Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
I think he's maybe learned his lesson though, if the look of shock/fear on his face after Castiel said he'd throw him back in Hell is anything to go by. I think he's realised that Castiel is not to be messed with. I've no doubt he'll still be snarky, because that's our Dean for you, but he'll probably tone it down
I think Dean's snakiness is like a form of tourettes. He just can't help himself. It will be interesting to see how Dean treats Castiel now. I sure he'll try to be good but I think he's still wary about Castiel and has issues with him.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I agree. Dean's most likely still gonna be a smartass with Castiel but I'm sure that he's gonna take him a lot more seriously.
[Janine]
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh there is no hope in um a bad place, that Dean will cut all wise cracks, it's just not in him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ And we wouldn't want him any other way, right?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oatsocute (View Post)
^ And we wouldn't want him any other way, right?
Damn straight! He wouldn't be Dean without the snark.

I think you're definitely right about him still having issues with Castiel, it'll be interesting to see how he resolves those.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I'm definitely intrigued as to how he's gonna get over that. I know it's totally gonna take a while for him to warm up to the idea that the one supernatural being he doesn't believe in exists and actually saved him.
[Janine]
Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

^ I think the biggest thing he's got to overcome is why he was saved. I really hope Castiel starts showing Dean how special he is soon.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you all still want an art? Cause I have to make some Jake 50K stuff sometime this weekend and hopefully that'll bring my art muse back long enough to make a pretty of these two

You'll need to show me your favorite caps of them so far tho
Old 10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yes please Jenn! An art would be great!

You just have to use this pic with the phrase "touched by an angel"

Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oatsocute (View Post)
^ I think the biggest thing he's got to overcome is why he was saved. I really hope Castiel starts showing Dean how special he is soon.
I really hope so. I hope Dean lets him, too.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

LoveloveLOVED all of the Dean/Castiel interaction in this week's episode The way Castiel kept dropping in on Dean and scaring him The fact that he turned up at the end and put a hand on Dean's shoulder to try and comfort him, alleviate his pain And the intense end scene, where he told Dean to stop Sam or they would? Jensen and Misha rocked all their scenes together, AGAIN. They're too awesome
Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

^ I love how much Castiel understands Dean, more then Dean understands himself.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some of you have already seen this on the SPN board, but I'm bringing it over because Sadia reminded me which thread we were talking about this happening on. I couldn't for the life of me remember which thread it was.

From Misha's new interview here

Quote:
TV.com: I guess the jury is still out on that one, then. Castiel is a very serious character--he's bringing the pain of the Holy Ghost. I know part of Supernatural's appeal is some of the humor. Is Castiel going lighten up a bit?
Misha Collins: So far in the scripts I've read, I have not uttered any witty quips. But I think the idea is that angels don't really understand irony, they have no experience with satire. And if Castiel does end up being quippy or witty or anything anywhere along the line, I think it'll be a learned trait that he acquires from Dean and not something that he's bringing to the table on his own accord.
I love that cap! I love that we got touchage! not only once but TWICE! I love how sad Castiel was feeling for Dean, when Dean couldn't save his family. I'm not sure Castiel is convinced that Dean was worth saving, but moments like this is letting him see why he was saved, and it shows him how much heart Dean has. Another great moment was when Castiel asked if he cared about the people that would die.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
Some of you have already seen this on the SPN board, but I'm bringing it over because Sadia reminded me which thread we were talking about this happening on. I couldn't for the life of me remember which thread it was.

From Misha's new interview here

I love that cap! I love that we got touchage! not only once but TWICE! I love how sad Castiel was feeling for Dean, when Dean couldn't save his family. I'm not sure Castiel is convinced that Dean was worth saving, but moments like this is letting him see why he was saved, and it shows him how much heart Dean has. Another great moment was when Castiel asked if he cared about the people that would die.
Oh, I think he is convinced. I think he can see beyond, Dean's attitude. But I think he's having trouble figuring out how to deal with it. I think he doesn't have a lot of practise on handle attirude like that, since most people meeting an angel drops the attitude right there and then.

leave it to Dean to do the exact opposite and give even one of of God's angels the run for the money.

Alone together in a world of evil - Dean and Sam Winchester
"After all is said and done, one and one still is one"

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_in_Faith (View Post)
Oh, I think he is convinced. I think he can see beyond, Dean's attitude. But I think he's having trouble figuring out how to deal with it. I think he doesn't have a lot of practise on handle attirude like that, since most people meeting an angel drops the attitude right there and then.
That's a really good point. He said himself he hasn't been to Earth in 2000 years, so I imagine being amongst humanity and having to deal with interacting with people (even if it is only Dean so far) must be alien and unfamiliar.

I think Castiel must believe Dean was worth saving on some level, because surely he knows all the good Dean has done, and he's seen it for himself through the years. At the very least, he was surprised when he realised Dean himself didn't think he deserved to be save, which indicates that Castiel at least thought he did.

Sorry, there's lots of "he's" in there, I don't know if that made sense!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread