Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's time to step down.

Well, the title says it all, but I am going to steal a few minutes of your time and leave here a message to say goodbye to my experience as a moderator, and to explain my choice to those of you who will read this post.

This decision wasn't an easy one - I've actually been thinking it over since the summer of last year, and going back and forth between my options so many times, waiting to be sure, or simply waiting for the perfect moment - which never seemed to come.

This board has been my online "home" for so many years, the first online place I felt completely comfortable at, where I learned what fandom even was and how fun it could be.
And it's exactly because I am so attached to this little corner of the web and the people here, that I think it's only fair for me to leave a position that I can't hold with the same commitment and interest that I used to have anymore.
My real life has got busier in the past couple of years, leaving me with less spare time to spend online in general, but I have also struggled to do a good job as a moderator for a while now because my motivation is not the same of the old days - especially in small boards like ours, a mod needs all the enthusiasm possible to keep the discussion alive, engage the posters and contribute to the life of the forum, and I haven't been able to give my 100% and do justice to the role, and the best service to the board.

But this isn't a goodbye - I am going to stay around as a regular poster, and try to be as active as possible while enjoying my returned "freedom", because I can't imagine giving up my daily chatting with all of you, or not keeping track of what Josh is up to.
So, if you were ready to celebrate getting rid of me for good after what you read above... put down the champagne.

I want to take the opportunity to thank the administrators and moderator managers for putting their trust in me five years ago, when I was appointed, and for all the help they've given me since then.
A big, huge thank you to those I've shared this experience with, my co-mods: Louise, who gave me the very first tips and was so kind, and incredibly patient when I barely knew how to move around in my brand new mod uniform; Crystal, partner-in-crime extraordinaire and super funny and nice colleague; and Julie, who has been wonderful and covering for all I've been lacking in the past months, so understanding even when I told her I was thinking about stepping down in a moment that isn't the best one I could've picked - but I know that I'm leaving the board in very good hands with her in charge.
I have fond memories of co-modding with each of you, and you all have been fantastic to me, incredibly easy to get along with, and "work" with.
And thanks to all the posters, as well, for making it easy for me to be a moderator here, with being friendly, smart and funny, and tolerant of all opinions expressed - I am proud of how open and honest the discussion has always been in this board. Thank you for keeping the board alive for so many years with your posts.
Sorry about all the things I could have done more or better.
I really hope someone with the right motivation will step up to replace me, and that whatever happens, this great board will stay around for a long, long time more.

See you all around.

Fran
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Loyal Fan

You know I don't speak and write english ...
I can only say... thank you for everything Fran.
Jay_ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 AM
MST Manager

Thank you for everything, Fran.
Sulieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Fran I hadn't logged in two months and for some reason today felt the urge. Have to say I was rather suprised to see this but I completely understand your reasons, having been in the same position a few years ago it must have been a difficult decision. It will be strange to no longer see your name as moderator but I am glad you will still be posting - it just would not be the Josh board without you.
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tiziana, Julie, Louise - thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, and for your words. you all.
Reply   Post New Thread