Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Fan

One Tree Hill fanfiction!(B/P friendship, plus other characters)*Ch 1 and 2 so far*

CH.1

“Felix, stop!” Brooke begged, fearing him again. Who knew that he could be so conieving, such a good liar? He promised she wouldn’t get hurt, but literally he was beating her. The blow came on her cheek, as she covered it up, horrified. It hurt so bad. “Why would I ever think of trusting another guy again?” she thought to herself. She should have known. Why say something stupid that he would disagree to?
Another punch landed her on the floor, and she was too weak to give up. Felix gave her a stare, than walked out of the room. He never had time for her.

Brooke’s eyes filled with tears as she pulled herself onto her bed. It was getting worse. At first it had been teasing, than had progressed to shoving, and finally punching. She wanted to tell Peyton, but was afraid of the consequences. Peyton knew that something was wrong though, and had tried to talk to her. It wouldn’t be long till she found out.

The next morning, the swelling had gotten bigger. Brooke cursed to herself. She was supposed to go shopping with Peyton and Haley today, and Peyton was going to come over before and hang out. How was she supposed to hide this?

The door opened to her room. Peyton looked around, and was surprised at how empty Brooke’s room was. She had gone through a hard few months, with her parents debt and all. Peyton looked at Brooke, and her mouth opened in surprise.

“Oh my God,” she whispered, as she hurried to Brooke. “What happened?”

Brooke tried to laugh it off. “Yesterday in cheer I fell,” she said, blantely lying.

Peyton shook her head worridly. “That’s bull**** and you know it. You’ve been getting hurt so much lately, Brooke. What’s happening?”
Brooke bit her lip, and tears welled up in her eyes. Peyton took her hand, and looked at her with concern.

“It’s Felix.. lately he’s been hitting me, and..and I don’t even know what I’ve been doing wrong. Everything I do is wrong, he makes me feel so worthless.” She took a few breaths, leaning her head onto Peyton’s lap. Peyton stroked Brooke’s hair. “I should have known,” she thought to herself. All those times Brooke had come to school with injuries,and always making excuses for them. “I should have known..” Peyton

“How did it start?” Peyton asked, trying hard not to cry. She felt like bursting into tears, but Brooke needed someone strong righ now. Brooke answered slowly,
“It started off with him teasing me, calling me chubby and stuff. Then I couldn’t say or do anything right. Remember that one night he “cancelled” his date with me? It was actually me being too scared to be with him alone, and than I got yelled at by him. About two months ago, he started to hit me. I wanted to tell you so much, and Lucas was starting to suspect something, too. Peyt, what are we gonna do? I’m so scared.”

Peyton was scared also. She was holding a crying Brooke in her arms. How could anyone do this to her best friend? One of the sweetest people in the world. Someone who loved so unconditionally.

“We’ll find a way, Brooke. I promise.” She hesitated. “ Listen, I’m gonna go call Hales and tell her we’ll go some other time, okay? We can just hang out here today, and you can crash here tonight,too.”
Brooke paled. “Don’t tell anyone yet, okay? I’ll tell Tutor Wife soon, but I’m not ready for anyone else. It’s too risky if anyone else found out.

Peyton nodded, as she walked out of the room. She leaned her head on the wall outside of her bedroom, eyes closed. This couldn’t be happening. Peyton looked up at the ceiling.
“God, Mom..? If anyone’s listning, please let Brooke be safe. Please, no-one can lose her. I know I don’t pray much, but this is really important.”
Peyton opened her eyes as tears ran freely down her cheek. She didn’t bother to wipe them off.
“What am I supposed to do?”

Ch.2

An Innocent Victim: Ch.2

Haley hung up the phone, confused. It wasn’t like Peyton to bail, but her “stuff she needed to handle” did sound important, and Peyton did seem upset. She wondered what was going on.
Nathan walked out of the bathroom, after having a shower. “So,are you going shopping with Peyton and Brooke today?”
Haley shook her head. “No, something came up.”
Nathan smiled. “Great, now I have you all to myself today.” He hugged her.
Haley sighed a bit. “Yeah, that’s great.” Her voice had an uncertainty to it, though.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hours had passed since Brooke had told Peyton the news. They both lay on Peyton’s bed, and neither of them had talked much, just took comfort in eachother. Every time the phone had rung though, they both jumped.

Peyton spoke. “So, what are you going to do?”
Brooke laid her head on Peyton’s shoulder. “Nothing?” she said.
“I don’t know, there’s nothing really I can do. I’m afraid if I break up with him, he’ll do something worse to me.”
Peyton hesistated before asking Brooke a question. “How many times has he hit you?” She was afraid of the answer. Brooke pulled her shirt up to reveal her stomach, and Peyton gasped. There were at least twenty bruises, in different stages and colors.

“God, Brooke. You have to tell someone other than me. You have to break up with him.. I mean, you can’t let yourself get hurt again.” Peyton said softly. This wasn’t fair. It wasn’t supposed to happen to Brooke.
“Who am I going to tell?” Brooke was getting upset. “Who do we know well enough that could actually do something?”
Peyton thought for a bit. “Karen?”
Brooke thought about it tooh. “I don’t know. Maybe.” She shrugged. “Let’s figure it out tomorrow, okay?”

Peyton nodded, and threw Brooke some pj’s. They both crawled in bed, and Peyton turned off the light. Both girls were silent for a few minutes, until Brooke said, “Thanks Peyton, for everything. I wouldn’t know what I would do if you weren’t here.”
“I’m always here for you,” replied Peyton as she hugged Brooke to her. “You know that. ‘Night Brooke.”
“ ‘Night Peyton.”

Brooke entered the coffeehouse the next morning. She was literally shaking. Brooke wasn’t the kind of person who would accept help that easily, but desperate measures cost for desperate needs. Brooke recoiled. Instead of Karen behind the counter, it was Lucas. She sighed. They were friends now, but each were being careful with one another. Lucas was being especially careful not to hurt Brooke again.
“Hey Brooke,” he said as he handed her a cup of coffee.
Brooke accepted it, as she said teasingly, “You’re working here now?”
“Helping Mom out today- she’s out with Andy today.” Lucas replied.
Brooke opened her mouth, and then closed it again. Lucas looked at her oddly.
“What’s up?” he asked.

“Nothing you need to know about,” she replied, keeping her guard up.
Brooke looked upset. “Come on Brooke. Tell me. We’re friends now, you know you can tell me anything.”
He was gazing at her arm. A large bruise was starting to form there. Lucas came around the table, and pulled her by the hand to the back.
“How did this happen?” he demanded. “Who hurt you?”
Brooke hesistated. “It was Felix,” she admitted. “He’s been doing this for awhile.”
Lucas closed his eyes. This couldn’t be happening. “I’m sorry.”
“For what?” Brooke asked, confused.
“I should have known. I should have done something.”Lucas said.
Brooke shook her head slightly. “It’s not your fault. No-one knew. Not even Peyton, I just told her last night.”
“Does anyone else know?” Lucas asked.
“Haley is going to, soon. I was thinking of maybe telling Karen too, I’m not sure though. Anyways, Luke, I’ve gotta go, Peyton and I are going to go tell Haley.”
Lucas hugged her closely to him. He wanted to be with her so badly, but he knew how important Brooke and Peyton were to eachother, especially at a time like this. After it was all over he would go for it, but right now friendship was more important.

(More on the way! Next- Haley finds out)
Old 12-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Welcome to the fanfic board gg_all_da_way. I'm going to close this thread as it is a duplicate of the existing OTH fic thread. Please feel free to repost your fic there. Cheers.

fics | vids | stupid little life