Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
That said, I expected them to get plenty nominations, if only because this was the last season and those are often honored by the award shows. The only surprise could be EM's nomination, mostly because she has like 4 scenes total. Lol.
Agreed. As much as I adore Liz Mitchell, the nom doesn't make much sense to me. When she should've won an Emmy 3 years ago, she was snubbed. smh.

I'm surpised to see that FNL finally got the recognition they deserve. But as fantastic as they are, I doubt Kyle Chandler or Connie Britton will win.

And YAY for the all the Glee and Modern Family nominations. They're both fantastic shows. I love True Blood, but I'm not sure they should be in the Best Drama category. The S2 finale (and the season as a whole) wasn't that great.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

I know this is going to make me sound like a horrible fan but I hope Liz is not going to win. I am happy with the nomination because I choose to view it as recognition for her entire body of work on Lost, but when I look at what Liz has done last season and then compare it to what Lyly Tomlin has done on Damages, then yeah. It's like apples and oranges. There's simply no comparison. I'm just being objective here. That's all.

Quote:
I'm surpised to see that FNL finally got the recognition they deserve. But as fantastic as they are, I doubt Kyle Chandler or Connie Britton will win.
I'm thrilled for them too. All the campaigning by DirecTV worked. But I am very sad for Courtney Cox and Ed O'Neil. He's the only MF actor who didn't get nominated. The Emmys must hate him a lot.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 07-09-2010 at 03:23 AM
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't watch Cougar Town, so I don't know how good Courtney Cox fairs on the show. Although I'll always love her from Friends, lol.

And yes, Ed O'Neil should've been nominated. He's great on MF.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Courtney is hilarious on Cougar Town. Sometimes a little bit OTT but definitely better than some of the people that were nominated in her place.

I know Sofia Vergara is very funny on Modern Family but she's totally playing herself and I don't know if actors should be nominated for playing themselves. That's not really acting IMO.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

True. It's not much of a stretch for her to play Gloria, lol. I'm pleased for Julie Bowen and especially Eric Stonestreet. I consider him the ace of the show.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Eric Stonestreet is the guy who plays Julie Bowen's husband, right? He's hilarious.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nah, that's Ty Burrell. Who is epically funny, lol. Eric plays Cameron, Mitchell's boyfriend. He cracks me up.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, thanks. I'm not so good with the names. I only know Ed, Julie and Sofia.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
MST Manager

I love Cougar Town. All of the actors are great.

I don't know if this article has been posted before. A woman interviewed Josh before he did the Tom Ardavany seminar.

Tom Ardavany featured in Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine with Josh Holloway | The Ardavany Approach
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I don't know if this article has been posted before. A woman interviewed Josh before he did the Tom Ardavany seminar.

Tom Ardavany featured in Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine with Josh Holloway | The Ardavany Approach
Thanks Julie.

I can't tell if this is a report from last year's seminar or if maybe there was another one this year.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Julie.
I think I remember that interview... but I can't be sure, I may be mixing things up with another article we've got in the past.

The website of the magazine has the issues of the last year (summer 2009 - summer 2010) archived and available if anyone wants to check:
Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine – Your Guide to Luxury

I would've done it but the pages need a way newer version of Flash than the one I have installed on my computer to load.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Julie I have not seen that before. And thanks for the link Fran, the interview is from the Fall 2009 issue of the magazine.

This part might be how Josh feels when people are impatient for him to move on to his next project:

Quote:
The people he surrounds himself with are key. “My wife has been a solid rock in supporting me and letting me do what I dreamed of. She allowed me to struggle in this which is vital because a lot of times your influences can be negative. It is such a process because most people want to just say, ‘Hey man, good try. Let it go.’ They think they are protecting you. Everyone has a time limit that they think you are on. Ok, you have done it now, move on….You can’t listen to that stuff.”
Tom Ardavany's approach seems to be a healthy one because (it seems) it is not about success but doing good work as an artist:
Quote:
Ardavany has watched many actors rise and fall in the industry and knows that doing the work of the artist is the salvation. “It is your joy. Outside of your acting process there is a storm, but as long as you can show up and do your work, you can find solace and tremendous inspiration.”

Last edited by Belden; 07-09-2010 at 04:49 PM Reason: update
Old 07-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Josh Holloway & Java at the park | Josh Holloway Online || Your first source for everything Josh Holloway

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay
Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 AM
MST Manager

Thank you very much for the new pics They are so cute
Old 07-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics! Java is so cute
Closed Thread   Post New Thread