Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 03:51 PM
New Fan

DECEMBER BOYS Worldwide Release Petition

Hi

I'm Alana and I have a site dedicated to the next movie of Daniel Radcliffe: DECEMBER BOYS. I create a petition to ask WARNER BROS Independant (the distributor of the film) to release it worldwide. I would like to know if you can help us (all December Boys fans) to recolt a lot of signatures to save December Boys. This petition is not against Warner Bros, on the contrary, we are really pleased and proud to have this big distributor for DECEMBER BOYS but we just want them to assume us that DECEMBER BOYS will be released worldwide. In fact, we know directly from Rod Hardy himself (the director of DECEMBER BOYS) that the film has only been sold to the USA and Australia at this stage and that a final decision will be made late in January when the film will have or not its worldwide release. So we have until this date to collect as many signatures as possible to convince and to prove to the WARNER BROS leaders that this film is expected and that it has the potential to be a big success. Then, we don't want them to keep DECEMBER BOYS in the shadow waiting the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. As you know Daniel Radcliffe played Harry Potter for 5 years now and had chosen to play Maps in December Boys, a character very different from Harry Potter. We don't want them to typecast Daniel Radcliffe and that they respect his work outside their most profitable franchise because 'Daniel Radcliffe is not only Harry Potter’! DECEMBER BOYS had ONLY good reaction from several test screenings however, its release has always been delayed without justified reason. We fear that we had to wait until the release of Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix to see at last DECEMBER BOYS! According to Rod Hardy, the director, this petition would be helpful. So this petition has the only objective to convince Warner Bros not to hesitate and that this film deserves a chance to be a great success, we just want them to offer its to DECEMBER BOYS.

So we need your help. We have only until the end of January when the final decision will be made. If Warner Bros leaders realise that numerous persons are waiting for this film, it will maybe convince them to release and promote DECEMBER BOYS correctly. Please help us, your contribution would do a great difference !

The petition : DECEMBER BOYS Worldwide Release Petition

Thank you and Happy New Year

(Sorry for my english I'm french and I do my best ! lol)

Alana (http://www.thedecemberboys.blogspot.com)
alana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Alana.

If you check the December Boys thread on this board, I've already linked it to your site for the petition this past week. I'll keep this thread up for a little bit and then merge it with the other DB thread.

Thanks for visiting. And I hope your cause is successful.
Reply   Post New Thread