Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Saving Stories?

I recently got a computer with a cd burner, and I want to start saving some of my favorite stories to discs. Here's my problem, I hit file go to "save as" and the cd-rw drive, when I save the chapter the links don't copy so when I hit them they say "page can't be displayed". So I have to hit the back button and try and find the next chapter, because they don't go in the order I save them. Some of the stories have over a hundred chapters and I'd like to be able to hit the link "next" button and go to the next chapter. Is there anyway to do this. I know I'm technically challenged, but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Last edited by wherly; 12-15-2004 at 07:51 AM
Old 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

I'm not actually sure there's a way to do that when you're offline, because all the links would still point to specific URLs, and they won't automatically point to another file you have saved to disk. However, this isn't the best board to ask, and I'm going to direct you to the General Computer Help thread on the webmasters board. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

fics | vids | stupid little life