Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Good to see that the Sawyer cover was so popular. Speaking of which, Josh's IMDB 'starmeter' is up 1,820% in popularity this week. Terry O'Quinn is up 887%, Evangeline is up 1,340% and Matthew Fox is up 1,633%.
I guess the 'starmeter' must be based on number of media mentions.

So the performers who submitted Emmy nomination have been announced and Terry O'Quinn is back in the supporting actor category, as are all the other LOST actors, including Nestor, except Henry Ian Cusick who is going for 'guest star'. From this blog:

Quote:
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama

John Noble, Fringe ...

Michael Emerson, LOST – As always, LOST’s Man of Mystery kept us on our toes this season. Was he going to end up being good after all? Was he just as evil as Smokey? Who the hell is Ben Linus? Emerson, as always, elevated any scene he was in and that’s a strong statement for a show with as talented a cast as LOST.

Terry O’Quinn, LOST – He is clearly a leading actor, but he’s on the list as supporting so I will leave it at that. Even dead, he commanded the screen all season long as he portrayed LOST’s smoke monster/physical embodiment of evil with such fervor that he goes down in history as one of the all-time great TV characters.

John Goodman, Treme ...

Josh Holloway, LOST – Honestly, season 5 was more the Season of Sawyer, but with Juliette’s death, Holloway was given – and played – the material that Emmy reels are made of.

Chris Noth, The Good Wife ...
2010 Emmy Predictions/Hopes josephrileyland's 20questions
Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Are we sure people who ordered other covers didn't get the same card from EW?

I don't think any of the characters and on Lost had particular chance to 'shine' this season. I won't be surprised if some of them get nominated, maybe MF, but I think it might be mostly a way to honour Lost's last season. We'll see.

And, I'd also like to see Josh choose some project soon. Something better than Whisper and Stay Cool. It shouldn't be hard.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
Are we sure people who ordered other covers didn't get the same card from EW?
Don't know. I went looking for the back issue order page and couldn't find it anymore. the only thing I could find was the general back issues page which didn't include the special covers.

Quote:
I don't think any of the characters and on Lost had particular chance to 'shine' this season. I won't be surprised if some of them get nominated, maybe MF, but I think it might be mostly a way to honour Lost's last season. We'll see.
I've given up on the emmys. it's the same people/shows every time. nobody even looks at the tapes, they just pick people who already won or are friends.
Quote:
And, I'd also like to see Josh choose some project soon. Something better than Whisper and Stay Cool. It shouldn't be hard.
I have lost hope on that account.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
I got a card today from EW about the special Lost character covers you could order. It said ...

Everybody wants an EW Sawyer magazine cover. So I take it that means they're just delayed for 30 days? They sort of contradict themselves, so I'm not sure. It didn't say they were refunding my money or anything.
Damn! I wonder if they'll be sending me that same card in a week. I'm still waiting on my Sawyer cover.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
MST Manager

Writer/director Edgar Wright, who has something to do with Ant Man, says he doesn't know if the Josh Holloway rumours are true.

Edgar Wright Interview SCOTT PILGRIM, the BLOOD AND ICE CREAM Trilogy, and ANT-MAN on the Red Carpet of the MTV Movie Awards
Old 06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Josh Holloway

Josh Holloway Turned Off By Granny Panties

Josh Holloway hates “granny panties”.

The ‘Lost’ actor, who has a 14-month-old daughter, Java, with his wife Yessica Kumala, loves looking at beautiful women in skimpy underwear but admits his biggest turn-off is oversized underwear and baggy clothing.

He said, “The hottest thing is lingerie. The least sexy outfit is baggy sweat pants and a large T-shirt. And granny panties!”

The 40-year-old hunk is also scared off by women who fill their bedroom with stuffed toys and wedding magazines.

He said in an interview in the June issue of Women’s Health magazine, “One stuffed animal is fine, but if there are a lot, that’s scary. Another warning sign is when a woman has too many pictures of herself around. And the worst: baby and bridal magazines!”

Although he is clear about what traits put him off a woman, Josh also knows what he likes and he adores women who are cute, pretty and hot.

He added, “It’s nice if a woman has a bit of each. Cute is the fun part you play around with every day. Pretty is nice to look at. And hot is sex.”

However, Josh hasn’t always been the ideal boyfriend and was once smashed over the head with a picture frame as a teenager when his girlfriend found out he had cheated on her.

He said, “I had a girlfriend, but I agreed to go to another girl’s prom at a different school. My girlfriend busted me and broke a picture frame over my head. I believe it was a montage of photos of us. I didn’t need stitches though. It was a nice, clean smash.”

Josh Holloway Turned Off By Granny Panties

You would wear granny panties with Josh Holloway?

I think that neither would use panties .....
Old 06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not a big fan of that interview. His answers were so stereotypical.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Josh Holloway Talks About What's Sexy To Women's Health

Josh Holloway Talks About What's Sexy To Women's Health | ImNotObsessed.com
Old 06-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Someone who didn't like Josh must have picked the photo to go with the Imnotobsessed article.

Quote:
Writer/director Edgar Wright, who has something to do with Ant Man, says he doesn't know if the Josh Holloway rumours are true.
I hope the rumours are false because I would rather Josh not play this character.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got my EW Sawyer/Josh cover in the mail today! It's even prettier in the flesh.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

All I got was a phone bill.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

A little snippet:

Quote:
According to /Film, Renner is close to finalising a deal to play the heroic archer, a move that may further jeopardise Paul Thomas Anderson’s upcoming definitely-not-about-Scientology pic The Master, which was rumoured to be courting Renner for one of it’s male leads. Renner’s casting also raises questions about the role that Josh Holloway was supposedly circling.

Is Holloway being courted to play Ant Man, a hero with the (slightly ridiculous) power to shrink himself and communicate with ants, or was he being used as leverage against Renner, who had previously expressed doubts about playing Hawkeye? Was the whole Holloway rumour just a fabrication of the hive-mind known as the Internet? Perhaps we’ll never know. Either that or we’ll know when the official announcement comes from Marvel.
http://beta.mnet.co.za/MnetMovies/Ch...AId=33824ppet:
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
MST Manager

Thank you Dee! I love the fact that Josh is being talked about even though the rumour might not be true.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd rather Josh not be in The Avengers if he's going to play Ant-Man. He's the lamest superhero, like, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
All I got was a phone bill.
And you ordered yours before I did. That's weird.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I'd rather Josh not be in The Avengers if he's going to play Ant-Man. He's the lamest superhero, like, ever.
Ditto. He needs to be taken seriously as an actor first. He can do sht superhero movies later.
Quote:
And you ordered yours before I did. That's weird.
They hate me cuz they know I hate them.