Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if the gay plot will be mentioned in season 5 at all, or if it's all wrapped up now?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure it's been wrapped up, even though I don't think it should be. I thought it was an interesting way to explore Christian deeper.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from that one funny dream, they really didn't do that much with it either. I liked how great Sean was with Christian when he found out about it, but considering it was a plot about the two main characters relationship, I do feel a bit cheated that more time was spend on Michelle's problems than on the gay plot

And wasn't there that guy at the gym that they seemed to be setting up for Christian to try gay sex with. Or did I imagine that's what they were setting up
Old 04-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

I think that we will see more of the "gay plot" but only in regards to Christian and not on his relationship with Sean. I think they wrapped that up in a nice package. Sean thought Christian was in love with him and let him down gently. I can't see them repeating that scene and I don not think our boys will ever be together like that.

However, there has always been plays on Christian's sexuality throughout the years. I can't see them just ignoring that. Especially with what happened between Michelle. Another relationship with a women that Christian cared for fails. Of course if the future episode is true then I doubt Christian is gay since he had those two women with him. He might be bi-sexual though or perhaps just experiments.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wondered why even the writers kept saying that they never saw Christian as gay, because I agree about bisexuality being a definite possibility I don't think that was even brought up was it? Just Christian fearing he was gay
Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

I guess we'll never really know if Christian is bisexual unless we see him with a man. Because of the high amount of doubt around his sexuality we'll have to see him with one. Until then everytime a man comes on to him and he pushes them away some can say that he is just afraid to admit it to himself. Others will say that he isn't bisexual or gay. There is really no way to prove that he isn't.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it's hard to know if Christian is bisexual or not

It just feels like the writers are avoiding the issue when they make comments like Christian is obviously not gay, he likes women too much. Hello bisexuality! And they already wrote Quentin as bi, so it shouldn't be such a foreign concept to them to consider that Christian could like men as well, whilst still being just as into women
Old 04-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
Yeah it's hard to know if Christian is bisexual or not

It just feels like the writers are avoiding the issue when they make comments like Christian is obviously not gay, he likes women too much. Hello bisexuality! And they already wrote Quentin as bi, so it shouldn't be such a foreign concept to them to consider that Christian could like men as well, whilst still being just as into women
I wonder if the writers are familiar with the psychiatric concepts of over compensating and/or denial.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

As much as I would love to see them explore this some more, I think it was only a plot device to introduce Faith, which tied into the whole Christian/Michelle thing.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a shame because the season 4 premiere was so good, and made it seem like it would be a big issue for the season
Old 04-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I know! Maybe they were going to do something with it, but decided to drop it in favor of something else?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In favour of Michelle
Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Well I dont think that Christian is gay or even bi for that matter. I just think that since he was abused when he was a child intimacy is a real problem for him. So his friendship with Sean can seem like something more but really is a strong friendship.

If anything, all his relationships fail because he truly is in love with Julia. Yes yes I know in other threads I made it clear that I am a Christian and Julia shipper but if you really think about it it always seems to go back to them. Julia is married and dreams about being with Christian and Christian has been with many woman and came close to marrying two of them but at Kimbers wedding he doubted it because of Julia and in this season Julia {Forget her real name{ had to leave in real life to take care of her sick daughter so they couldn't explore it further.

Sean and Christian are like brothers and it can seem like more but I don't see it. Julia and Sean are the only two constant good forces in his life and have been for a long time so attachments to them are expected.

I love the friendship!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

love this friendship
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Michelle was a bad storyline! But I can't completely fault it because it did bring in Jacqueline Bisset who I adore!