Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well from now, because Rupert hasn't done much

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 02-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Emma and Dan didn't do much more either - they just get more coverage in the media

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 02-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No no, Emma and Dan have movies coming out and filmign things that will actually be out in theaters. Emma's movie Noah is coming out this year, and she got attached to another movie sometime last week. So she has 3 movies to film. Dan is filming a movie and has a couple in the pipeline.

I actually don't see much press about them except when it comes to movie roles.

In comparison, Rupert has 1 movie in the pipeline which we aren't even sure will make it to a lot of theaters.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 02-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

imdb lists 25 movies for Rupert, 19 for Emma and 26 for Daniel

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
what is " a little while"? five years? ten?
Realistically, I'd like to see them do a movie together that is nothing like Harry Potter. Hopefully within the next decade, but no sooner than say 2016. I actually have a rough idea of what I want the movie to be about but let's face it, I get pretty crappy ideas. I don't think it would be a Hollywood Blockbuster.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
imdb lists 25 movies for Rupert, 19 for Emma and 26 for Daniel
Yeah but how many of those Rupert films did many people see?

Plus it is what they are doing now since HP is over is what is important. They need to break any stereotype of people only seeing them as their HP character and broaden their horizons by working with other actors/directors

Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

and how many saw Dan's movies?
a few of Emma's were released here but not because she was the star in it, but because of her co-stars
lets agree to disagree on this?

Bec, like them being in a Horror movie or a Drama like "Schindler's List"?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We can agree to disagree,

It doesn't change the fact for me that in comparison to the other two, Rupert hasn't done much (especially since the end of HP). I don't think the other two have this great filmography or that they are better (not at all) but at least they are getting roles/being in movies and some of those movies are actually getting wider release. I don't watch their movies and Rupert hasn't made one that has interested me either.
So basically it all comes back down to them teaming up for a movie 7 years or more from this time period, because they haven't done filmed enough separately since the end of HP but esp Rupert.

Last edited by Monique19; 02-13-2014 at 11:38 AM
Old 02-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What are we talking about?

Icon by sourburst
Old 02-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

about Rupert not working enough compared to Emma&Dan

Old 02-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Exactly, Trude!

Well, I was looking at Rupert's credits the other day and compared to Dan & Emma, he has done a bit more than them. But the thing is, he doesn't get as much spotlight as they do.

Hopefully that changes in the upcoming years.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

His personality I think makes him be in the background, he is shyer and he doesn't mind being in the background.

He just needs that good role that will vault him higher where people will start to look at him in a different light. There aren't many good male young actors to me, so now is the time for him to step up and hopefully get that role.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

you think he'd have it easier if he were blond or brunette?

Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe it would, but it also can be the typecast in that they offer him more best friend roles. He needs to be the one really be assertive in looking, and not just waiting for scripts to be sent because those are probably the roles he mostly gets offered.

He has the talent and maybe the hair plays a part but I don't think so. Heck Jessica Chastain is a redhead and she is really doing well.

Taylor Lautner is a brunette and right now he doesn't have roles, as people are seeing that his talent isn't there.

So I think Rupert has to probably go do auditions to get those other type of roles.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I guess being a redhead is one of the few instances in life, where women have it easier to be considered sexy/desireable? or so I guess when reading through comments on various posts about celebrities

but yeah, TL is a good example where lack of talent is clearly showing its effects

Closed Thread   Post New Thread