Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Survivor Man (4.07) Episode Discussion

SURVIVOR MAN
9/8c TV14

INTO THE WOODS-SPECIAL GREEN WEEK EPISODE - After Ryan (B.J. Novak) excludes Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) from a corporate wilderness retreat, Michael heads into the woods for his own survival adventure with nothing but the suit on his back. Back at work, Jim (John Krasinski) tries to revolutionize the office birthday party.

Promo

Last edited by Enigma; 11-06-2007 at 04:59 PM
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see Jim in action.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Sounds like a good one!

Owen/Cristina ~ Jim/Pam ~ Tony/Michelle ~ Sawyer/Juliet

Avie credit wolwiegirl3
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Me too Steph. I wonder what he'll have in mind.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM
New Fan

Sounds like a few laughs
Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to this episode.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdcompton (View Post)
Sounds like a few laughs
a few laughs?
the whole thing to me will be nothing but laughs
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Absolute Fan

It sounds like it's gonna be good. I can't wait to see it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm excited and sad all at the same time. Can't believe this is our second to last episode.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Steve wrote tonight's episode, so I'm really excited for it. I'm sure it'll be a good one!

Jessica

icon
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know there were alot of complaints about last week's episode but I laughed so much last week and after watching it a few times I really loved it despite there still being a few things that bugged me.

This week on the other hand wasn't funny to me. Maybe one of my least fave episodes (sorry Steve). If we hadn't gotten that last Jim/Michael scene I don't know. But, that scene alone made the whole episode. Totally pwned!!!

Poor Michael. I felt bad that he didn't get invited. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.

I gotta admit it was nice for Toby to have a moment in the spotlight though. Although why Toby would have gotten invited when Michael or Jim didn't is strange.

Jim: "When Michael plays the hypothetical game, I always say yes.
And I am always busy."

Dwight and his weapons around the office.

The overkill killer...............oh Dwight. Creepy indeed.

Michael and all the birthday party clips

Dwight not leaving Michael alone in the woods of course.

Jim and the birthday party thing: I liked that Jim had an idea and wanted to do something different, but as the whole storyline progressed I didn't think he came off that well which was disappointing. And I thought it was weird the way Pam was sort of egging it on like she knew it wasn't going to turn out well. I don't know. The big thing that did stand out though was that despite Michael's goofiness with the birthdays is that most everyone in the office liked having that "specialness" on their birthdays.........something in the office that they actually look forward to. Loved Michael coming in at the end with his goofy singing and everyone being happy. And Creed's dancing.

The end result of the b-day storyline was amazing though. I loved, loved, loved the ending with Michael/Jim. How Michael admitted putting the b-days all together once and it not working out and it being a rookie mistake and that give it 10 years and Jim would figure it out and then Jim saying he wouldn't be there in 10 years and just the look on his face. And then the that's what she said...........who said...........I never know, etc. Bravo my young lord. This scene pwned all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Enigma; 11-08-2007 at 07:59 PM
Old 11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Solid episode.

I loved it.

The image of Michael in his ducktaped suit paints was absolutely hilarious.

"I HAVE HEMORRHOIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dwight tackling Michael... I had to rewind that and watch multiple times. So good.

Quote:
Michael and all the birthday party clips
OMG. So funny. I think my favorite was scaring Phyllis in her car and "Blacks do crack. Not the drug."

My favorite scene was the tag between Jim and Michael. I love when those two really interact. And Michael's not being an idiot. It was a lovely scene.

Only thing is I wish Michael would've based his outing on "Man vs. Wild" instead of "Survivor Man". Bear Grylls OWNS.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Man, Steve Carell really knows how to write an episode that utilizes everyone, doesn't he? Loved this!

At first, I thought it was starting out slow, with too much Michael talking to the camera. I thought the wilderness survival thing was a little bit weird since it seemed like there was no connection between Michael not being invited on camping trip and Michael being dumped out in the woods. I mean, if he made it back, was he going to call Ryan to brag? Okay, probably. But still...

I loved the Dwight was watching over him because that's such a Dwight thing to do. It was weird to see the Dwight montage of weaponry - I don't know why, but it just struck me as off (maybe cause he did the same thing in "The Negotiation?" I was cracking up when Dwight tackled Michael and dug the mushrooms out of his mouth. For whatever reason, Rashida's line from the DVD commentary about how Rainn and Steve are always getting inappropriately close and touching each other on the show popped into my head.

Oh Jim! At first, again, I thought the storyline started out a little slow. Cutting from Michael to Jim just combining the birthdays was jarring. But then, it started getting awesome. I love that he gradually started turning into Michael. He was trying so hard to be cool and likable, but it just wasn't working. Promising all those cakes and then letting Andy get to him. When he went into Michael's office, I was stunned - Jim wants to work?! And then when everyone was in the breakroom and pissed? Wow, I kinda excited to see him on the other side - Corporate!Jim was back and it was not pretty. He had great interactions with almost all the characters and I loved it!

The Jim/Pam stuff was kinda interesting. Some of it seemed tacked on, but I think that maybe Pam could see what was happening before Jim could. I think she wanted to see how it was going to play out, perhaps knowing that he needed to see how this was going to go on his own.

But the capper was the tag scene. Jim's silent revelation talking to Michael just propelled his character forward and I'm so excited to see what he does with that. Michael was actually really likable in that scene, diffusing the tension in a predictable, but sweet way (even if he probably didn't really understand why Jim just shut down). Steve and John have such great chemistry and I love when they just get to sit and both be normal in a scene. The two of them just laughing always makes me happy.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
but I think that maybe Pam could see what was happening before Jim could. I think she wanted to see how it was going to play out, perhaps knowing that he needed to see how this was going to go on his own.
Yeah, it struck me as weird while I was watching, but I think you are right.

Quote:
I think my favorite was scaring Phyllis in her car and "Blacks do crack. Not the drug."
Those were great.

Oh and Phyllis calling Jim Michael was awesome!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Loyal Fan

it was an okay episode, not the best, and i felt it was much shorter than usual too.

i love that they compared jim and michael together and that they can get along pretty well too-such a normal scene that made me happy.

glad that michael came back just in time for the birthday party, everyone was happy again-michael really cares abotu everyone.

pam obviously knew what was going to happen and wanted to see it play out.

'Survivor man' haha, i've actually watched that show before-filmed just like how michael does it.

Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)-Jackie/Hyde(That 70's Show)-Harry/Hermione(Harry Potter)-Zutara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)-Henry/Anne (The Tudors)-Spike/Faye (Cowboy Bebop)( And all the more to come.