Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really anixous for it after seeing the MTV sneek peak. I got such high hopes for H/G now for both parts of DH!
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

You guys are encouraging me to read test screening spoilers! My will to stay spoiler free is crumbling day by day!

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndrider (View Post)
You guys are encouraging me to read test screening spoilers! My will to stay spoiler free is crumbling day by day!
I just know that I was really disappointed with OotP and spent the whole thing going 'but ... but ... they left out xyz' the first time I saw it, whereas HBP I was in love within half an hour lol. Spoilers just work for me because I got all my negative thoughts out of the way well in advance and given the way they've changed our H/G I think I need to know what's coming.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and given the way they've changed our H/G I think I need to know what's coming.
Agreed!
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

OK, now you guys really have convinced me to read the spoiler reports. But I have to admit, watching HBP was better and more enjoyable since I know what's coming and still have a little surprise or two with H/G.

Watching GoF and OoTP was rather miserable since I didn't know there was lots of changes. In GoF, I was waiting for the Quidditch match between Bulgaria and Ireland that didn't really happen, I was hoping for Ron to offer Ginny to Harry on silver platter (so to speak ) to take to the Yule Ball and it didn't happen, I was hoping for Harry to notice Neville stepped on Ginny's toes during the dance and nada. The same thing with OoTP. So many H/G and Ginny moments were cut and I was so angry.

It's quite useful reading the spoilers.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I didn't read the spoilers for GoF and OotP though I wasn't apart of the online fandom at the time. Well actually I joined in the middle of them making the film OotP.

Anyway, I was fine with GoF with not reading the spoilers. While I missed somethings I wasn't too upset. I like OotP film, but like Emmie not knowing all those great H/G and Ginny moments being cut I was a upset when I first saw the film.

With HBP, I was able to embrace the changes better since I knew a head of time of the changes and was able to get over it before I saw the film.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

OoTP is my favourite HP movie so far. I still think it could be even much better movie if we get our badass Ginny in it. I didn't like it that much when I first saw it coz I was whining about not getting my Ginny and my H/G moment. But then, it was all good.

HBP movie, as much as I love the book, only came second. While I adore H/G kiss in RoR, it still could not match to the sunlit-days kiss in the common room I was so fixated about and of course couple of other changes that I would not be happy with ever! *coughEndingcough* But yeah, the spoilers helped me lots to enjoy this movie.

CoS is always going to be special to me. Ever! Not only because of H/G but this is where my love for HP begins.

So, when the test screening usually happens?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

My guess would be sometime in August.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndrider (View Post)
OoTP is my favourite HP movie so far. I still think it could be even much better movie if we get our badass Ginny in it. I didn't like it that much when I first saw it coz I was whining about not getting my Ginny and my H/G moment. But then, it was all good.

HBP movie, as much as I love the book, only came second. While I adore H/G kiss in RoR, it still could not match to the sunlit-days kiss in the common room I was so fixated about and of course couple of other changes that I would not be happy with ever! *coughEndingcough* But yeah, the spoilers helped me lots to enjoy this movie.
OotP used to be my favourite (after I got over my initial 'what have they done to the boooook?' angst) but HBP I fell for so fast and so deeply. I saw it twice on the first day because I was that in love with it. It is a much more accomplished movie direction-wise and the cinematography is beautiful and the acting was upped even from OotP. And I know I would have still loved it if I hadn't known what was coming, but knowing how and what they changed about our couple made me able to appreciate what was actually there. I know that if I had still been expecting our sunlit days kiss I would have been very disappointed with what was actually there. Having got over that in the lead up I saw so many lovely H/G moments that would have been overwhelmed in disappointment if I hadn't known about them.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Totally gets you, Allie.

Remember the pic of Ginny wiping Harry's nose in the Great Hall that we got? Man, was we surprised! And the attack at the burrow. It was good and knowing the changes before hand definitely helped.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Emmie finally gives in? Now we're all gonna be spoiled together

Those changes were really a great surprise. We knew we're gonna have H/G moments but didn't expect that many.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OotP used to be my favourite (after I got over my initial 'what have they done to the boooook?' angst) but HBP I fell for so fast and so deeply. I saw it twice on the first day because I was that in love with it. It is a much more accomplished movie direction-wise and the cinematography is beautiful and the acting was upped even from OotP. And I know I would have still loved it if I hadn't known what was coming, but knowing how and what they changed about our couple made me able to appreciate what was actually there. I know that if I had still been expecting our sunlit days kiss I would have been very disappointed with what was actually there. Having got over that in the lead up I saw so many lovely H/G moments that would have been overwhelmed in disappointment if I hadn't known about them.
Same with me!
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gean (View Post)
Emmie finally gives in? Now we're all gonna be spoiled together
Yeah, my wall is crumbling down as we speak. If those spoiler boxes start popping up, I don't think I'll have the will left to resist.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Same. When it comes to HP and H/G, I have no willpower.

I love the HBP film too, it quickly became my favorite.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

I have no will power at all.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread