Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked both seasons - I might need to watch Season 3 again, 'cause there are a couple of things I don't really remember. I loved how intense Season 3 was, The Carver storyline really got me hooked, even though I wasn't incredibly delighted with the ending. Season 4, IMO, was darker. There was this serious tone about the entire season, the angst between Sean and Christian, especially with (annoying) Michelle in the middle. Overall, I think both seasons were great.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor (View Post)
I really liked both seasons - I might need to watch Season 3 again, 'cause there are a couple of things I don't really remember. I loved how intense Season 3 was, The Carver storyline really got me hooked, even though I wasn't incredibly delighted with the ending.
Many, many people did not like the way season 3 ended. What upset you the most about it? Was it the fact Quentin and Kit got away? Or was it that fact that Quentin turned out to be the Carver? I had this whole theory on how the Carver was Julia. I was so sure about it.

Quote:
Season 4, IMO, was darker. There was this serious tone about the entire season, the angst between Sean and Christian, especially with (annoying) Michelle in the middle. Overall, I think both seasons were great.
Interesting, I don't think I've heard season 4 being called darker than the past seasons before. Season 3 was more of this thriller/horror season with the whole Carver issue but your right about season 4. Overall it was darker than anything we have seen before. It had this emotional darkness with the characters and their situations. A look into the inner pain of these characters that we have grown to love. More so this season with Sean then anyone else.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Many, many people did not like the way season 3 ended. What upset you the most about it? Was it the fact Quentin and Kit got away? Or was it that fact that Quentin turned out to be the Carver? I had this whole theory on how the Carver was Julia. I was so sure about it.
Julia as The Carver? Do share that theory, please I actually liked that Quentin and Kit got away, but I'm not so sure if I like Quentin being the Carver in the first place. That ending seemed so forced, it was like in a bad thriller, where the writers just want to come up with easy solutions for everything. I really liked Quentin's character, and I wanted him to stick around for a while, I wanted to know more about him. I don't really feel like I've learned anything new based on Kit's 5 minutes explanation about the Carver's past.

Quote:
It had this emotional darkness with the characters and their situations. A look into the inner pain of these characters that we have grown to love. More so this season with Sean then anyone else.
Christian having to face his feelings for Sean, not knowing where he really stands; Sean and Julia dealing with the baby's problem, Sean dealing with the memories of his past... I really felt for Sean in Season 4. He's my favorite character, but I gotta say, he annoys the hell out of me sometimes. And in Season 4 I've seen such an honest and weak side of him, he seemed much more human to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Julia as The Carver? Do share that theory, please
I have it down somewhere on an old thread maybe here or on the tv board. I'll have to look for it later. It all has to do with the episode Sean McNamara in season 2.

Quote:
I actually liked that Quentin and Kit got away, but I'm not so sure if I like Quentin being the Carver in the first place. That ending seemed so forced, it was like in a bad thriller, where the writers just want to come up with easy solutions for everything.
It did seem forced like a cop out. I know that they never intended the Carver to be such a huge thing when they introduced the character but it was. Showing us a new character and using him as the scapegoat when they had the chance to do something huge with the reveal was a mistake IMO.

Quote:
I really liked Quentin's character, and I wanted him to stick around for a while, I wanted to know more about him. I don't really feel like I've learned anything new based on Kit's 5 minutes explanation about the Carver's past.
Quentin did add a certain mix to things. He may have hooked up with Christian this season when he was questioning his feelings for Sean. I would have liked to see Kit stick around more though. She was something else.

Quote:
Christian having to face his feelings for Sean, not knowing where he really stands; Sean and Julia dealing with the baby's problem, Sean dealing with the memories of his past... I really felt for Sean in Season 4. He's my favorite character, but I gotta say, he annoys the hell out of me sometimes. And in Season 4 I've seen such an honest and weak side of him, he seemed much more human to me.

Sean is the best character in the show. He doesn't really annoy me at times but a few times I have found myself wondering why he does what he does. Like with Monica. I didn't expect him to cheat on Julia with her but it happened.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
I have it down somewhere on an old thread maybe here or on the tv board. I'll have to look for it later. It all has to do with the episode Sean McNamara in season 2.
Please, do look for it. I'm curious to read your insights

Quote:
He may have hooked up with Christian this season when he was questioning his feelings for Sean.
That would certainly have been interesting. I'm still a little bitter about Quentin, I think he could've stayed on the show. I'd much rather see Christian interacting with him than with Michelle, for example.

Quote:
Sean is the best character in the show. He doesn't really annoy me at times but a few times I have found myself wondering why he does what he does. Like with Monica. I didn't expect him to cheat on Julia with her but it happened.
Can't argue with that The Monica storyline really surprised me - now that I've watched the entire season I can't shake the feeling that they made Sean cheat on Julia because they were planning for her to cheat on him. It was like a way to make them even. I really can't think of a "purpose" for the whole Monica thing other than that
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone. My name is Tatyana.
I love Nip/Tuck. My favorite season was Season 3,because of Quentin Costa.
My favorite character is Julia,maybe because she's very complicated person,and she's always searching to find herself. I love Sean and Christian too.
Sean/Julia ; Christian/Kimber ; Sean/Christian : for me this is the best they could ever be.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Tatyana!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Welcome Tatyana! I'm Michael. It's interesting to see someone who's favorite character is Julia. What do you feel has been the best Julia episode?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Michael

Well the episode with the dream,when she saw what would be like if she had chosen Christian.I really enjoyed the episode.All her life she though she wanted to be with Christian,but she found that the one she wonted was beside her all these years-Sean.

Back to the beginning...
icon by antedka

Last edited by seduction; 01-30-2007 at 10:29 PM
Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Julia as The Carver? Do share that theory, please
I've tried looking for it but can not find it. It must have been lost in the server crash a while back.

Tatyana - It's ver interesting to hear such a romantic take on that episode. As someone who relates more to Sean I can tell you that was not my viewpoint. The Julia appreciation thread is here.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi I'm Sidney. And I love Nip/Tuck! It's easily one of the best shows on TV and I can't wait for it to return. My favorite character is Sean and then Matt.

Syd&Vaughn Buffy&Spike Lee&Kara Michael&Maria
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Sidney! I'm Ashley. Hope to see you around the boards.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

Hi Sidney! I'm Michael or Mike, or Sub. I also love Sean. He is my favorite character on the show.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Total Fan

Hi Sidney! Welcome to the board!