithadale. I don't know about that.

It did set up next season but I wouldn't be surprise if the Abigail stuff lasts until the five episode event is over.

Then maybe Cheryl goes back to doing what she did before, and they have her get back with Toni, etc. etc.

Also after it's over I imagine more of the Betty vs the TBK story, and maybe Jabitha vs Mr. Tate story with Mr. Tate as the new big bad villain which would match S2 main villains.

S2 villains were the Black Hood, and Hiram so S6 main villains can be the TBK, and Mr. Tate as the new Black Hood, and new Hiram.

Yep.

Yep. But what if they do?

I know.

Yep. Thanks.

No problem. Good, and thanks.

I hope everyone is ok, and good day as well.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Sunday guys
Old 10-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave! Happy Sunday! How was your day? Did you go to church?

I'm sorry about the Browns losing, Dave. But they put up a good fight. They were leading most of the game, but the Chargers just managed to score in the final minutes.

The Bills-Chiefs game is on now. Chiefs are up 0-3.

Hi, dragonfire! Okay, I'll reply to you as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I actually don’t think I have

what happens?

still need to read the book

Are you sure, Alison? In the complete DVD version they have the trial that takes place after Johnny and Dally's deaths, where Sherrie and Randy testify on behalf of Ponyboy and Johnny as to what really happened when Bob was killed, and the court finds Ponyboy not guilty of participating in manslaughter. But after the trial, Sherrie and Ponyboy see each other, but she doesn't talk to him and walks away. Then there's a final scene in the park where Ponyboy, Darry, and Sodapop resolve their differences and agree to be a family again. Afterwards, that's when Ponyboy reads Johnny's letter to him and then begins to write his own story down.