Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my goodness that is a gorgeous photo shoot. Thanks for posting.

This is old but awwww.

Quote:
SI.com: Is there anyone on the show you would've liked to have worked with more?
Gilford: I've gotten to work with pretty much everyone, but I've never had a single line of dialogue with Minka Kelly, the girl who plays Lyla.
SI.com: Oh, we know who she is around here.
Gilford: [Laughing.] Yeah, I know you guys like her. Minka and I are good friends outside of work but we've never exchanged a line. We're always joking around, trying to come up with storylines that would connect us, but it's never happened.
SI.com: Well, since you brought her up, I told my readers I'd ask if Minka is as hot in person as she is on TV?
Gilford: I think more so.
I can't believe they never had a scene. Now it's over and they never will. Lyla even had a scene with Smash and Landry but never Matt.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz1TCD1q2QH

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-26-2011 at 12:57 AM
Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Right? They're just so gorgeous together.

Aww yeah, that's a cute interview. I love how he talks about her. They should have put a random scene in with them two. She did cheer for his team, it wouldn't have been impossible.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

They really could have just put in a random scene. Looking back I realize how isolated Lyla was. It wasn't impossible.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she didn't interact a whole lot with other characters beside Jason and Tim.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

She really didn't. Now that I think about it I would have rather Lyla kept cheering since she loved it so much in the beginning. I would have enjoyed it more so than the born again storyline. Which I didn't hate but it had her so isolated. But Lyla needed the change.

She interacted with Tyra sometimes, had one scene with Smash (where she even called him out on how he never talked to her), she had one scene with Landry where she helped him, two scenes with Julie, but the bulk were with Jason and Tim.

A Matt and Lyla friendship could have been really sweet. I have even seen Matt/Lyla fan fics. Which surprised me alittle bit. Never read them though.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Extreme Fan

^ICA. I think Lyla needed more friends on the show, it would've been nice to see her strike up a friendship with Matt especially given that they both have such a gentle nature.

Although Matt and Lyla totally would have been my crack ship

And that interview Zach gave is super cute
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

They would have been my crack ship too. Just like Tim/Julie.

Matt/Lyla would have been so adorable.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it would've been cool to see Lyla have a friendship with someone. She could have really used a friend to talk to and have fun with. Matt would've been a perfect friend.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Matt definitely would have been the perfect person. He was understanding and loyal. Though maybe they didn't do it because they didn't want it to be interpreted as another possible romantic relationship for Lyla. Outside of Julie, Lyla is the only girl I could have seen Matt with. Carlotta/Matt did not work and I can't remember that other chick he dated.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I can see that point. You do rarely see a girl/guy friendship that doesn't ever turn into something more. Still would've been cool though.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

It really would have been cool. Wasted opportunity.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Or, even later in the series they could've had Lyla/Tim/Matt/Julie all hang out. That would've given them some dialogue at least.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

That would have been fun seeing them all together. We definitely could have gotten a Lyla/Matt scene. If anything maybe to talk about their futures. Since Lyla/Matt were in the same situation. The person they loved was staying in Texas. While they knew they had to leave.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Ah yes, that would've been an interesting scene. And I think they both felt guilty about moving on and leaving them behind. I guess, Matt felt like that more, but Lyla was torn.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

IMO, Matt had more holding him back. It was his grandma and also Julie. Also Julie and Tim handled things differently when it came to the person they loved leaving. Yeah, Tim didn't want Lyla to leave but he knew it was best for her. Also I do think Lyla was more ready to leave no matter how much she loved Tim. With Matt it took more time for him to realize that he needed to leave Dillon.