Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

NewHaven, I guess House behaves like that because he aknowledge their friendship. His friendship with Wilson is the only lasting relationship he ever had. Wilson was the one that was always there for him. And House knows that Wilson knows him, that apologizing (in his own way) is a huge step for him. One step Wilson won't blow into major proportions. But he knew that he had to take that step, because he knew Wilson was on his limit. They are friends, brothers.

The way I see, House is terrified to let other people close. He was damaged good by Stacy (don't get me wrong, I like her). She was the woman that he trusted with all his heart, someone he wasn't afraid to say "I love you". And she betrayed him. That's why he was afraid to get involved with Cameron in S1. And that's why now he won't act like a human being around Cuddy sometimes. They are friends she lets him get away with some of his crap because she knows him. And House knows that she hasn't reached her limit yet. We will have to see what is going to happen when she reaches this limit.

Another thing: House has problem letting people in. He is afraid of loving again. So he teases Cuddy, makes clear that he is sexually attracted to her, but he won't allow himself to apologise to her or be nice to her, because the moment he does that is the moment he will let her know that he clearly cares about her, that what he feels is more than just attraction. He is not afraid to show Wilson that he cares because Jimmy is his friend and was always by his side. But he is afraid to let someone else in.

And how do we know that House cares about Cuddy, even though he never really shows her? Because he, who loves a gossip, didn't tell Wilson she wanted a baby and helped her (who's your daddy); because he was worried with the potential sperm donors; because in "Fetal Position" he saw Cuddy in the patient and put her life above even the woman's wishes; because at the end he still screamed with Cuddy over her craziness and that is because he is afraid if one day Cuddy finds herself in a similar situation she will act like the same way; because he wasn't really worried with people getting sick in the plane, but the moment he saw her sick, he was afraid. And I could go on...

And that's why I think we Huddy fans should also focus more on the emotional side of these two. That's why when a suggested the name of the couple, I said "The Love Boat" and not "The Sex Boat". I did that because, even though we know that they have amazing chemistry and the room gets hot when they are together, I believe that House and Cuddy could really love each other. They get each other. They know how to hurt each other, but they also know how to make the other feel better. And they are equals: Cuddy is House's boss, but he definitivly doesn't see her as his superior. And Cuddy admires House, but she would never compare him to God (pathetic) and isn't afraid to put him back in his place.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gina? Wow.

Everything you've written? It just...wow. I can't even begin to explain how your words were so affecting. Very eloquently put and intelligently displayed. I love everything of how you described their relationship, especially the "House and Cuddy could love each other" moment.

There's hope in that.

I'm voting you for president! ♥♥♥!!
"I feel as awkward as [House] does. It's inappropriate in so many ways, and yet if two people are attracted, then I suppose there's not much you can do. But I'm 50 times her age and I'm her employer and I can't see good things coming from it."~from the mouth of Hugh Laurie himself
Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Supreme Fan

i definitely agree we should maybe move away from the sex. lol. there's more to huddy than that.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfiend (View Post)
Gina? Wow.

Everything you've written? It just...wow. I can't even begin to explain how your words were so affecting. Very eloquently put and intelligently displayed. I love everything of how you described their relationship, especially the "House and Cuddy could love each other" moment.

There's hope in that.

I'm voting you for president! ♥♥♥!!
Thank you! That is just the way Huddy affects and inspires me!

As for the president thing... I want to be the presidente of "The Booty Island"! Since, I don't think USA residents would like a brazilian chick running their country. Because, you know, my first law would be to demand more Huddyness on television. I'm sure the Congress would go with that. And then I would invite Jeffrey Dean Morgan to live with me in the White House (Hugh is already married ). Man, I'm day dreaming already.

I will start to work on my plataform right now! (Always wanted to use this icon )

Last edited by Gina Potter; 04-14-2007 at 01:56 PM
Old 04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes. Huddy is the LURVE !!!
That's true.
Dah ! It's not all about sex

@Raine: I don't know, I think they COULD go for a kiss, but then it would mean something, which is why it won't happen unless Cuddy or House get drugged.

But Cuddy can be manipulative, she likes toying with House (as in "Needle in a Haystack"). So...I don't know, maybe if she reaches her limit as Gina said, her defenses might be weakened and she could go for a kiss. That scene on the plane showed to me, that she wanted more to happen but would never allow herself to go this far. But we don't know what'll happen...so...but still...that doesn't answer my question: Do you guys think the Huddyness will stay like that, increase or decrease in the future ? Because comparing their scenes to season 1 we do see a constant increase in Huddy and I just wondered where this is going. The whole baby storyline and Tritter, they really pushed Huddy forward in the first place.

I agree on the argument that House is afraid of getting hurt by a woman again and that all his snark against Cuddy is only his way of hiding how much he actually cares. Because in fact, there's no other person he mentions that often in her absence. All these jokes about Jews, about Cuddy's cleavage and butt...his aggressiveness towards Cuddy along with his obsession do show that he needs A HUGE GIANT WALL OF DEFENSE to show that he doesn't care when he is actually caring. And I like that. He does care. *sighs*

Gina...your words were so nice that I almost fell in love with YOU ! *LOL*

So, you are officially voted for President of Booty Island. May your reign be one of hotness and love

Last edited by NewHaven2005; 04-14-2007 at 02:07 PM
Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Absolute Fan

New thread!

I love the ship name!

Amy

iconcred: twobeats.com/jemi
Old 04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you for the awesome thread + name

Sorry i haven't been posting alot, you guys are just such fast posters that sometimes i cant keep up.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHaven2005 (View Post)
Gina...your words were so nice that I almost fell in love with YOU ! *LOL*

So, you are officially voted for President of Booty Island. May your reign be one of hotness and love

Ok, House would be so proud right now! This place is becoming "The L Word"! Just kidding!

As for if I think things will progress next season, I can not be sure because we have to see how the season is going to end. I think we will see major development on House and Cuddy relationship this season, even bigger than what we saw until now. Yes, I'm a believer!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Something definitely IS going to happen. And you know what? I really don't care if House has a relationship with someone, even with Cameron. Cos it won't last.

The only thing that has lasted, has been House and Cuddy (and House and Wilson, though their friendship is a little on the rocks at the moment). But Cuddy has been there (in some form) since Med school. I do believe that this has been House's longest relationship ever, be it intimate or just friendship.
"I feel as awkward as [House] does. It's inappropriate in so many ways, and yet if two people are attracted, then I suppose there's not much you can do. But I'm 50 times her age and I'm her employer and I can't see good things coming from it."~from the mouth of Hugh Laurie himself
Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfiend (View Post)
Something definitely IS going to happen. And you know what? I really don't care if House has a relationship with someone, even with Cameron. Cos it won't last.

The only thing that has lasted, has been House and Cuddy (and House and Wilson, though their friendship is a little on the rocks at the moment). But Cuddy has been there (in some form) since Med school. I do believe that this has been House's longest relationship ever, be it intimate or just friendship.
That is 100% true, they dont fight and go on the rocks because they always fight!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Cos I had to!!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Awww, I love this scene!
Thanks for posting Gomey!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Hehe if that animation were to go any faster it would have been a Cuddy orgasim
Old 04-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Extreme Fan

she sooooo looks at his lips !!!! sooooo wants to kiss him !!! OMG !!!
*faints*

ehhh...ok.

well, now that you guys said it i agree: she is his longest relationship ! wow ! they really really need to explore their past some more ! i think she is his constant
(oh i love XF references...)

meh ! can't wait for the next eppy

Last edited by NewHaven2005; 04-15-2007 at 01:17 AM
Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

Ahh I sooo thought they were going to kiss during that scene! Thanks for making that graphic