Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I have three originals I'll post here....

“Chasing Cars”
Written by:
C. A. Walker

Chasing Cars
Lyrics by
Snow Patrol

We’ll do it all
Everything
On our own
We don’t need
Anything
Or anyone
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

“You’re really doing it?” She questioned me excitedly as we spoke on the phone that evening.

“Yep.” I stated firmly. “Im really doing it. Baby Im coming out to see you!” I said, the reality not having sunk in yet. “One week with you, can you believe it?” I asked excitedly. “And it will be during one of your absolute favorite times of the year.” I said proudly.

“So does this mean I can make you watch scary movies with me?” She asked, laughing an evil laugh.

“Only if you hold me close and keep me safe.” I said, loving the image that swirled about inside of my head. “God babe,” I sighed. “Theres so much I wanna do with you and to you and see while Im out there. I wanna do everything you and I have ever wanted to do since we started talking on the damn computer and this phone! I wanna see it all and ...”

“Baby we will.” She assured me. “Believe me Casey I want you to see everything on my end and experience as much while you are here as you can.” She sighed, shifting in her bed. “I dont even know how we’ll fit it all into a week, but we will. I promise you that!” She stated firmly.

“Baby?” I started out nervously. “I know you’ve always been worried that we wont hit it off and whatever, baby what if youre right?” I asked. Suddenly fearing the worst.

“Casey,” She said, her voice soothing and calming. Her southern accent like music to my ears. “We’ll just take it as it comes. No expectations. Just know that right now. Tonight, before you get ready to come out and see me ...” Her voice changing and becoming low and seductive. “I want you, and need you.” She said on a whisper, causing me to gulp, feel tinglings between my thighs, and sigh.

I’ve always hated the thought of flying in an airplane. Quite honestly, most of the trips I had taken in my life time I had either been too young or too medicated to remember. This time I wanted to remember EVERYTHING. And, as the plane made its decent downward into the airport in Roanoke, Virginia, I let myself gaze out the window beside me. The greens, reds, golds and oranges of the trees and hills below were a breath taking sight. And at seeing busy streets, I was surprised. This was not the picture I had in my head. Feeling the bump of the wheels as the tires met the cement landing strip, my heart skipped a beat. Maybe it was because I had actually survived, or more than that ... Maybe it was because I knew she would be waiting for me, suddenly I felt nervous.

Thoughts consumed my head as the airplane touched down. “Would she like me?”, “Would I like her?”, “What would she think of me?”, “Would she be disappointed?”, “Would we kiss?” and of course ... “Would we make love?” Shaking the nervous thoughts aside I laughed inwardly and reminded myself. Liza is your girlfriend. Of course she is going to like you. More than that, she is in love with you crazy woman! You have been together for over 2 years. Content with my inward reassurance I stood up on my shakey legs and reached a trembling and sweaty hand in the over head compartment and grabbed my back pack. Slinging it over my shoulders, I took a step into the aisle and realized ... I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW TO WALK!!!! Taking a deep breath in and exhaling, I closed my eyes. Move Casey, just walk. I said to myself as I took a step foreward.

I don’t quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They’re not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that’s bursting into life

Stepping into the airport, I saw her! She looked just like she did in the pictures and on her web cam. The only difference was, she was right in front of me. 5’3, with clear complected olive skin. Dressed in a North Carolina sweat suit, she had a round face and short spikey blonde hair. Her blue eyes sparkled out from behind her glasses as she looked my way. Slowly I made my way over to her and wrapped my arms around her. God she smells good! I thought breathing in her scent deeply. Better than I could ever imagine. My heart was racing. Everything felt as though it was moving in slow motion around us. Just her and I. God I wanted to kiss her deep and long and show her everything I had wanted to do for the past 2 years, but her friend was sitting a few steps away.

“What it do?”, I asked nervously, trying to sound cool and calm, and hoping that she wouldnt feel any awkward vibes.

“Hey.” She said, her smile beaming.

Her smile was even more amazing in person, and her voice. I was surprised at how soft it was in person, and how much more girly she sounded. I was relieved that she hadnt lost the twang in her accent. Hugging her again, I whispered in her ear,

“I told you I would be here.” Pulling away, I smiled nervously. And stood taking her in. God I just wanted to touch her and be with her. How was it possible that I was that much more in love with her in just the few minutes I had stepped off the plane? I wondered. How was it she was even more amazing standing here in front of me?

“You wanna get your bags?” She asked, breaking my thoughts.

“Yea.” I answered quickly, hoping she couldnt see the thoughts I had ... hoping to God I wasnt showing too much of my feelings.

“Yall wanna get her bags?” A voice said from behind Liza. The woman was slender, and had a Dolly Parton sounding voice. Dressed in tight jeans and a t-shirt, and flats, she looked to be about 40ish. She had long blonde hair, hazel eyes. Her lips were full and red. And her skind milky white.

“Oh ... “ Liza said remembering her friend was with her. “Casey this is Melody, Mel ... Casey.”

Extending my hand to Melody’s I smiled. She had soft hands, dainty hands. “Yea, I would have known her from her pic too.”

We walked through the throngs of people, Melody snapped our pictures continuously, as we made our way to the conveyor cirlcles, talking easily and comfortably as though we werent seeing eachother for the first time face to face. Kiss her! Dammit Casey take her in your arms and kiss her! I thought to myself as we stood waiting for my bags. She smells so damn good you know you want to jump her bones here and now!

“How was your flight?” She asked, her voice breaking my thoughts yet again.

“Um, it was better than I thought it would be.” I gulped down. God Casey you want her! You NEED her! Just jump her bones! I thought again, trying to ignore that feeling deep down inside of me. “The take off and the landings are always the worst part for me.” I stated. “But I got here in one peice so Im glad.” I smiled sweetly.

“Me too.” She smiled and took my hand in hers. Her long fingers looping in mine, calming all my nervous fears.

Let’s waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

“How’s the bath?” Liza asked, knocking on the door, and peeking her head inside.

“It feels great!” I said, pulling the curtain closed slightly, feeling shy and awkward as I heard her enter the bathroom.

“You dont mind that Im in here do you?” She asked nervously, closing the lid on the toilet and sitting down.

“No.” I said, my voice craking. Yes! Get out get out! Liza Im pock marked and acne scarred. Im a monster. I dont want you to see me, and be turned off. I dont want you to think Im disgusting. Leave now cause you’ll hate what you see. I heard myself saying it. Everything in me wanted to scream it. I felt myself shift in the water and pull the curtain closed that much more.

“No!” She said, leaning over and putting her hand on mine. “Let me see you? Let me wash you?” She asked.

I sat frozen, unsure of what to do. Looking down at my naked self, I sat frightened knowing of the horror she would see once she pulled back the curtain. Hell I hadnt even shaved yet I ran a hand over the slight stubble. Thats what you get for reading cosmo. You dont want to have sex on the first date dont shave. Yea shes really gonna go gaga over you stupid!
“Casey please?” She asked, her voice sounding almost hurt.

Its not you. I promise. Its me, dont you get that Liza? Dont you get it at all. I want you to see me. I just dont want you to be repulsed by what you see. I dont want you to be disgusted at the site I see everyday. Lowing my head, I let her pull open the curtain. I shifted uncomfortably, pulled my knees close to me, tried to hide my naked acne covered back, and chest. I let my gaze wander to anywhere but her. I didnt want to see a look of repultion in her eyes. I sat queitly looking down, as I handed her my wash cloth. Closed my eyes as she began lathering my body. It seemed like an eternity before it was finally over. Before she left the room. Climbing out of the tub, I began to dry off. Standing infront of the mirror I wept silently.
I walked out of the bathroom quietly, still feeling like the beast from the old fable. I saw her sitting in a chair at a table in our hotel room. Walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, I pulled my socks on over my feet. Although I was clothed, I still felt very much naked and exposed. Scooting up on my bed, I grabbed the remote hoping for some image to erase the shame I kept seeing in my own head. I let my self delve into the evening news, yet I could feel her eyes boring into me. Crawling up beside me, she finaly spoke, trying her hardest to make me feel better. Again linking her hand in mine.

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that’s bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they’re all I can see

I don’t know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Watching her as her eyes fluttered closed, slowly drifting asleep, I let my hand roam up and down her back. I felt her squirm, then heard her laugh lightly when I found a ticklish spot. I heard her sigh when she relaxed.

“Do you want me to stop?” I asked, knowing that if I kept doing this I would want to take and give more.

“No.” She replied, her voice relaxed and sleep filled.

“Ok.” I responded, again letting my hand run over her back. Feeling her body rise and fall with each breath she took. Slowly I let my hand run under her t shirt. I felt her smooth skin, let my hand knead and caress it. “Do you want me to stop?” I asked again. wanting so much to feel more of her. Hoping she would give me more.

“No baby,” She said, her voice in a dream like state of speech. “You’re all good.” She breathed slowly, as my hand roamned up and down over her back, my fingers skimming skillfully under the hemline of her boxers and back up, slowly moving up and over her sides. I felt her shift closer to me. I froze. “Dont quit.” She said, knowing my thought before I could speak it. I continued my motion over her skin running my hand all over, feeling the heat of her body under my fingers. Letting my hand run over her side moved it up over her bra covered breast. Letting my thumb skim over her nipple, I felt it grow hard. I heard her suck in a breath. I moved my hand back down over her back then bringing it again slowly up and over to her breast again.

I was nervous, and scared and excited all at once it seemed. I didnt know what was about to happen, yet I knew what I hoped would. Should I make the first move? Will it scare her off? God I need more. I WANT her so much. I let my hand continue its innocent foreplay on her back, sides and her breast, waiting for a sign. Again she shifted. My hand pulled away, as she sat up beside me and skillfully slipped out of her bra, before laying back down beside me leaning her back to me. Slowly and nervously I slipped my hand back under her shirt. Moving my fingers up and down over her back and sides, enjoying the feel of her. Loving hearing as she inhaled deeply as my fingers skimmed the side of her breast, feeling as she grabbed my hand and placed it on her breast, and as she turned on her back to me.

This is it. I thought. I am about to make love to Liza Marie Blanchett for the first time. God I want it to be special and memorable. Dont rush it. I reminded myself as I leaned over her and kissed her slowly. Letting her feel my lips over hers. I let my hand slide down to her breast moulding it and cupping it and let myself play with her nipple, as the kiss changed direction. I felt her body arch under my palm. Pulling back I watched her. Let my eyes wash over her face.

“Do you want me to stop?” I asked, wanting to be sure. Not wanting to rush her or pressure her or make her feel this was something that had to be done.

“No.” She panted out. “Casey dont stop.” She said arching her chest into me. Kissing her again I let my tongue slip past her lips and dance with hers. Pulling back once more I watched her.

“I love you.” I said. wanting her to know that for me this was more than just some weeklong fling, that it was important to me. Silence filled the room. Maybe she didnt hear me? I thought to myself. “Liza, I love you.” I said again. “I love you, I love you, I love you.” I repeated over and over to her. Waiting for something. Say it back Liza, say it back so I know this means as much to you as it does to me. I thought to myself. I know it hasnt been easy, things with you and I. Just say it Liza Marie. I need for you to say it. I need to hear it. I let myself look into her eyes, and drown in the seas of them. I felt her breath on my face, scared and unsure, but full of longing. Here with her below me felt more right than anything in my life ever had. I had been with others, but for me she was the one that fit. She was the one that made my future clear.

“I love you too Casey.” She whispered to me. “Make love to me?” She asked. And I obliged. Tender and sweet. My hands caressed, and rubbed her heated skin.I tasted lips, breasts ... every inch of her. Am I dreaming? Is this really happening? I wondered inwardly. When I slipped my middle finger inside of her, I could have died then and gone to heaven. Hearing her moan and seeing her body writhe and buck beneath me when I found a spot that she enjoyed, and the look on her face when she came. It was indescribable. Our bodies tangled together awkwardly at times, as we rolled over the bed in that hotel room. Seeing her above me, made me melt. So many times in so many conversations she told me she had thoughts of being “the man”, and in an instant she was. she had the control and now it was her turn to touch and taste and tease.

Brushing her hair off her foread, I kiss it. I sigh inwardly. Feeling content with my life for the first time. It seems to me, as I lay here watching her sleep, that my life is finally coming together.

----------------------------------------------

The Sunday Drive
Written by C.A. Walker
5/25/2009

The wind wisps through my hair as we drive along the long and winding stretch of highway in Southwest Virginia. I let my eyes take in all the fall colors and the mountain scenery. I stretch my arm out the window and I feel as it is instantly pushed back. I glance over at you, remembering our first night together. it seems like a lifetime ago. In reality though, it has only been 7 days. We've known eachother for years. So close, at times it seemed as though we could finish eachothers thoughts and sentences. As you shift gears with your right hand, I reach over with my left and I link my hand in yours. A perfect fit I think to myself. You pull it away and rest it back on the steering wheel. The silence, combined with my racing thoughts seem deafeningly loud. I reach up and turn on the radio, but it seems all the more loud so I quickly turn it off. We've known eachother for years. But today as we drive back to your house in your silence filled 2003 mustang, it seems as though we're strangers.

"Do you love me?" I ask softly, trying to muster up the courage to aknowledge the proverbial elephant that is in the car with us today.

"Huh?" You ask. I'm not sure if it's because you didn't hear me, or because you didn't understand the question.

Breathing deep, I exhale slowly and turn to face you. You look boyish today. Your blondish brown hair, usually spikey is down and parted to the side. And, you are dressed in a white long john shirt with a maroon t - shirt over it. Your jeans are dark blue boot cut and your brown leather boots seem to pull your ensamble together. I feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering about and will them to stop, because I know that I'm the only one who feels them. You peer over at me. Your blue eyes sparkle behind your glasses. For a moment I wonder if you feel for me what I feel for you. But I remind myself that it's been 7 days. Swallowing hard on the lump in my throat, I fidget in my seat as I speak the question again more loudly. "Do you love me?"

"You know I do." You reply in your soft southern accent.

"Actually, I don't know." I say softly looking away quickly as I blink away my forming tears. I curse myself under my breath as I start to cry.

"Casey, what's wrong?" You ask, your voice full of concern. "Look at me." You say softly, trying to concentrate on both me and the road ahead.

Wiping furiously at my falling tears, I force myself to speak. "I hear you tell me that you love me. You tell me constantly how I should trust in that. You say I'm your hero and that I keep you sane. But I dont know..." I pause, searching my heart. "Right now, those words just don't seem to ring true." I pause, swallowing hard on that lump in my throat once again. "You haven't touched me since the night I got here." I say quiely.

"What?!?" You say, taken aback by the statement. "We just kissed at Wal-mart not even an hour ago, and we held hands a few seconds ago. I'm sure theres more I can name." You say trying to comfort me.

"You're right." I agree, thinking back to each of those instances and the other moments we shared together. "There is more, but none of that was inititiate by you." I point out. "Everytime I've tried to inititiate more, you turn your head, or you tell me how tired you are. You look at me the same way Doug did." I say. I can feel the tears streaming down my face now. "Am I that repulsive?" I question, hoping to whatever God exists that you don't answer that. " What does it mean that you don't want to touch me? What am I supposed to think?" I finish.

"It's pretty self explanitory." You say softly.

"You don't want me." I say, my voice full of hurt. "I repulse you."

"I didn't say that Casey." You reply, sounding just as hurt now.

"You didn't have to." I say as I turn my gaze back outside the car. "I always thought sex brought people closer together, not tore them apart." I say, as I turn my head and stare blankly out the window to hide the fact I'm starting to cry again.

"Baby, I don't wanna do this now. I don't wanna fight with you. It's your last night here." You say trying to make things better. "Lets go out tonight. Just me and you, and have fun. We'll get all dressed up nice and we'll go out to a restaurant and we'll have dinner and then we'll see a play at the theater." You say sweetly as you grab my hand in yours and link them together. "A date." You say, bringing it to your lips and kissing it. "I love you Casey. You're my Super Girl." You whisper against my skin and instantly I can feel the fluttering in my stomach as we drive up to your house.

You come out of your bedroom, your hair spiked up around your head, dressed in a dark blue button down shirt, boot cut jeans and black harley boots. I sit in the living room talking with your mom and dad. As you enter I rise up from the couch to greet you. Though it's short, my dark brown hair is curled and a strand is tucked behind my ear. My black shirt gives a nice shape to my breasts and my black skirt skims my ankles. I blush, feeling more girly than I am used to. Especially with the make - up I'm wearing.

"Robert get the camera and let's take some pictures." Your mother says, her voice full of excitement as your father makes his way into their bedroom to retrieve it. When he returns we smile and pose before heading out to the car.

"Wow!" You say as we step outside into the cool October air. Your voice sounding the slightest bit surprised.

"What?" I ask sheepishly, as you open my door before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"You look so ..."

"Pretty?" I ask as I slide into the passengers seat, watching you as you make your way around to the drivers side.

"I was going to say different." You chuckle as you open the door and slide in. "But pretty works too." You say as you buckle the seatbelt and start the car. Reaching over, you take my hand in yours. Just like a fairytale, my last night with you before I go back home seems so perfect. The conversation, the dinner at the restaurant, the play and the hotel. It all seems too good to be true. Even as we make love, and after as you hold me in your arms. I wonder inwardly when this dream will end. Yet as perfect as this night has been, I can't help but wonder ... Did you do all this because you love me, or did you do it because you felt forced into doing it?

It's been 12 days since Ive been home. 12 days since I saw you last. And to me it seems as though you life is busier now than before I went out to visit you. I wonder inwardly as I sit and listen to you tell me how your day at work was, if you realize that our phone calls are becoming shorter and shorter. You're meeting people and making new friends left and right. You used to tell me how awkward you were socially. That meeting and talking to strangers made you uncomfortable. You're coming into your own person now. I see it. I feel it. Once upon a time I filled a void in your life. You felt as though you couldn't talk to anyone in person, so you chose someone 2000 miles away. And now you don't need that crutch to lean on anymore. I wonder if you can feel that as much as I do?

"Are you ok?" You ask, finally realizing that I haven't spoken much tonight. "You don't seem like you're with me tonight." You say. "Like you're a million miles away." You finish.

"You're right." I say softly. I am a million miles away."

"Waddya mean Case, what's up?" You question, your voice filled with concern.

"I miss you." I sigh. "I miss us." I say and fight the urge to cry.

"I do too." You say tenderly, and my heart falls to peices.

"No..." I shake my head as if you can see. "I mean, it feels so different. " I say. "Being there with you... touching you... kissing you. And now, being back home ..." I pause searching my thoughts and feelings for the right way to say what I want you to know. "For so long, you were just this dream. I mean, I knew you were flesh and blood, but I fell in love with you knowing tat there was the possibility that I'd never meet you. Then I did. And that dream became so real..." I pause taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, hoping that you can't hear my voice quivering as I start to cry. "It became so real, that I became blind while I was there to what I've known for a while... that I had to wake up from this dream eventually." I finish, hoping you know what I'm trying to say. Waiting a beat, I speak again. "Liza Marie, I love you so damn much! You are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with." I pause, searching my thoughts once more.

"But...?" You ask in your soft southern accent.

"But..." I say, breathing deep and exhaling once more. "You're not ready for me yet." I say somberly. "You're there, finding out who you are again, You don't need me like you used to." I explain. "And me... Well, I have to do the same. I have to find out who I am." I pause. "I have to get my act together and make good on those promises." I remind you, reflecting on our first night together. "Time is no mans friend. It's DEFENITELY not mine." I emphasize the word on a small laugh. "When we are together, I want it to be right. " I say decisivly. "And, right now ..." I pause. "It's not And as much as this is killing me..." I pause again succoming to my emotions, knowing you can hear my low sobs. "I have to take a step back. I have to let you ahead, and I have to live by the phrase 'If you love someone set them free. If they return to you, you know that it's meant to be.' "I finish, unable to hide my crying anymore. I make a fist over my aching heart as though it is coming out of my chest.

"I guess I should let you go then." You say, your voice sounding cold and distant.

"Yea..." I say, trying to gain my composure and wiping at my tears with my sleeve. "I guess." I say, my voice filled with sadness, knowing full well that the second we hang up, thing between us will never be the same.

"I'll talk to ya later then." You say hurridly. "Bye."

"Liza!" I say quickly, before you hang up, so loudly that it seems as though I've screamed it. "I love you!" But it's too late. I hear the dial tone. "Hurry back to me..." I whisper into the reciever before pushing the "end" button on the phone. "Hurry back." I whisper as I begine to cry.

10 years and 1 child later, I can still remember the feeling of seeing her for the first time a year later when I moved to Virginia and seeing that same old look in her eyes. A look that told me that I would always be the only one for her, no matter the distance. I remember the feel of her arms around me, and the taste of her lips and the feel of her skin when she offered herself yet again to me in the most intimate of ways. And, what I remember, even more so on nights like these when I am sitting here in bed, tapping away at the keys on my lap top, and her snoring filling the room as I work on my next article is how I felt afterwards when I leaned over and kissed her forehead, and watched her fall asleep. And as our son Cole Avery Blanchett climbs into bed with us because he had a nightmare, as we both wrap our arms around him and snuggle up tight as a family, I thank whatever God there is, for one fateful night in a chatroom. I thank Him for the trials and tribulations Liza and I had to go through to get to where we are today. In a world with far too many casualities of long distance relationships via todays wonderful world of technology, Liza and I are suvivors. Taking a leap of faith and moving out here with her is something I will never regret. And in moments like tonight, when I sit counting my blessings in life, I have to say a big thank you to whatever God, for bringing these two beautiful people into my life.

----------------------------------------------

Drive To The End
Written By
C.A. Walker

I could barely sleep the night before my wedding. There were so many details that needed attention, and I lay awake wondering how they would all be taken care of, and how my life was about to change in just a few short hours. August 16, 2010 was going to be a hot day. All I could think of was how much still needed to be done, and how hot I was going to be and that I couldnt wait to see you in your wedding dress.
I dressed in a pair of shorts and tank top to stay as cool as possible and carefully placed my slacks and shirt into the car. I drove almost blindly to the beach and parked the car in the parking lot behind it. I grabbed my clothes and rushed into the beach house and down the stairs to the area that would be my dressing room. The buzz of activity was frantic and nerves started to set in. I wanted a mirror to ensure I looked okay, for the afternoon heat was lingering for far longer then anticipated, and draining the energy right out of me as I worried about the sweat dribbling from my pores like salted driblet's. I cursed under my breath as my cologne began to stale, and my body odor began to rise like a wash of steam hitting my nostrils hard.

When it was time, my friend Amanda came down to get me. All of the guests, our friends and family, were waiting outside anxiously awaiting for you to walk down the alter where in just a few short minutes, you and I would begin our new lives. I looked at the crowd, and eyed them down one at a time - rows of smiles greeted me, they weren't even acted smiles, they were the fairy-tale smiles placed on one's face in only the greatest of moments. They looked proud, and the sense of pride blew their minds, and made them mindless. I shrugged my worries off my shoulders, and continued to stand like a soldier who had been put on post. My friend Amanda had noticed what was happening to me. She leaned down and whispered in my ear, “You don’t have to go through with this. Just close your eyes and I will pull the car around and take you anywhere you want to go.”

I closed my eyes and the warmth of the sun beating down on my body, felt so well and the sand between my toes was so cool. I took a deep breath and my lungs were filled with the sweet smell of the salt air from the warm Atlantic Ocean. The slight breeze perfected the atmosphere. I was at peace. I shook my head. "It's all good." I said. "I love her too much. More than she'll ever know." I spoke the words, my heart bursting within me.

"Are you ready then?" Amanda whispered in my ear? I nodded in approval and I turned to see the love of my life standing at the other end of the alter. Behind you was one of the most enchanting sunsets. The sky was a cocktail of red, purple, pink and orange. The wedding march started playing, and out walked bridesmaids - each one dressed in dresses the same soft baby blue. Their hair each styled to their liking , jewellery around their necks, satin heels, and carrying a single white star gazer lily. I heard my stomach rumble and I knew I was hungry. Amanda heard it and chuckled under her breath. Her chuckle made the me blush, and I ordered my stomach to settle; the stomach rumbled again - this time picking up the smiles of the last two bridesmaids. The music was the only thing that deafened the audience to my bodily issues thankfully. I was sweting now, the sweat ran down my face, along my neck, and soaked into my collar. I quickly ran a hand over my face, as the crowd's eyes became diverted to You... wearing a gown of pure white. And I my eyes filled with tears as I watched you take your first step towards me. That moment alone makes the wedding worth re-living over and over. You looked breathtakingly beautiful. Your short brown hair curled and tucked behind your ears. I was instantly taken back to 2006 and your last night in my small town. The way you looked the night that we went on our date to the play. I had always heard you tell me that you got butterflies from the sight or thought of me. Standing here in front of our friends and family on this beach, I was the one with the butterflies.

Your brother William walked you to the end of the isle that would lead you to the alter where I was waiting. I was so nervous. I was relieved too that I wasn't the only one. I noticed the babies’ breath in you bouquet shaking. I wasn’t sure why I either of us was shaking so much. I was nudged into lifting up the veil. Feeling a tad foolish - I almost felt as though this were going to be some cruel joke and I would be were lifting it to reveal the face of a stranger. I wanted to kiss you for not being a stranger, my arms wanted to crush you against my chest in order to let you know how cherished I was to have you as my bride; however I knew I had to wait. The ceremony started amidst the flashes of three cameras. "Why can't I just press fast forward?" I wondered as I waited for the talking to cease, and the marriage to begin. Our eyes met and there it was, that smile you smiled. I could have been locked in that moment forever. Our officiate had her own words to say before walking us through our vows. We each spoke our hearts to one another as we exchanged our rings on our right hands. "You may now kiss your spouce." Those words echoed in my head. I was frozen. Amanda nudged me. "Kiss her already." She said louder than she intended. Our guests laughed. We embraced, and our lips met. I couldn't believe we had finally done this. Had it really happened? And so we were married. It was really that simple. My first thought was, "Why hadn't we done this years ago?" It all seemed so natural and fitting. Everything came together in the end, just as it always has over the past six years we have known eachother. I know the road is destined to reveal many potholes ahead, but we have always persevered before. Now, bound ever stronger, we will weather together whatever may lie ahead... Driving together to the end.

The End
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Those were great! thanks for sharing them!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sharing those with us

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks guys for reading, Im glad you liked it. Heres one I did from a writing prompt. It was "Suppose the Devil invites you to lunch, he tells you that he has a deal for you, your soul for the one that got away. If you decline however, you loose your chance with them forever."

"I have a proposition for you." The devil smirked at me from across the table. Here was the gentleman a face completely hairless, even to the point of lacking eyebrows and eyelashes; skin pale without quite bleaching into albino. But his suit was very formal, jet black and precision-tailored. His large-lidded eyes had a sleepy, half-open look, and his nose was just two small slits. His large mouth was pursed, like a fleshy exclamation mark. A dimple tucked into his narrow chin.

"An offer?" I questioned, eyeing him up and down, Watching as he snaked his long and pointy fingers around his wine glass. I watched as he sipped slowly from his red wine " What sort of offer?" I asked hesitantly.

"An unusual one. One that demonstrates my power. And, I might say, one that greatly benefits you."

"Benefits me?" I pushed my plate aside, suddenly at a loss for the food.

"I know, of course," said the Devil, smiling the faintest of smiles with the corners of his mouth. 'I recognise the vulgarity of all this salesman-talk. But it precisely describes the circumstance. I shall make my offer. You can then either accept or decline. If you decline, you'll hear nothing more from me. If you decide to accept, however,' and here the Devil took a bite of his smoked salmon, dabbing with his napkin at the corners of his upturned mouth.

"I'll lose my soul." I finished for him.

"Your loss... My gain." He chuckled. "But if you accept my offer, then I shall simply give you what you ask for and be on my merry little way." He added.

I looked again at this man, looked in his face. His skin was, I saw, unusually smooth. Only the edges of the eyes betrayed even the hint of a wrinkle. "I don't understand." I said simply.

"What's not to understand?" Said the Devil. "Ah, but of course you don't mean that. You mean you don't understand why."

"I guess so."

"The why is really notthing of significance." He replied, brushing the question aside. He took another bite, sipped from his wine, and dabbed once again at his mouth. "I'm rather too pressed for time for games. You're not the only appointment I've got today." Then he smiled, very wide. "Now. Do you want to hear my offer or not?"

"What if I say not?" I challenged him, a bold move I know, but what explanation could he offer?

"If you don't want to hear my proposal, then I shall simply go away," Said the Devil. "And, in case you're anxious, I will return to the ground without ill effects. But you will, I promise you, spend the rest of your life wondering what my offer was going to be." He called my bluff. He knew all too well that I would indeed wonder, and yes it would more than likely be for the rest of my life. I would probably drive myself crazy with wonder.

"What is this offer, then?" I asked. Perhaps playing along with the illusion would bring it to a swifter conclusion.

"I am glad you asked," Said the Devil. He leaned back, put his fingers together in a church-steeple, smiled thinly. He had a curiously unblinking stare. "It is simple enough. I offer to return to you the one woman you truely love."

"The one who got away." I said simply.

"Yes."

"Let me get this straight," I placed my elbows on the table before me, leaned foreward on to them. "My soul for the return of Darrien. POOF, you're gone and she and I live happily ever after until we die and I am then reunited with you for all of eternity?"

"Yes."

"If I decline..."

"I go POOF, and you gain nothing." He finished. He was right. The offer in and of itself was simplistic in nature. The choice however was difficult. "So, have we got ourselves a deal?" He asked.

"I...I..." I stammered nervously, wanting to be sure I would be making the right choice. "I need to think." I leaned back in my seat, he eyed me, watching intensly, adding that much more pressure to me. I could feel the sweat beads forming.

"It's a shame your real life deprives you of your needs. But I never will... " He paused, took a bite of his salmon and sipped once more before pushing his plate aside. He leaned foreward. "Consider my offer. Taste the possibilities. Think about me and what I can give you." He hissed out coolly. "Simply let me know when you are ready... But do hurry please, as I stated, I do have other appointments to attend to." He finished, leaning back into his seat and once again folding his long skinny fingers together in a church-steeple.

I closed my eyes, imagined her there before me. Darrien was beutiful, I thought to myself. Her slender frame balanced well with my own plump stature. Her hair was long and black. I let myself get lost in the blue seas that were her eyes. I remembered how soft her olive skin felt to touch. It was like silk underneath the pads of my fingertips. I thought of our times together, good and bad. Was she worth losing my soul though? That was what I didn't know. I had known her since I was 10, and everything in my life seemed to come back to her. I opened my eyes, he was checking his watch. Why couldn't he have given me more time? I wondered. I mean, hell, isn't that how they do it in the movies? But, this wasn't the moves now was it? This was real life I reminded myself. Maybe this is the help she and I needed to finally get it right? Or, perhaps this was fates way of letting me know once and for all to give up on that idea of "us" I thought inwardly. I loved her, but was that love worth losing me? I took a deep breath. "No deal." I said before I could stop myself. He looked taken aback.

"Final answer?"

"Final answer." I repeate, and POOF! Just like that he was gone. I know that she and I will never get another chance now, I know she's NOT the one. With the right one it won't come down to a choice. All the pieces will fall into place. Funny that it took lunch with the Devil for me to realize that...

THE END
Old 06-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Elite Fan

That is an interesting prompt and I definitely liked what you did with it!

enough already.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

That was a great story! I like the element of sassiness/boldness the character had in talking with the devil, and I like the decision they made, and their reason for it
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks! I have more of my originals over at my livejournal and on my myspace pages. For anyone interested, PM me and I'll send ya a link
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Just wanted to hear feedback to this question I have:

The current story I'm writing now is not a first person story. However, I might consider an epilogue that could be written in a first person category (mostly on a character reflecting thoughts on the aftermath of the story). Would this throw readers off if I make the switch to that or should I stick with the third person all the way?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I think if it's the epilogue, you can definitely do the first person. It might through them off if it was just a single chapter, but the epilogue, I think, can definitely be a different point of view than the rest of the story.

enough already.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you! Another friend of mine said something similar (though he said it along the lines of "It's okay if it's in an epilogue but in a random chapter in the story is a no-no.")
Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I definitely agree with your friend

enough already.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, so I got another opinionated question. How would you feel of an ethnic slur being used in a story, even if it was in one chapter? This particular chapter is focused on a flashback to a childhood past in the 1930s (where racism was abundant more so in those days).
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

For me, if it was used appropriately in the context of a cultural setting, I think it would be fine. If it wasn't gratuitous, and added to the reality and impact of the story, it could work.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow the sun (View Post)
For me, if it was used appropriately in the context of a cultural setting, I think it would be fine. If it wasn't gratuitous, and added to the reality and impact of the story, it could work.
I'll send you a PM with a snippet of the story note.

The ethnicity/race of the character isn't as significant as opposed to what breed she is associated with.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow the sun (View Post)
I can only agree.

enough already.