Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killith (View Post)
but... I'm disappointed... why is this thread not finished?? I thought I'm coming back to a shiny new thread and then this??... that is not good....

I wasn't around much and posted little, haven't been feeling good last few days and the result is... that the new opening isn't here.
I was also hoping that someone else would visit to help with the title at least, but no G&Ber came to the rescue.

I hope you had a good trip while I was here failing my duties, at least.
Quote:
I think they won't change it because it makes them happy... even if we don't like it
I know, but I like to call the writers on their screw-ups and shoot to hell their attempts to create hype manipulating our feelings and reactions.
Quote:
I guess the main problem with having the characters sit down and talk about their personal things is that it slows down the pace of the show... it wouldn't work... then we would have people like Dawson analyzing every bit of feeling... and I don't think we want that
I don't know. Outlaws is my favorite episode of the show and you can say nothing happens in it, but it beats a lot of the mythology-driven eps in my book.
If the mythology advances but the characters look dumb or you can relate little to them I'm not a happy camper. Lindelof keep saying they spend 80% of their time discussing the characters, where is it on screen..?
Quote:
I guess it worked out... but it's not happening again... Americans eat to heavy for dinner... I like my apples
You swallow those carbs! *plans to hide a webcam in your kitchen to check on your meals*
Quote:
I'm glad you liked it... the writing is not too good... but what happens is kinda nice... and I proved that I'm capable of writing anything other than the sweet part, huh?
You're good! So stop saying you suck.
And I can totally state that the wait for chapter 2 was worth it.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)

I wasn't around much and posted little, haven't been feeling good last few days and the result is... that the new opening isn't here.
I was also hoping that someone else would visit to help with the title at least, but no G&Ber came to the rescue.
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well ... and it's too bad that nobody was posting here to help you finish the thread... but I'm back now now we can open the new shiny thread
Quote:
I hope you had a good trip while I was here failing my duties, at least.
I really had a great trip.. it was so amazing.. you can see some pics tomorrow, but I have to sort and upload them first...
Quote:
I know, but I like to call the writers on their screw-ups and shoot to hell their attempts to create hype manipulating our feelings and reactions.
yeah I get it I like to do that too... I think I noticed after the past tv season that they are doing it in almost every show... it is really frustrating.. and Lost is the worst
Quote:
I don't know. Outlaws is my favorite episode of the show and you can say nothing happens in it, but it beats a lot of the mythology-driven eps in my book.
If the mythology advances but the characters look dumb or you can relate little to them I'm not a happy camper. Lindelof keep saying they spend 80% of their time discussing the characters, where is it on screen..?
I just saw Outlaws the other week and I love that episode too... even if it is not as fast as the other episodes...I love when they work out the characters!!
the thing is... I like both kinds of episodes... the character driven ones and the mythology driven eps... for my liking they show focus a little more on the character driven eps... and I really really think they forgot Juliet in Season 5 ... I mean we didn't get anything... and I suspect that's why I think we're definitely going to see something of her next season because they just can't leave it at that....
Quote:
You swallow those carbs! *plans to hide a webcam in your kitchen to check on your meals*
... ok I'm waiting for that webcam!! then I can say hi to you when I eat my apple in the evening
Quote:
You're good! So stop saying you suck.
And I can totally state that the wait for chapter 2 was worth it.
Ok ... if you say so...
I read something about a tree in another fanfic last night... I'll have to find that for you... but it was only a short thing, but still nice... I think we have lurkers here
Luke & Lorelai, James & Juliet
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well... and it's too bad that nobody was posting here to help you finish the thread... but I'm back now now we can open the new shiny thread
I just felt super tired all the time since Friday night, I believe - I'm losing track of the days, lol! I woke up feeling tired even I had overslept, and Saturday and Sunday were meh.
I don't have the new thread ready yet and I have to go offline for a few hours soon, I'm so sorry , what do we do? We open right now and then change it later, or wait? Considering me, you and Tracey have been the only visitors lately we can do as we please, lol.
Quote:
I really had a great trip.. it was so amazing.. you can see some pics tomorrow, but I have to sort and upload them first...
I'm glad it was good!
Quote:
yeah I get it I like to do that too... I think I noticed after the past tv season that they are doing it in almost every show... it is really frustrating.. and Lost is the worst
I just would love one day to sit in a room with Lindelof and Cuse and be watching an episode with a big WTF moment, and after it shows on screen they'll turn to me and say "So, what you think?", and I'll look completely unimpressed.
I should get such a kick from that.
Quote:
I just saw Outlaws the other week and I love that episode too... even if it is not as fast as the other episodes...I love when they work out the characters!!
the thing is... I like both kinds of episodes... the character driven ones and the mythology driven eps... for my liking they show focus a little more on the character driven eps... and I really really think they forgot Juliet in Season 5 ... I mean we didn't get anything... and I suspect that's why I think we're definitely going to see something of her next season because they just can't leave it at that....
I don't mind mythology and enjoy it when it doesn't take away from the characters. When things are balanced, I get and love the geeky stuff (I do love sci-fi and supernatural themes, but Lost has always been labelled a character show and that's what I started watching for), but like in the case of Juliet, if I'm left not knowing what the characters feel or think but you hit me over the head with time traveling & co., I end up rebelling against that... call it a form of unconscious protest, lol.
Quote:
ok I'm waiting for that webcam!! then I can say hi to you when I eat my apple in the evening
Then I'll corrupt your roommate in hiding the apples until you've eaten either pasta, bread or cereals.
Quote:
Ok... if you say so...
I do.
Quote:
I read something about a tree in another fanfic last night... I'll have to find that for you... but it was only a short thing, but still nice... I think we have lurkers here
Awesome, left's spread the tree love!

Good thing I have you for giving me a real tree-fix.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I just felt super tired all the time since Friday night, I believe - I'm losing track of the days, lol! I woke up feeling tired even I had overslept, and Saturday and Sunday were meh.
that doesn't sound good at all... Is it better today or do you still feel so tired? I feel tired today and somehow a little out of it... work is not going too well, but I try to stay optimistic...
Quote:
I don't have the new thread ready yet and I have to go offline for a few hours soon, I'm so sorry , what do we do? We open right now and then change it later, or wait? Considering me, you and Tracey have been the only visitors lately we can do as we please, lol.
I don't know what to do... I'll be gone at least the next 2 hours I think... so I guess starting the new thread can wait a little... not too many people post here anyways
Quote:
I just would love one day to sit in a room with Lindelof and Cuse and be watching an episode with a big WTF moment, and after it shows on screen they'll turn to me and say "So, what you think?", and I'll look completely unimpressed.
I should get such a kick from that.
yeah, we should do that in a group and show them that we want to see more and these WTF moments are getting old ....
Quote:
I don't mind mythology and enjoy it when it doesn't take away from the characters. When things are balanced, I get and love the geeky stuff (I do love sci-fi and supernatural themes, but Lost has always been labelled a character show and that's what I started watching for), but like in the case of Juliet, if I'm left not knowing what the characters feel or think but you hit me over the head with time traveling & co., I end up rebelling against that... call it a form of unconscious protest, lol.
unconscious protest!!! I miss more of the characters too... it really was too much mythology this year... the time traveling was just a bit much without knowing what the characters thought and felt. I really hope they get to address the characters in season 6 and explain their motives a bit more...
maybe they will even sit down and talk ...
Quote:
Then I'll corrupt your roommate in hiding the apples until you've eaten either pasta, bread or cereals.
ok I'll be waiting for that
Quote:
Awesome, left's spread the tree love!
Good thing I have you for giving me a real tree-fix.
spreading the tree love seems to be working ... that's a good thing maybe we'll get more soon...
so was it enough tree? do you need more?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
that doesn't sound good at all... Is it better today or do you still feel so tired? I feel tired today and somehow a little out of it... work is not going too well, but I try to stay optimistic...
Sorry to hear you're having a rough period, the experiments are frustrating you?
I'm still feeling tired, which is crazy considering how much I've slept in the past 3-4 days. I'm better today but it's barely 1 a.m. and I'm already yawning, and I overslept this morning and took a long in the afternoon. It's so annoying.
Quote:
I don't know what to do... I'll be gone at least the next 2 hours I think... so I guess starting the new thread can wait a little... not too many people post here anyways
I'm back, and I'll start reordening the stuff in the OP right now.
Do you anything to pass to me, like quotes or pics? i forgot our arrangements.
Quote:
yeah, we should do that in a group and show them that we want to see more and these WTF moments are getting old
Shocking scenes get old fast, once the "wow" has faded it's the long term storylines and the characters what keeps you hooked.
Quote:
unconscious protest!!! I miss more of the characters too... it really was too much mythology this year... the time traveling was just a bit much without knowing what the characters thought and felt. I really hope they get to address the characters in season 6 and explain their motives a bit more...
They've said S6 will have a S1 feel to it, be more about characters. I won't believe it until I see it.
Quote:
maybe they will even sit down and talk
It's not bed, really, if you write a good dialogue the audience won't notice there is no running around in the jungle and flying bullets, but they won't fall asleep.
Quote:
I'll be waiting for that
A apple a day keeps the doctor away.
But big meals every once in a while make your stomach smile.
Quote:
so was it enough tree?
This line has such an awesome sound.
It was a great amount of tree. But I wouldn't mind if the one-time guest star became a recurring guest star.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sorry I've not been posting here lately! I've not felt up to making a lot of posts lately for some reason, apart from on one board. I'm sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling great or sleeping well at the moment either, I know that's not fun. I hope you both start feeling better soon!

Do you guys have ideas for the new thread title already? We could use a quote of theirs from the show, or another critic/blogger mention? There was one posted in the EM thread on the Lost board earlier, where the writer listed EM as one of their picks for someone they'd choose to get an Emmy nomination..

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell, LOST

Much like her season five ’ship partner Josh Holloway, much of the credit for LOST’s success this year has to go to Elizabeth Mitchell. Always the “Other Woman,” her Juliet was able to shine a bit more this season, making the Juliet-Sawyer relationship the best the show has ever created. And let us not forget Mitchell’s great one-look reactions to anything having to do with Kate, Jack or destiny. Not many actresses can say so much with just a look. If I had a vote, she’d get it no question.
Source

I know there are tons of others though, just none that I have to hand right now! There's also always the option of lyrics, and I'm sure there are tons for S/J
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Sorry to hear you're having a rough period, the experiments are frustrating you?
I'm still feeling tired, which is crazy considering how much I've slept in the past 3-4 days. I'm better today but it's barely 1 a.m. and I'm already yawning, and I overslept this morning and took a long in the afternoon. It's so annoying.
Experiments aren't working... which is nothing new... it just get annoying after a while...
do you also feel sick? or is it just tiredness? I don't like tiredness I hope it's getting better soon... maybe some more sleep might help?
Quote:
I'm back, and I'll start reordening the stuff in the OP right now.
Do you anything to pass to me, like quotes or pics? i forgot our arrangements.
I have quotes to add to the OP...
I'll sent you a PM in a little bit with the quotes I sorted out
I was supposed to try to do something for The Incident.. but I still have to do that... I'll try something hopefully later tonight
Quote:
Shocking scenes get old fast, once the "wow" has faded it's the long term storylines and the characters what keeps you hooked.
I wish it wouldn't get old that fast... The Incident caught me... I knew nothing about that finale and I think it was pretty great... although I have to say the season finale in season 3 and 4 was better....
Quote:
They've said S6 will have a S1 feel to it, be more about characters. I won't believe it until I see it.
I'm sure you won't... you are the little pessimist
Quote:
It's not bed, really, if you write a good dialogue the audience won't notice there is no running around in the jungle and flying bullets, but they won't fall asleep.
If we had only gotten a little James and Juliet banter ... or just a little more talking between them...
but i have to say the actors did great with all the looks and lines they got... I mean you get what they are feeling... even if they are not talking and I love that especially on Lost
Quote:
A apple a day keeps the doctor away.
But big meals every once in a while make your stomach smile.
The apple does keep the doctor away! and I have a big sandwich for lunch ... that is a big meal
Quote:
This line has such an awesome sound.
It was a great amount of tree. But I wouldn't mind if the one-time guest star became a recurring guest star.
... I could see what I can do... but I can't promise anything... I don't even know where this story is going... I might never finish it...

ETA: I'm so slow in posting that somebody else posted before I could finish
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobeehan (View Post)
I'm sorry I've not been posting here lately! I've not felt up to making a lot of posts lately for some reason, apart from on one board. I'm sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling great or sleeping well at the moment either, I know that's not fun. I hope you both start feeling better soon!
Hi Sio, I'm glad that you found time to post!!!
It's ok to just read... I only read on most of the threads on FF so I understand.
you posting here makes us feel better already at least it's working for me!! thanks!!
Quote:
Do you guys have ideas for the new thread title already? We could use a quote of theirs from the show, or another critic/blogger mention? There was one posted in the EM thread on the Lost board earlier, where the writer listed EM as one of their picks for someone they'd choose to get an Emmy nomination..
I know there are tons of others though, just none that I have to hand right now! There's also always the option of lyrics, and I'm sure there are tons for S/J
I think we had something... right now I'm kinda lost on what it was
but I love that quote... we should maybe use that because I'm sure it's better than what we had planned to take

Last edited by Killith; 07-13-2009 at 05:34 PM
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Will reply to you girls in the new thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f227/gold-bl...josh-62904693/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread