Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about the writing nom. Especially for that craptastic finale.

The show also got nods for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series and Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media
The Dharma Initiative - ABC.com
Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I agree about the writing nom. Especially for that craptastic finale.
Seriously. And the other 4 nominations are all for Mad Men so there's a chance the votes will go evenly to all four and Lost might take the win.

Quote:
The show also got nods for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series and Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media
The Dharma Initiative - ABC.com
But didn't something go bad with the DI project and we got those videos with Darlton or short previews instead?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I don't get why Mariska Hargitay keeps getting nominated. Her show is average at best and I see nothing exceptional about her role or acting.
I have a theory about Mariska. It starts with something that happened at the Golden Globes several years ago. Ving Rhames won and called Jack Lemmon on stage to give him his award. In the fall of that year or the year after Mariska was nominated for Best Actress at the Emmy Awards and gave an interview before the show saying that, "Allison Janey from the West Wing, one of the other best actress nominees , told her she would give Mariska the award if Allison won."
Allison won and called Mariska to the stage. Mariska went shaking her head and seeming overwhelmed and then Allison called the other nominess , which included Edie Falco from the Sopranos, the camera cut to the women , but no one else went to the stage. Allison gave a speech about how they all deserved the award, while Mariska stood to the side of her. After Allison's speech the music played and the camera pulled back to show Allison walking off stage and Mariska walking back to her seat.
The next year Mariska won, so I think there was a bit of pity involved.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
I have a theory about Mariska. It starts with something that happened at the Golden Globes several years ago. Ving Rhames won and called Jack Lemmon on stage to give him his award. In the fall of that year or the year after Mariska was nominated for Best Actress at the Emmy Awards and gave an interview before the show saying that, "Allison Janey from the West Wing, one of the other best actress nominees , told her she would give Mariska the award if Allison won."
Allison won and called Mariska to the stage. Mariska went shaking her head and seeming overwhelmed and then Allison called the other nominess , which included Edie Falco from the Sopranos, the camera cut to the women , but no one else went to the stage. Allison gave a speech about how they all deserved the award, while Mariska stood to the side of her. After Allison's speech the music played and the camera pulled back to show Allison walking off stage and Mariska walking back to her seat.
The next year Mariska won, so I think there was a bit of pity involved.
That's sounds quite embarrassing. But they didn't stop nominating her after she won so there must be something else, too. I'm going with the famous mother - which makes her stand out a bit.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Seriously. And the other 4 nominations are all for Mad Men so there's a chance the votes will go evenly to all four and Lost might take the win.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lost took that one, undeservingly so. And they got another nod for Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour). So in total, it's 5 nominations.

Quote:
But didn't something go bad with the DI project and we got those videos with Darlton or short previews instead?
I haven't a clue what you're even talking about.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
That's sounds quite embarrassing. But they didn't stop nominating her after she won so there must be something else, too. I'm going with the famous mother - which makes her stand out a bit.
Mariska's mother was Jayne Mansfield. Nuff said.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Why is it that the Emmys hate supernatural and sci-fi shows so much? No love for True Blood and BSG and as espected no love for Walton Goggins either.

And Lost got the 2 major nominations I predicted: Best Drama and Michael Emerson for Best Supporting Actor. Lost should get the same 2 big nominations next year + Terry O'Quinn for supporting if he were to decide to submit himself for consideration again.

ETA: Mariska Hargitay suffered from a collapsed lung this spring. It's possible she got in on sympathy vote this year.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 07-16-2009 at 10:09 AM
Old 07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lost getting a nod for best writing for The Incident is a travesty, lol.

Pleased with the nods for Mad Men, and I think the only nomination that truly surprised me was Flight of the Conchords.

Many people were hoping for BSG to get somthing considering this year was their last chance, but I knew they had no chance to make it.

And can I just say: enough with Boston legal and The Closer.

For what is worth, some comments of people who think Josh shouldn't have been snubbed:

2009 Emmy nominations: Who got snubbed? And which nominees rock? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com
Quote:
And finally, while it's nice to see Michael Emerson grab a nomination for Lost, how come other MVPs of the ensemble cast -- in particular Josh Holloway and Elizabeth Mitchell -- are empty-handed today?
http://remote.lohudblogs.com/2009/07...e-fresh-faces/
Quote:
No love for Josh Holloway of “Lost,” after showing serious emotional range this season? (Good to see recognition for Michael Emerson, though.)
Pop Vox: Newsweek's Daily Arts and Culture Blog : The 10 Most Shocking Emmy Snubs
Quote:
Josh Holloway, Lost
It’s always good to see network television’s most demanding (and arguably rewarding) drama among the series nominees, but this season of Lost belonged to Josh Holloway. After being relegated for the bulk of Season 4, Holloway commanded this season as Sawyer, showing that he has much more to offer than a perpetually bare chest. It’s a shame Emmy didn’t agree.
2009 Emmy nominations announced | Lynchburg News Advance
Quote:
And where were my men Josh Holloway, who did some of the best work of his career during this season on “Lost;” Jason O’Mara, leading man of the late, great “Life on Mars;” Kevin McKidd, a smoking hot addition to the cast of “Grey’s Anatomy;” and Alexander Skarsgard, a supporting player on “True Blood” and one of the leads in HBO’s nominated miniseries “Generation Kill?”
The 3 Biggest Emmy Suprises and Snubs
Quote:
LOST receiving no Outstanding Drama Actor or Actress (Josh Holloway/Elizabeth Mitchell) nominations. Holloway's brooding bad boy, Sawyer and Mitchell's calm and collected Juliet, stole many a scene in season 5 as the two fell in love while hiding out with the Dharma Initiative in 1977.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

No Josh, this sucks cause Josh had some amazing scenes/performances this season and he gets nothing. I hate the Emmy's! Congrats to Lost though!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh did deserve it. It was his most productive year on the show thus far. But these Emmy people are so predictable.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

It would be interesting to see if Josh made the top 10 at least, but I doubt it.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
It would be interesting to see if Josh made the top 10 at least, but I doubt it.
I don't believe he did. Judging by previous years, I'd say maybe Evi made the top 10, but even that is doubtful.

Fantasy Cast: Who should play He-Man in ‘Grayskull’?-We Are Movie Geeks
This guy sees Josh as He-Man, but I just can't imagine him in that role.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt he made the Top 10 too, but I may delude myself into thinking he did just to lessen my disappointment about the noms.
Quote:
Fantasy Cast: Who should play He-Man in ‘Grayskull’?-We Are Movie Geeks
This guy sees Josh as He-Man, but I just can't imagine him in that role.
I doubt Josh has the body to carry the role, I think the poster was inspired by The Precious, mostly.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh as He-Man? Nahhhh. He was perfect for Gambit. *iz still bitter*
Old 07-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Speaking of superheroes/mythological figures, I remember some people mentioning Josh for Thor.
They casted Chris Hemsworth for the role, btw.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread