Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

A new article from the New York Times has a cute quote from Dan about his parents.

Quote:
Mr. Radcliffe still lives in the house he grew up in, with his parents and two dogs, Binka and Nugget. (Nugget is not, oddly enough, named after the lead horse in “Equus.” Rather the Radcliffes have a tradition of giving dogs names that can follow the word “chicken”; a previous dog was named Tikka.)

He is extremely close to his parents. “Sometimes I can feel a bit sorry for myself if I’ve been lying down in the mud for the night shoot and then I have to get up at 4:30 the next morning,” he said. “But my mum and dad have always said, if anyone’s complaining, ‘Well, you’re not down a mine.’ ”

He added: “Actors give themselves a bad reputation, and I think it’s a shame. It’s why some people resent them for being famous and think they do no work comparatively. But it’s a great job. And it’s not down a mine.”
They sound like my parents. No one likes a complainer. Get over it and don't be self absorbed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/th...ewanted=3&_r=1
Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Saw this post yesterday and it made me smile because I can see myself getting pretty darn excited even if it was only Dan's dad. He's just as squee-worthy in my book.

Quote:
Again, Trio explains what and why we are there. Apparently he didn't want to be the one responsible for taking some giant bag from two sweaty women--I should add that he was very nice and if it weren't for his constant questioning, the following would not have been possible. While the old man was trying to call someone to claim the package...DAN WALKS UP THE STEPS!!!!!!

There were steps that lead to a lower level and then a landing and steps that lead to the level above us. Well he came up, looked around the floor for something and then went to the upper level. Mean while I was hitting Trio in the leg to tell her to LOOK!!!!

I couldn't tell if she saw him or not because right at that moment Alan Radcliffe opened the stage door and walked in!
Trio noticed him as I was too busy gawking at Dan and wondering if he was going to come back down stairs again. Trio politely asked, "Mr. Radcliffe, we have some gifts for Dan from fans across the country. Would it be possible to leave them with you?" I'm paraphrasing but that is the gist of it. Well Alan Radcliffe couldn't have been nicer. He thanked us and carried the bag off, joking about how heavy it was. While he was doing that DAN COMES BACK DOWN THE STEPS!!!! I punched tapped Trio again but she was too busy talking to RadDad to notice what I was doing.
souce ~ My Stories - Back From New York
Old 09-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww thanks for sharing.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder what Alan does with his days.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

RadDad?

Oh perfect.

Never thought about that before Amy, but yes, besides taking care of our little guy, how does he spend his time in NY?

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-4-Life (View Post)
Never thought about that before Amy, but yes, besides taking care of our little guy, how does he spend his time in NY?
Well once Dan is completely finished with rehearsals they'll both have mostly free days. So...whatever they feel like. For some reason I often picture Alan like a chauffer just sitting around reading while he waits.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh how boring for him. I would like him to be busy with his own thing, I mean there's not much 'managing' to do when he's occupied with a project for such a long period of time. Maybe I should be watching Entourage to get ideas. I mean he can't just be hang'n out enjoying the carefree lifestyle of mooching off his millionaire son.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would think that he would be doing things that he likes but always being available to keep an eye on his son.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

From this article...Daniel Radcliffe - Entertainment News, Youth Impact Report '08, Media - Variety

Quote:
Role models: His father, Alan Radcliffe, and his friend Will Steggle, who works in costumes and wardrobe on the "Harry Potter" films. "The thing they both have in common is they both steer their own ship."
Such a good son.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, that's sweet

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 10-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Aww, loved that!

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Every father want's to be the person his son looks up to. Alan has achieved that dream.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is so lovely.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan's grandmother has died.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe is mourning the loss of his Ulster-born gran.

Elsie Radcliffe — the teenager’s biggest fan — died on Thursday after a long battle against illness.

The 79-year-old Banbridge woman had been suffering from heart-related problems.

Daniel (19) had been very close to his grandmother and had made frequent visits to her at her Co Down home.

The young actor, currently filming the latest Harry Potter movie and starring in a play in New York, is expected to fly into Northern Ireland tomorrow for the pensioner’s funeral.

Elsie, who had been living with her daughter Linda and son-in-law Drew, told friends she was her grandson’s number one fan.

Last year, the retired hospital worker flew to London to see him on stage in the controversial play Equus.

Said a family friend: “She just lover her grandson so much and was so proud of him. Elsie was his number one fan and loved all the Harry Potter movies.”

Daniel was born in west London, the son of Elsie’s son Alan Radcliffe, a literary agent, and his wife, Marcia, a casting agent.

Elsie Radcliffe’s funeral will take place from the First Presbyterian Non-Subscribing Church on the Downshire Road, Banbridge this afternoon.
souce ~ Belfast Telegraph
Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Aww, poor Dan.

May she rest in peace.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread