Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Banned

The Pilot - Episode Discussion

The Pilot
Written and Directed by Ryan Murphy
Original Airdate: 7/22/03

The money has a price. Christian's unethical acceptance of $300,000 from a mobster desperate for a new face puts the doctor's partnership with Sean into jeopardy....and their lives in peril.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I remember when I first saw the pilot. It was after the show had started and I was shocked with how much sex they showed. Needless to say, I was hooked either way.
And it's amazing what you can learn about alligators from watching the pilot.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

I really wish I could see the Pilot again. It's been such a long time since them. I also remembered being shocked with how much they got away with.

The scene at the end with the alligator oh man.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked, "So I hear your marriage jumped the shark last night. My condences"

Julian's delivery was hilarious
Old 06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

I don't think that the Pilot showed too much sex. I believe the only scenes were of Christian/Kimber mixed with Sean/Julia. It was shocking only because I've seen a show like Nip/Tuck before. Has there even been such a thing?

My favorite line comes at the end of the pilot. When Christian and Sean are standing waiting for the gators to eat the body.

Christian: "Your a little too good at this. You're scaring me"
Sean: "Good. It's good your scared of me."
Old 06-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't saying it was too much, but it was definately more than what they would show on network television and such.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Funny that this ep is on discussion, I'm watching it right now.

I've seen some eps off and on but decided to rent it finally. I'm only in the first few minutes, so I'll be back to discuss more.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLinoleum
I'm only in the first few minutes, so I'll be back to discuss more.
I look forward to it. I hope you enjoy the show.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Christian: "Your a little too good at this. You're scaring me"
Sean: "Good. It's good your scared of me."

Oh that was great
Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

After the first two episodes, I am definitely a Sean fan. Christian is charming and likeable, but I'm a fan of the good guy.

I throughly enjoyed the pilot. Seeing Christian attempt at talking with the excessive botox was funny. And I really liked that Christian was really protective of the little girl in the hospital. Nice to see him have a tender side.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
After the first two episodes, I am definitely a Sean fan. Christian is charming and likeable, but I'm a fan of the good guy.
I'm also a big Sean fan.

Quote:
I throughly enjoyed the pilot. Seeing Christian attempt at talking with the excessive botox was funny. And I really liked that Christian was really protective of the little girl in the hospital. Nice to see him have a tender side.
I also loved how in the pilot he wouldn't tell where their client was because it would put Sean at risk. He took a lot of pain for Sean. It really shows how much they are like brothers.

Christian does open up more over the years. We see both sides of him hit extreme.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I never got a chance to chat about this episode ...

Christian/Kimber's sex scene was more graphic then I remembered it. I also didn't remember him snorting coke off her ... damn! And then to cut that to Julia/Sean having sex ... classic!

The reveal of Christian's boat being called "The Boatox" was hilarious!

I like the scene where Sean is sitting at breakfast and everyone is talking in spanish ... and he looks so befuddled.

Christian's line "You saved my ass again" ... great line delivery.

The ending was great ... tied everything together. And I also love how the first episode was sooo dramatic. I mean, Julia/Sean were seperated and he broke from Christian in like thirty minutes ... it was insane!

kenny | credit
Old 06-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
And I also love how the first episode was sooo dramatic. I mean, Julia/Sean were seperated and he broke from Christian in like thirty minutes ... it was insane!
In any other show I think things would have felt rushed. The pilot was done in such a way that you could feel the tension between all these characters before you really got to know them. I think that is why we didn't have that period of .... what just happened? They broke up just because of that? In any other show I would have been left rolling my eyes. Feeling like I don't even know the relationship between these characters and all ready there is a huge problem between them.

The actors really get all credit for that IMO. A good facial expression can tell you a lot more about a character then what they say. It allows you into that character's mind.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

And also the body language ... it's all there. And your right, any other show and it would've felt rushed ... but, with N/T ... it felt right, and it just flowed naturally.

kenny | credit
Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also liked the bit where Christian is flashing back to the past. I thought the quick cuts, then seeing him at the party, was really well done