Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Okay, I double-checked with my boyfriend, and the Metropolis paper is actually called the Planet, not the Daily Planet.

Why? Because it's only published once a week!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

OMG, that is just toooo funny. That's definitely on my list of places to visit.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

That is so cute!

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-02-2004, 03:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Hee!

Crossbow while you are in the midwest visiting Metropolis you could also make a side trip to visit Hell, Michigan. I've never been, but when hubby and I lived in Indiana, one of the local radio stations used to have a contest called "send your boss to Hell" where the prize would be a trip to Hell, Michigan for your boss. I found it amusing anyway, but then again Indiana winters are looooong.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Nymph
Hee!

Crossbow while you are in the midwest visiting Metropolis you could also make a side trip to visit Hell, Michigan. I've never been, but when hubby and I lived in Indiana, one of the local radio stations used to have a contest called "send your boss to Hell" where the prize would be a trip to Hell, Michigan for your boss. I found it amusing anyway, but then again Indiana winters are looooong.
Oh, awesome! I have to collect all these. My roommate and I want to take a massive road trip some day - I'll make sure these are on the list! I also have to visit Boring, Oregon.

But wait... Hell isn't really Gary, Indiana? Huh.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
I also have to visit Boring, Oregon.
Oh no! That's terrible!

I'm loving all these awesome place names.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

My mom always says she wants to move to Rhododendron, Oregon. You could also put Weed, CA on your list.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's about a month into the season, so I was wondering if anyone's been surprised by fandoms that have sprung up or not sprung up, or shows that have surprised them.

I've been a little surprised by Lost - it seems like all of my online friends are watching it, and I guess I wasn't expecting it to be quite *that* popular. It's been nice to see some of my favorite Roswell authors writing in this fandom. I've also been surprised that I like Life As We Know It, although its 9 pm Thursday timeslot makes me think it won't survive the season.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Catalinay
II've been a little surprised by Lost - it seems like all of my online friends are watching it, and I guess I wasn't expecting it to be quite *that* popular. It's been nice to see some of my favorite Roswell authors writing in this fandom.
Lost is the only new show I like, in part because it's the only show on network anymore with that alternate reality feel, which is what got me watching Roswell, Buffy/Angel, X-Files, and other shows no longer on the air. But the characters are so new, and the plot twists so surprising so far, that it's hard for me to imagine writing fic based on it. The universe hasn't been defined well enough yet. Can you recommend any stories/sites (any genre)?
Old 10-22-2004, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiedude
Lost is the only new show I like, in part because it's the only show on network anymore with that alternate reality feel, which is what got me watching Roswell, Buffy/Angel, X-Files, and other shows no longer on the air. But the characters are so new, and the plot twists so surprising so far, that it's hard for me to imagine writing fic based on it. The universe hasn't been defined well enough yet. Can you recommend any stories/sites (any genre)?
I'm glad it isn't just me, I need a lot more definition to the universe before I can even consider writing in it. And while I enjoy the show I'm not sure whether I'll really get into it enough to read a lot of fic, let alone write... but Lost is the only new show so far this year I even might read fic for.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

The only Lost fic I've seen so far has been on fanfiction.net (I haven't really gone looking yet, though.)

There's a link to the Lost section at ff.net and some recs over at the Lost fic thread