Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Patrick News Thread #16 - We can't wait to see Patrick moving on to greater and better things after Grey's!

Welcome to the 16th
Patrick News Thread !

LATEST NEWS

PD has a 3rd cologne called 'Legacy'
Old 08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I NEVER notice when it's time for a new one!

-----------

PD on Letterman ('91)

Paddy

Old 08-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know that's why you have me around

Did you see 24 lurkers sofar wish they come and post with us
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Patrick Dempsey le pilote

Google translation:
Quote:
MONTREAL - Actor Patrick Dempsey is in Montreal this weekend. Not a film but to drive a car from the Grand-Am Rolex.

He who is the star of the popular series "Grey's Anatomy" based its stable with Joe Foster in recent years.

"When I was little, my father was a big fan of motor racing. He even was part of a team. I think that's where it all began, Dempsey told in exclusive interview with the Agency QMI. Now I have the chance to compete in a series of high level and I am very fortunate to do so."

Dempsey made a dream start his own team. "It was a long process, he said. We started in other series, but thanks to a partnership with Mazda, we were able to get our team in Grand-Am Rolex. "

Patrick Dempsey is not afraid to get hurt on the track. "It is true that it can be dangerous, but we are careful when we are in the race. I know there are risks, but it's better not to think about. "

Despite his hectic schedule, he should miss a test of the Grand-Am Rolex Series this season. "It's hard to find time to train properly, he admitted. I have more time, I have more time to analyze the car. This is important because there are several excellent pilots. "

The Grand-Am Rolex Series is only played on road course, to the delight of Dempsey. "I did some races on ovals, but I definitely more testing on road courses," he said.

In addition, he also loves racing long. He has already participated in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1999 and this year he took part in the 24 Hours of Daytona. Moreover, he would soon return to Le Mans to repeat an experience he enjoyed.

"I feel at home"

Although he grew up in Lewiston, Maine, he never had the opportunity to attend a race in Montreal soil. However, it has an attachment to Montreal.

"In Lewiston, there are many French-Canadians. That's why I feel at home when I come here. "This is his second appearance on the track circuit Gilles-Villeneuve. In 2008, Dempsey and its drivers Joe Foster, James Ford and Dane Cameron had managed to secure two top ten with both cars.

"I came here a few years ago, but also in Three Rivers, another great motor sport event, he was remembered. I remember all the history surrounding Gilles Villeneuve and his museum in Berthierville. "

Demspey love coming to Montreal, especially for its race fans. "People are passionate and my team is very pleased to be here and to participate in this event because of that, he praised. The crowd is amazing and the city is fantastic. "

During his career, he came several times in the metropolis to make films. Its commitment towards Montreal is palpable in several respects. "I always loved Montreal for its small European side with its restaurants and its population is very welcoming."

Easily

Despite its status as an international star, Patrick Dempsey is a person advocating simplicity, according to his spokesman, Sall Adams. "It does not have a bodyguard because he does not want, he said. He wants to remain accessible to his admirers. In Montreal, he can do that, but not when it is in Los Angeles. "

In the presence of the journalist of the Agency QMI, Dempsey did not hesitate to sign more autographs and pose for a picture with many admirers.

Paddy

Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

he looks happy to be there

I can sort of see him fading from hollywood after GA to do other stuff
Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Eve

I wished that his father could see how good he can autoracing en that he has a team with his neam.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Awww, yeah I wish that too
I remember in one of the blogs he wrote during Le Mans in '09, he said he was thinking about his dad and that he thinks he would be proud of him!
It was so sweet of him to share that thought with us in his blog!

Paddy

Old 08-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_ (View Post)
Awww, yeah I wish that too
I remember in one of the blogs he wrote during Le Mans in '09, he said he was thinking about his dad and that he thinks he would be proud of him!
It was so sweet of him to share that thought with us in his blog!
He did gosh that makes my cry now awwww Patrick love you so much
Old 08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Patrick interview with Portland Magazine

Cover

Interview

Read whole interview here!!!

---------------

Patrick scan from TvGuide

(Thanks to lavender_indigo on Twitter)

Paddy

Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow thanks for all the stuff

That last pic with Zola is soooo cute why didn't they give Derek not earlier a child I bet Grey's would have break all viewers records.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Portland Magazine sneak peek

--------

Italian interview

Google translation:
Quote:
Patrick Dempsey: "So I won dyslexia"

"I have saved the books, stories and sing lullabies to my three children," says the American actor. What "A" shares his B-side: romantic

Everyone says that is a beautiful car racing fanatic (he owns seven), in fact it is also a pilot, but says Patrick Dempsey , 45 years and some wire blond / white tufts that made ​​him the most beloved television surgeon: "Often they prefer two wheels to four. In fact I am a professional cyclist and not a day that I face downhill and then climb the hill in Bel Air. My bike is a gem, weighing only six pounds, is a Tarmac. And when I pedal by nature I am Superman. Nothing keeps the senses alive as going on two wheels. I recommend this sport to all women: it is preferable to any diet. I have no doubt that my true strength is the bike. "

In addition, of course, had three children by Jillian Dempsey, the beautiful wife whom he married in 1999 and gave him Tallulah, "my best girlfriend of the female gender", and twin boys, Sullivan and Darby. This summer, the actor has dominated for collections with Transformers 3, where, as in life, is a collector of cars ("A man with dark aspects, if not evil, my hand: I am a romantic"), but also gained a share of different audiences with the film Flypaper - The rules of cheating (in Italian cinemas from 26 August), who co-produced.

The speed and the like dreams in life?

"Yes, even if they are acquired later. I had dyslexia in his early youth, I have overcome thanks to the love for literature and drama, and I pursued my dreams. Changes speed and tone the mind, and after forty years I like to experiment with many aspects of my job as an actor.

He had a first marriage with a woman far more adult than him. She was 25 years older, was his manager and mother of one of his best friends. Why that choice?
"I was like the protagonist of The Graduate, a film that had a big impact on my training. That bond helped me grow, I became a trapeze artist of emotions. I never said I love the trapeze, and magic? ".

No. Can you tell us...

"Clowns have always fascinated me, I followed courses in clowning, magic and" trapezoid ". Learn practical magic is like living in sliding wall, where do you think you hide behind the so-called wonders "sliding doors". I like the sense of wonder, one of my favorite pastimes is to read fantasy stories and bring my children to the circus. Or see them animated film, Disney all the masterpieces of the past. "

He is the perfect family man.
"We live in difficult times and I think it would do good to all, fathers and fathers, cheer with the poetry of some children's movies. I love fairy tales, and for everyone there comes a time in which to sit and rest in the family. Read more and helped me ... ".

What he taught her to be a doctor (on TV)?
"The engineering of the human body. Then I founded the Central Maine Medical Center, because my own mother, there could be cured. I lost my father early, he was a man most present. However, I did well growing up with my mother and my two older sisters. I learned from them to know the best side of women. I have respect for the feminine energy, which melts and weaknesses inconstancy of us men."

In the last presidential Hillary Clinton cheering her...
"Hillary is a great woman, I think that one day it would be important for America to have to command a strong woman and kind. It will be a step forward as the election of Obama. The president found himself at the helm of a country in crisis in a world in crisis, but I always say that if the trees are healthy, regrow and regenerate. I expect that the United States."

Paddy

Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

What drives Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
MONTREAL • I get a major feeling of déjà vu while talking with Patrick Dempsey. I feel like I know him. Not because I’ve seen him on TV or because I met him briefly at the Los Angeles Auto Show last year, but like I really know him.

Then it comes to me: He’s the guy all the girls (and, I’m sure, some of the boys) were madly in love with in high school — the cute, smart, nice, athletic altar boy with the mischievous twinkle in his eye.

And I now understand why they call his character “McDreamy” on Grey’s Anatomy, where he stars as sexy neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd: You can’t help but melt when he looks at you. And that’s exactly what’s happening as we sit in the Dempsey Racing team trailer at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve prior to the qualifying round of the Grand-Am Rolex GT Series in Montreal. Perched across from each other in the cozy confines of the private room, I can feel his baby blues focused intently on me. Although the air conditioning is blasting, I’m feeling rather warm. I dare not look at him lest I turn into a drooling idiot. Instead, I stare at my notebook and will myself to remain calm and professional.

So, who is this impossibly cool and gorgeous man sitting before me?

Patrick Galen Dempsey was born on Jan. 13, 1966 in Lewiston, Maine to Amanda and William Dempsey, the youngest of three children. Being of Irish Catholic descent, Dempsey attended Catholic school as a young man, so he was most likely an altar boy ...

While in school, Dempsey was diagnosed with dyslexia. Although reading scripts would be difficult for him, that didn’t stop Dempsey from dreaming of becoming an actor. At age 17, he quit school and moved to California to pursue his acting career. He landed his first hit movie, Can’t Buy Me Love, in 1987. Although he was 21 years old, the younger-looking Dempsey played a sex-starved teenager who pays a cheerleader to be his girlfriend. He went on to act in several other movies and TV shows, but he is best known for his portrayal of McDreamy in Grey’s Anatomy.

Oh, and he loves to race. This is Dempsey’s fourth full season in Grand-Am Rolex GT competition in the No. 40 Mazda RX-8 GT, which he co-drives with teammate, friend and business partner Joe Foster. The two met seven years ago when Foster was Dempsey’s racing school instructor.

“I didn’t know who he was,” Foster tells a group of us over lunch outside the team’s trailer. According to Foster, Dempsey was the first person in class, sitting in the front row, looking like an eager student the day Foster was told a celebrity was going to be attending his class.

“I said to Pat, ‘I hear there’s a famous guy coming here today,’” Foster recalls.

“‘Yeah, it’s Tom Cruise,’” he says Dempsey replied.

So, add modesty and a good sense of humour to Dempsey’s long list of attractive qualities.

He does have a great laugh. He laughed a lot during our interview.

Here are some excerpts:

Patricia Cancilla What do you like about this track?

Patrick Dempsey Montreal’s a great city. There’s a very European sensibility here. There’s tremendous support when it comes to road racing. All of that is a great feeling [and] it’s a very challenging track.

PC What do you dislike about it?

PD Well, the walls are a little close. [He laughs. Add prescient to his set of skills: During the race the next day, Dempsey hit the wall. He managed to keep control of the car and continue the race.] I remember a couple of years ago there was a real problem with the groundhogs. There’s a lot of animals. You’ve got to be careful.

PC And it’s pretty hot here ...

PD It’s a little humid. [He laughs some more.]

PC What is your goal here?

PD For us to finish. I want to have a nice, solid qualifying. For me … to get more seat time and to improve upon my personal best times. And then you have to really conserve the brakes — this track really beats up the brakes, you go through them pretty quickly — so I can get Joe into a position where we’re fighting hopefully for a Top 10 finish. [They finished 11th.]

PC With your busy acting schedule, how do you find time for racing?

PD It’s hard; it’s very hard. I mean, I get tremendous support from Grey’s Anatomy. All the producers know how important it is to me. It makes me much happier when I come home on a Monday having raced and I show up on set. So, they’re very supportive, which is shocking to tell you the truth. When I do a movie, they’re less supportive. But I try to find the time to do it because it’s very relaxing to me. It’s a little bit of a holiday.

PC You don’t consider racing work?

PD It’s becoming more and more of a business, but it’s a fun business.

PC Does your family travel with you when you’re racing?

PD It’s hard for the boys [twins Darby Galen and Sullivan Patrick] to make the trek because they’re four years old. They prefer being home. My daughter [nine-year-old Tallulah Fyfe] really loves it and wants to go go-karting. So, I’m opening a bit of a Pandora’s box there. [He laughs.]

PC Would you rather she went into acting or racing?

PD Neither one. [He laughs again.] I think, the racing ... It would be fun to have her with me.

PC Are you an actor first or a race car driver?

PD It depends on where I am ... You have to switch your hats very quickly. You have to be really focused on your career as an actor, on the show, in development and what the next move is. I think the racing, on a mental side, has helped me make those transitions now a lot faster than I did in the past, so now when I get to the track I can change gears more quickly and focus on the racing and become a racer and vice versa. It’s helped me tremendously in my career.

PC You still consider acting your career as opposed to racing?

PD Well, that’s what pays the bills, until I get paid as a driver, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen any time soon. [He laughs for a long time, then gets serious.] I get tremendous support from Mazda. I’m fortunate to have their support.

PC Which is your greatest passion, acting or racing?

PD Racing.

PC You didn’t even hesitate.

PD No.

PC What are your goals in racing?

PD We want to race again at Le Mans ...do the American Le Mans series ...continue on in Rolex with the RX-8 ... We want to continue to develop our drivers.

PC Do you eventually want to make racing your full-time job?

PD Well, I love acting, too. The show is continuing, it seems like. We haven’t renegotiated yet, but, hopefully, there’s a deal to be made that works out for everyone.

PC You told Italian Vogue or Vanity Fair that you were leaving Grey’s Anatomy. Are you?

PD
Yeah, I paid a big heavy price for that statement. [He laughs softly.] You know, we’re still trying to [negotiate]. I think there’s a deal to be made there … My contract is up this year ... and we haven’t started renegotiations.

PC You didn’t say no to me ...

PD I have to be really careful what I say at this point. [He laughs.]

PC What has been your greatest moment in racing so far?

PD Getting on the podium at the Daytona race was huge for us ... It was a huge breakthrough. If you’re going to get your first podium, that’s the race to do it. It sort of changed things in perception ... for me and for the team certainly.

PC Who are your racing idols?

PD Dan Gurney. Carroll Shelby. Phil Hill ... That’s the first generation of Americans to go to Europe to race. [Mario] Andretti ... [Ayrton] Senna. If you haven’t seen the Senna movie, I highly recommend you go see it.

PC I will ... What inspired you to race?

PD Well, I started ski racing, so I’ve always loved racing. And my father was a big racing [fan]. He had his own team in the south [in the ’50s and ’60s].

PC Was he a driver as well?

PD He drove a little bit, but he was more of a team owner ... That’s how that started … I don’t know if he ran moonshine or what he did, but … there was a rumour that he was a part of that whole [scene]. [He laughs heartily.] This, of course, was in the ’50s, so God only knows what they were up to … This is before he had me. We were always watching Formula One or NASCAR in Maine.

PC Is your wife [Jillian] OK with you racing?

PD Yeah, she’s amazingly supportive. I wouldn’t be able to do it without her.

PC How do you reconcile being away from your family so much?

PD As soon as I’m done the race, I’ll get on a jet and fly right home … I’ll have all day Sunday with the family.

PC One day?

PD Well, I’m working in town ... That’s the great thing about the show ... and it’s an ensemble, so we do get a day off here and there ... I’m in a lot of it this year …

PC Really? What’s going to happen?

PD Well ... [We both laugh.] A lot of stuff changes. I’m happy with the direction of the show this year.

PC Are you into the Hollywood scene?

PD No, not at all. I couldn’t care less about it.

PC I hear you own a few racing and collectible cars. How many do you have?

PD About eight or nine.

PC Which is your favourite?

PD That’s like [asking] which child is your favourite. It’s really hard.

PC If you had to give them all up except for one, which would it be?

PD My first job, Can’t Buy Me Love, I spent my entire paycheque on this car, a 1963 356 Porsche Convertible [black]. I’ve had that car for 20 some odd years. That was my daily driver, certainly for a while, not anymore. That would be the one I would keep. [His collection also includes a Porsche GT3 RS, a Mercedes 190 SLR and 280 SE, a Jaguar D-type and XK 120 and a Ferrari Daytona.]

PC You contribute to a lot of charities.

PD A lot of our prize money goes to Seattle Children’s Hospital and the Cancer Centre in Maine [Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing, which Dempsey started after his mother got cancer]. We have an event coming up in October. [The Dempsey Challenge — a charity bike, walk and run — takes place Oct. 8-9.] We’ve done it for two years; this is our third year. We raised $1-million last year. That all goes to the Center ... If you’re here in Montreal, it’s just a hop, skip and a jump to Maine ...

PC I’ll have to check it out ... Thank you so much and good luck.

PD Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

We shake hands and I can finally take a good, long look at him.

Ah, McDreamy ...

Paddy

Last edited by Eve_; 08-24-2011 at 06:49 PM
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting
Old 08-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Patrick Dempsey, gentleman and pilot

Google translation:
Quote:
With his Mazda RX-8 and Dempsey Racing

He is as beautiful as a God (judging by the many female fans who flocked to the facilities in Montreal), nice, friendly and compassionate. But it wasn't for those qualities that Patrick Dempsey was in Montreal last week. It was rather an attempt to win a first career race driving his Mazda RX-8 in the Rolex Grand-Am Series.

Unfortunately, he's not in Montreal as the famous actor (whose role is certainly striking in Dr. Shepherd in Grey's Anatomy), he will be happy to get on the podium.

Late arrival due to a shooting in Los Angeles has made him miss the first practice sessions. In qualifying, he could not do better than almost next to last, but in the race he could never go back, improving his time each time but never gain real positions.

Still, Patrick Dempsey is happy. For him it's for pleasure that he chose to drive, to form his own team, and contribute to various causes. "My wife gave me a training session to race Skip Barber at Laguna Seca in 2005. Since then I developed a real passion," says the gentleman driver.

Passion that has grown into having two Mazdaq in the Rolex Series, and have a real team permanently. And his goals are high: a third place finish in Daytona was just the beginning. "It's simple, I dream to race in international series, and I think the Rolex Series is just the beginning."

As to why the association with Mazda, Patrick Dempsey explained easily. "They have a good driver development program with which I work, and I have a special love of the rotary engine RX-8 that can easily adapt. "

But Patrick Dempsey is more than a pilot. Throughout it's facilities, we found logos of important partners for him: Seattle Children, a hospital and research for children, and thhe Patrick Dempsey center against cancer hospital in Maine, the state where the actor was born.

"The race is what best meets the physical and the mental aspect, especially the Montreal circuit is demanding. At the same time, it's a team effort, with exceptional partners. That's how I want to live every day, and racing gives me that. As long as I enjoy it, I will continue, "says Patrick Dempsey.

Then he got out of his trailer, posing for pictures and signing autographs, never losing his smile. Even my darling wife was entitled to the photo with him...

------------

Grey's Anatomy S7 Bloopers

(Thanks to WalaBridget)

(credit)
(credit)

(credit)
(credit)

(credit)

(credit)

(Source: WalaBridget)

Paddy

Last edited by Eve_; 08-30-2011 at 04:07 PM