Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
No. I wont watch it until after the show is over. I'm not watching bullsht.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lost is definitely not the show to get invested in only shipping and nothing else.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Banned

^^I guess I made a mistake then because I only like Skate. I don't really watch Lost for the plot because it's no BSG
Old 10-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a little harsh, lol. Lost has it's disappointments and imperfections like any other show, but it's still on a grand scale with an epic story to tell. It's not the writers' fault you're not interested in the mythology or mystery. And it's those same writers that created the ship you love so much.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Banned

I don't doubt they have an epic story to tell but their momentum of mistakes is mounting. It's almost as if they wrote seasons 4-5 so small scale in hopes that they could pull out all the stops in the last season. IDK, a great story told happens over the course of the show...it doesn't get lumped into the last season.

Ugh. Who am I kidding? I am not disappointed in seasons 4-5 due to the plot, I am disappointed because of Skate.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Believe me, I know it's incredibly frustrating. But if you're looking at the bigger picture, that's where everything makes sense. The past two seasons were complete filler with one season telling the off-island story of the O6 and the other of the Leftbehinders in Dharmaville. And imo, it's no coincidence that they chose to separate Skate to get on with these 'filling in the dots' plotlines. And hey, guess what, that's when Jate and Suliet happened. In the absence of the other person. Yet I'm supposed to be worked up? Please. All I'm saying is just wait and see before you start claiming you've been bamboozled.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

This video is so cute!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a lovely vid! And goodness, that scene from TLP kills me dead. Not to mention the sad waves. And the LaFleur reunion.

And yet Skate didn't get anything in season five. Pfft!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

Well I thought that when that scene in TLP happened, it would be the beginning of an amazing tale for Skate and it wasn't that well written. I just think if done by more capable writers they could have gotten the message across more clearly. Eh.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

What should they have done? Had Sawyer ditch Juliet like a hot potatoe as soon as he saw Kate again? Make out with her? Throw her up against a door or something? It had to be subtle and underplayed because Sawyer was clearly doing his best to remain loyal to Juliet even though Kate had turned the perfect little life he made for himself upside down with her mere presence. If she was able to do that without actually doing a thing, he wasn't over her at all then.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned

Well I never thought they needed to do Sawyer/Juliet in the first place to bring Sawyer to the same emotional level as Kate. It just showed lack of originality from Darlton.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I have the total opposite problem Ada has. I KNOW that the only one for Sawyer is Kate. I know that his heart still and always was with her. His relationship and his love for Juliet didn't make me question it at all. Even in Suliet's best moments, they still took the time to show something from Sawyer about Kate. His feelings and his devotion are of no worry to me at all and never have been. I know where the man stands in terms of what his head vs. his heart wants.

I still don't feel that from Kate's side, I really don't. Where was the longing from her? The sadness? The glances to Sawyer when someone talked about "dying with the one you love"? The little things? I get that she was respecting Suliet, but man....she was way too accepting, too "okay" with it all for me. WHH was great and all, and showed her that she did love and want to be with Sawyer those 3 years, but I didn't feel that at all from her when she came back to the island and was face to face with him. There's being accepting and mature, and there is just not putting up a fight, and Kate did not put up a fight.

And of course, her scenes with Jack in FTL and TI didn't help the cause too much either.

I still need to feel it from Kate the way I do Sawyer. Right now, I don't. At all.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Put up a fight for what when Sawyer made it perfectly clear that he wasn't available anymore? Put up a fight for what when he said he was out there helping her for Juliet? Put up a fight for what when he repeatedly kept saying he was so happy before they came back? There is no woman on the face of the planet that is going to put herself out there after all that. None. Especially when all that time has passed between them.

I find it amazing that you can still call out Kate after this past season when Sawyer was the one in the middle of this triangle.

And like it or not, Kate and Jack were involved just a couple days before that. Much like Suliet was amped up for the finale, so was Jate. Those were two relationships that needed to come to some kind of resolution before the "reset" that was upon them. As sucky as it was to not have one Skate moment without Juliet in it, I'm actually glad they didn't stick them in there with Jate/Suliet.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Banned

Okay actually I didn't say I was 100% happy with Kate's actions regarding the triangle but I always knew it came down to her choice, which is why I tend to let her get away with more. I just think that for a triangle to be legit the two people vying for the girls affections should be unambiguous. I think they made a mistake with Sawyer and what's worse is their patting themselves on the back for it being well received rather than looking at how it ruined their overall story.

For the record though I am open about the fact that I hated the Jate scene where Kate is in tears about Jack saying their relationship was all misery. I just think that was a bit wrong but I don't want some lurkers to call me out for insulting Jate so I'll just stop.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

The two of you don't need to be shipping. Like, seriously. You guys get so worked up like you've never seen how a love triangle works before. Lol.