Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

2nd Annual Gingers Awards! HAPPY 19th, RUPERT! The winners are listed in the 1st post

The Gingers

Welcome to the 2nd Annual Rupert Awards, The Gingers!
Celebrating the best of Rupert's work from August 24, 2006 to August 24, 2007 in honor of his birthday

Happy 19th Birthday, dear Rupert!!

May you have lots of joy and happiness in the coming year, and lots of laughter!
And may the coming year be as wonderfully successful as this past one!

And Now On To The Winners...

Rupert's Best Overall ‘Driving Lessons’ Performance
  • WINNER Arguing with Evie on the side of the road after leaving Scotland. ~ 40%
  • Ben performing Shakespeare with Evie in her garden. ~ 30%
  • Pleading with Evie at her door, to let him in so they can talk, when he “escapes” from the play.~ 20%
  • The scene with Ben and his mom in his bedroom when he’s sitting on his bed silently fuming and angry at his mother for her not wanting him to associate with “that actress!”. ~ 10%
  • Ben’s nervousness and awkwardness around Bryonny in her apartment. (after the salsa club) ~ 0%

Rupert’s Best Overall ‘Order of the Phoenix’ Performance
  • WINNER Ron defending Harry to Seamus and the other students in the Gryffindor common room. ~ 42%
  • Ron’s jealousy of Grawp when the giant takes a fancy to Hermione. ~ 24%
  • Downplaying the fact that Hermione disarmed him after their duel. ~ 17%
  • The quiet pained look he shows, when Harry snaps at him, after defending him in the common room, and then silently leaving their dorm room. ~ 11%
  • Facing Death Eaters in the Hall of Prophecy. ~ 0%

Best Humorous ‘Ben Marshall’ Moment
  • WINNER When Ben suddenly stops the car after he discovers that Evie isn’t a qualified motorist. ~ 50%
  • Wanting to choke the car key out of Evie after she deliberately swallowed it. ~ 20%
  • Scrambling to get dressed after his night with Bryonny and he leaves by saying, “Thank you, for having me.”. ~ 20%
  • When he runs into Sarah and her friends at the local pool. ~ 10%
  • Stumbling and dropping Ben & Evie’s luggage in the hotel lobby in Scotland. ~ 0%

Best Humorous ‘Ron Weasley’ Moment (OotP)
  • WINNER When Ron attacks Grawp with a tree branch. ~ 42%
  • Wearing the horrid sweater his mother gave him for Christmas. ~ 17%
  • His ”It’s been known to happen” moment on the bridge, when Hermione praises him for his cleverness in tricking and getting away from Umbridge’s Inquisitor Squad. ~ 17%
  • Snickering in Snape’s classroom when Umbridge is “evaluating” him, and then Snape hitting him on the head when she leaves. ~ 17%
  • Ron being disarmed by Hermione after he cockily tells her he’ll “go easy on her.”. ~ 7%

Best Heartfelt/Touching ‘Ben Marshall’ Moment
  • WINNER Coming to say goodbye to Evie to tell her he’s going away to college and reciting the poem he wrote for her… “you made it alright to be me.”. ~ 40%
  • Ben’s talk with his dad in their backyard, after his mom has left. ~ 30%
  • When he picks up Evie off the floor when he finds her drunk, then moves her to the couch, and staying with her. ~ 20%
  • When he runs to the poetry recital and he guides Evie away because she’s a total mess for screwing up her reading. ~ 10%
  • When he and Evie are on their camping trip and they’re laying on an air mattress and she listens to him reciting something he wrote. ~ 0%

Best Ben/Evie Moment
  • WINNER Their heated argument over the fact that Ben let her down when she needed him the most (when they’ve left Scotland). ~ 50%
  • Their “goodbye”. ~ 30%
  • When Evie tricks him into going camping with her and they set off on their excursion. ~ 10%
  • When Evie swallows the car key and he’s upset because he knows his mother will not be pleased. ~ 10%
  • When they meet for the first time. ~ 0%

Best Ron/Hermione Moment
  • WINNER The look they share over the kitchen table when they are given their Christmas presents. ~ 45%
  • WINNER The Grawp scene. ~ 45%
  • Their banter after Harry tells them about his kiss with Cho. ~ 10%
  • Their glance on the train. ~ 0%
  • In the Great Hall, when Ron is wolfing down a sausage and Hermione’s like “Do you ever stop eating?”, and Ron responds with his mouth full, “I’m hungry!”, and then she puts her hand to her head and laughs. ~ 0%

Rupert’s Best On-Screen Chemistry
  • WINNER with Emma Watson (Hermione, OotP) ~ 58%
  • with Julie Walters (Evie, DL) ~ 33%
  • with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry, OotP) ~ 9%
  • with Laura Linney (Laura, DL) ~ 0%
  • with Michelle Duncan (Bryonny, DL) ~ 0%

Best Ben Marshall Quote
  • WINNER ”She needs me, she’s my friend.” ~ 30%
  • WINNER “**** off, Sarah.” ~ 30%
  • ”Thank you, for having me.” ~ 20%
  • ”I can’t leave until she poos it out.” ~ 10%
  • ”I live on my own now, in the garden.” ~ 10%

Best Ron Weasley ‘Order of the Phoenix’ Quote
  • WINNER "Hermione, you are honestly the most wonderful person I’ve ever met, and if I’m ever rude to you again…” ~ 33%
  • ”One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.” ~ 25%
  • "I let her do that. It’s good manners isn’t it. It was… completely intentional.” ~ 17%
  • ”You just stay away from her, you hear?” ~ 17%
  • ”It’s been known to happen.” ~ 8%

Best Review of Rupert’s Work in ‘Driving Lessons’
  • WINNER ”He maintains the character beautifully, letting us travel from inexperience to the first whiff of self-discovery and independence. It’s a remarkably subtle coming-of-age story, and nothing we’ve seen Grint do before quite prepares us for the delicacy of this performance.” ~ 30%

• ”Rupert Grint is best known as Ron, the hapless sidekick in the Harry Potter films. So moviegoers might be excused for relegating him to supporting-actor status. But ‘Driving Lessons’, a comedy drama in which he co-stars with Julie Walters and Laura Linney, proves that he has what it takes to be a leading man.” ~ 20%

• ”17 – the age of terrific young actor Rupert Grint, the redheaded sidekick who finally steps out of Harry Potter’s shadow and shambles his way into a breakout performance in ‘Driving Lessons’." ~ 20%

• ”Grint has definitely proved himself as a mature actor with his strong execution and priceless reactions to Walters.” ~ 10%

• ”Being awarded the lead role due to his being criminally underused as ‘Ron Weasley’ in the last two Harry Potter instalments, it proves a wise choise as Grint shines as Ben… Grint plays Ben’s initial reticence well, and as his character flourishes during the course of his friendship with Evie, as an actor Grint growns. Casting off the shackles of Harry Potter, his charm lies in his ability to say very little whilst his earnest expressions manage to encapsulate awkwardness, passion and general teenage angst all at one.” ~ 10%

• ”It’s a brave move for Grint, who takes his first steps into grown-up cinema with ‘Driving Lessons’ and displays talent that seems certain of guaranteeing him a long career as an actor. There’s a distinction to be made between performance and acting and the big-budget-effects-driven world of the Potter films certainly play to the former category. Here he’s acting and while the part may not be entirely removed from who Grint is as a person, his off-screen persona never once intrudes.” ~ 10%

• "Rupert Grint has his first grown-up leading man role in ‘Driving Lessons’… such a likeable kid it is fun to see him being manly and getting the girl. Grint is not just a flaky, red-haired sidekick to Harry Potter; he is an actor of growing assurance who looks to enjoy a long, fruitful career.” ~ 0%

• ”The hero of ‘Driving Lessons’ is a gawky, artistic Christian teen… choosing red-headed Rupert Grint to play the ultimate outcast proves a shrewd casting choice… with eyes downcast under dusty-white eyelashes, (that) Grint doesn’t beg your sympathy, he demands it.” ~ 0%

• ”Grint plays the bemused straight man to Walters’ dotty old bird with aplomb and proves that he should have a career after graduating from a certain wizards’ school.” ~ 0%

Best Review of Rupert’s Work in ‘Order of the Phoenix’
  • WINNER ”Of the three friends that take most of the screen time, it is Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley who displays the most promise as an actor, but ironically he is the least used of the three.” ~ 42%

• ”The tension, the interest, and the emotional tug all have to come from the character interaction and that component is solidly in place. That is not a little due to Grint, who though playing a wizard, provides the mortal, accessible, touch as the hapless but not hopeless sidekick, never quite at ease, but always game, more or less, and more importantly, always ready to be the rock Harry can count on when he’s not sure he can count on himself. Watson has Hermione’s flinty intellect, and Radcliffe has Harry’s showy inner torment to work with, but Grint gives Ron a goofy sort of tenderness that is not just sweet, it’s a refreshing counterpoint to all the dark doings." ~ 34%

• ”And blimey if Rupert Grint doesn’t storm the barricades of boyishness to find something emergent, touching and vital in Ron Weasley.” ~ 8%

• ”No longer is Ron Weasley at the butt-end of all the jokes, with Rupert Grint giving us what is his most accomplished performance yet." ~ 8%

• ”Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) has an important part in this film and Grint shows how he has grown into this role. He's much more impressive this time around." ~ 8%

• ”Ron (Rupert Grint, getting progressively better)… The surprise of the series is, and remains, Rupert Grint's blossoming as an actor. I wanted to throttle him constantly during the first two films, but he's shown remarkable progress since then, and I was genuinely happy to see him onscreen.” ~ 0%

• ”Grint may look ordinary but the realism and resolve he puts into Ron translates well on screen." ~ 0%

• ”Grint is the superb middleman between Harry and Hermione, and has nearly switched places with Hermione to be the "levelheaded" one of the group." ~ 0%

• ”Grint is improving as a lumbering but lovable presence, adding more to the ensemble than he has before.” ~ 0%

Rupert’s Best Red Carpet Appearance
  • WINNER Rupert at the Order of the Phoenix Premiere in London (July 3, 2007)- HERE ~ 58%
  • Rupert at the Driving Lessons Premiere in London (September 4, 2006)- HERE ~ 33%
  • Rupert at the Driving Lessons Premiere in NYC (October 11, 2007)- HERE ~ 9%
  • Rupert at the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Premiere in London (June 12, 2007)- HERE ~ 0%
  • Rupert at the 2007 NME Awards (March 1, 2007)- HERE ~ 0%

Best Thing about Rupert being in Driving Lessons
  • WINNER Seeing him in a completely different role to Ron Weasley. ~ 50%
  • The wonderful reviews of his performance. ~ 30%
  • Seeing him involved in a low-budget, independent and smaller-scale movie. ~ 20%
  • Working with the actors in the movie. ~ 0%
  • The role of Ben Marshall that he got to portray. ~ 0%

Best Thing about Rupert being in Order of the Phoenix
  • WINNER Getting to play a braver, stronger Ron, more canon-like. ~ 64%
  • Playing the well-loved character of Ron Weasley. ~ 18%
  • Seeing him perform on the big screen again. ~ 18%
  • Working with the crop of older and established British actors. ~ 0%
  • The box office success of the movie. ~ 0%

Rupert's Best Written Interview
  • WINNER The West Magazine (June 2007) HERE ~ 50%
  • @ TheMovies (July 17, 2007) HERE ~ 42%
  • Ventura County Star (July 18, 2007) HERE ~ 8%
  • Knoxville News Sentinel (July 4, 2007) HERE ~ 0%
  • The Ticket (September 2006) HERE ~ 0%

Rupert's Best Talk Show or Video Interview
  • WINNER Secret’s Out with Leonard Maltin (October 22, 2006) HERE ~ 50%
  • The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson (July 13, 2007) HERE ~ 34%
  • Reelz Channel (January 17, 2007) HERE ~ 8%
  • IESB.net (July 2007) HERE ~ 8%
  • FOX News (July 24, 2007) HERE ~ 0%

Rupert's Best News Item
  • WINNER Getting his hands/feet/wand imprinted in cement in Los Angeles. ~ 50%
  • WINNER Buying his ice cream truck. ~ 50%
  • The release of Driving Lessons in theaters. ~ 0&
  • Driving Lessons coming out on DVD. ~ 0%
  • Signing on to do the last 2 HP movies. ~ 0%
  • Taking part in the promotion of Order of the Phoenix’ (press junkets, premieres, etc.) ~ 0%
  • The release of Order of the Phoenix in theaters. ~ 0%
  • Rupert voicing ‘Ron’ for the OotP Video Game. ~ 0%
  • Set to start shooting Half-Blood Prince in September. ~ 0%

Thank you to everyone who voted! I hope you all enjoyed this year’s awards!!

Last edited by darcybennett; 08-24-2007 at 06:15 AM
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Moderator Manager

i will vote! i'm gonna have to think of the categories very well first.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Thank you to those who've already voted!

And for those who haven't yet, you have until August 23rd, so still a lot of time left... but don't be like Ron and wait until the last minute.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just sent my votes...
It was hard to pick just one answer for most of the questions...

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Ellipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Thank you, Ashlie. Got 'em.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

just sent my votes in!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

I am going to vote but not for awhile, some of them I have to think about for awhile.
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Darcy
Wonder what the results will be..

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Ellipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Thank you, Lauren! Got your PM.

Bella- thank you! Looking forward to your votes. You still have time, so no worries.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Moderator Manager

i'm gonna PM you soon, Darcy. still thinking hard.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Thank you, Lindsay! Got your PM.

Just a friendly reminder guys... you have exactly ONE week to place your votes! Try not putting it off until the last minute, please. Thank you!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Moderator Manager

ooooh, i can't wait for the results!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Sent my votes in!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Moderator Manager

can't wait for Friday.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Thank you very much, Jenn! Got 'em!

Don't forget you only have until late Thursday (EST) to place your votes... so, PM me your choices as soon as possible!
Reply   Post New Thread