Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm watching The Long Con right now with my favorite angsty scene EVER!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ada, thanks for that video.

Aww cool Crys.

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 05-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

I know, me too. Sawyer was so naughty because Kate had finally reached out and he went and sabotaged it all. Had I been part of the fandom at that point, I would have been scared that Kate would have never spoken to him again
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heh, there were claims from the Jaters that 'Skate is Ovah!' after that episode, lol. Then we got that awesome quote from Javi (a former writer/executive producer on the show) comparing them to OTP's like Ross/Rachel and Han/Leia.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

I honestly dont understand why Jaters exist. I mean not to be cruel but if I had never known about shipwars I would have thought everyone was a Skater. I have a Jate frend who introduced me to the show so I thought Jate was this epic romance and when I watched it I was like "THIS is what you call epic?" It looked like the only pairing to be properly fleshed out was Skate
Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I honestly dont understand why Jaters exist. I mean not to be cruel but if I had never known about shipwars I would have thought everyone was a Skater. I have a Jate frend who introduced me to the show so I thought Jate was this epic romance and when I watched it I was like "THIS is what you call epic?" It looked like the only pairing to be properly fleshed out was Skate
I totally agree. Actually one of my good friends was a jater and she saw I was a skater and I'm like become a skater and then I started to tell her about how epic they were and etc. That was only person I got to convert. After she became a skater she was like you're right Skate is epic.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just look at it like this. If Skate isn't ending up together, then what was the point of hooking them up at all in S3 to separate them for 3 years? I think the things they experienced in those years apart (Kate learning to settle down in being a mother to Aaron and getting over her hero-worship of Jack; Sawyer's self-hatred issues and learning he is capable of making a relationship work) will be extremely useful if/when Skate eventually rekindle their relationship.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I just look at it like this. If Skate isn't ending up together, then what was the point of hooking them up at all in S3 to separate them for 3 years? I think the things they experienced in those years apart (Kate learning to settle down in being a mother to Aaron and getting over her hero-worship of Jack; Sawyer's self-hatred issues and learning he is capable of making a relationship work) will be extremely useful if/when Skate eventually rekindle their relationship.
Crys, exactly.
I couldn't agree me. I can't see them having them with anyone else for the final season. I totally see them together.
When do you think they would start to rekindle?

Old 05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

I honestly think Sawyer's redemption has always been through Kate, and regardless of the contrived crap they write this season nothing will change that. Its pretty much canon he didnt feel compelled to change himself until Kate gave him the chance to, and he became who he is now. IDK wtf he is in season 5, but that aint Sawyer so I can only assume Juliet fraked him up three years later, she always has a habit of busting up everyone.

Last edited by chemistry86; 05-30-2009 at 10:27 PM
Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kate is definitely the woman that made Sawyer a better person, but he had to get over his own baggage independent of her and vice versa if they're ever going to work out. We never saw Kate adjusting to motherhood or Sawyer realizing his self-worth and I suppose that's cheap writing in a sense. But it happened over a 3 year period. I guess that's all we need to know.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

I really dont see why Kate had to adjust to motherhood at all. Its not as if Sawyer was anymore ready to be a parent than she was. It was something she may have wanted, but not something she needed to make it work with Sawyer. The only explanation I can think of is that they both needed to learn stability and commitment and thats why they tried out the things they wanted to find in Eggtown with other people. Sawyer got so good at it, he decided it was safe and easy, so he didn't want to adapt again when everyone came back.
Quote:
We never saw Kate adjusting to motherhood or Sawyer realizing his self-worth and I suppose that's cheap writing in a sense
It is definately cheap writing. It's asking us to imagine and accept a scenario which quite franky never happened on our screens.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I really dont see why Kate had to adjust to motherhood at all. Its not as if Sawyer was anymore ready to be a parent than she was. It was something she may have wanted, but not something she needed to make it work with Sawyer. The only explanation I can think of is that they both needed to learn stability and commitment and thats why they tried out the things they wanted to find in Eggtown with other people. Sawyer got so good at it, he decided it was safe and easy, so he didn't want to adapt again when everyone came back.
That is the whole point of those 3 years. For them to learn committment and stability and actually be good at it.

The only important thing I took away from Eggtown wasn't that Kate needed to be a mom to make things work with Sawyer or that she wanted it right then and there on crazyisland. But it was something she'd obviously been thinking about given their pregnancy scare and didn't find herself at all opposed to having Sawyer's kid should it happen. And that is the only good thing about that episode apart from the hotness, lol.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
And that is the only good thing about that episode apart from the hotness, lol.
I was reading FBL half empty thread, and everyones freak out after Eggtown was hilarious. It was like the Jaters POV on what Skate is; they were portrayed as shallow and only about sex, so regardless of how hot it was, it was awful for me.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Truthfully, the dialogue and execution of the episode is what sucked ass. I got what they were trying to do, but it came across badly.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned

I didnt get what they were trying to do until season 5, and I wont get the point of season 5 until season 6...thats the problem with these long hiatuses

We are doing a survivor on the Skate thread on the Lost board soon

Last edited by chemistry86; 05-31-2009 at 11:17 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread