Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Extreme Fan

ITA, Julie. Not enough Jason on those DVD's. I'm hoping they'll beef this DVD up with lots of extras...it's the least they could do, right?? Right?

Icon credit: Here
Old 05-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
...it's the least they could do, right?? Right?
Definitely Jen. I really hope they do. Although I just read that Rob will be doing commentary- should we be nervous? As much as I love commentary I'm so afraid he'll take away my good L/V ending that I have planted in my head LOL

But on a Logan stritcly note, I'm still so thrilled the last we see him is with his head held high and with that old Logan spark back.

Last edited by JulieB; 05-27-2007 at 11:20 AM
Old 05-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Julie--excellent point. He went out like the jackass he was at the beginning with more smarts (he thought through his action this time and wants to take the consequence if/when it comes.)
Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Exactly. I'm nervous about the commentary, because I have a nice L/V ending in my head that makes me happy...I don't want it ruined! And, I agree with Roz, he was still a jackass, but a smart jackass!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

It was such a great ride while it lasted. I'm so glad though that the character of Logan will always live on though in pop culture. What Jason did with this character was amazing. And I was so pumped last year when Joss named him in his top tv characters of all time. Coming from Joss, that made it even more awesome
Old 06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've decided that Logan will always be my favorite TV boyfriend. I pretty much love every aspect of Logan..from emo to OPJ. Can't help it! I'll miss Logan.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

He's definitely my all-time favorite tv character (yes, even over GOB Bluth!), and I don't see him leaving that spot for a very, VERY long time. I'm excited that Jason will be back on television in the fall, but I'm still going to miss Logan like crazy.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by palegreen (View Post)
He's definitely my all-time favorite tv character (yes, even over GOB Bluth!), and I don't see him leaving that spot for a very, VERY long time. I'm excited that Jason will be back on television in the fall, but I'm still going to miss Logan like crazy.
Me too! And I don't think watchign the DVDs will help with not missing him. Now that I'm moved...I'm gong to have to have a VM marathon..and just look at Logan
Old 06-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I'm happy for Jason, but I'm really going to miss Logan He will be my favorite TV for a long time Sure, he had his faults, but I loved them too!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Found this over at TWOP - it's a post from an extra who worked on VM:

Quote:
Jason put a lot of work into his performances. It was not unusual to see him off in a corner or on the side of the road making the transformation into Logan. And I'm not talking about taking a few minutes to rehearse. It was a long deliberate process. I haven't seen other actors prepare like that. When we'd see it happening we would make sure to stay out of his way so as not to disturb his preparation. Not because of anything he ever said or did, but rather out of respect for someone so dedicated to his craft.

One of my favorite scenes to watch being filmed was in Ruskie Business when he appeared at the 80's party as a ****faced Tom Cruise. We did a lot of takes where he burst onto the scene, telling everyone to wang chung or get their asses kicked. There were background and principal actors everywhere, the costumes were incredible, the set was awesome, and his brilliance was just riveting. It was definitely a 'whoa' moment for me.

I haven't read all of his interviews, but if he has spoken to his technique and method, it would be a worthwhile read.
Also, I had no idea where to put this, so I put it in here since it's to do with JD preparing to be Logan. But if it should be somewhere else feel free to move! Oh, and sorry if anyone else has already posted this - I looked but didn't see anywhere else!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that...I think this would probably be a good place..or the Jason appreciation thread. Talks about both

Anyways..I love reading about how an actor prepares for a role. It's cool to think how the go from being their real life selves then into this person that could totally be a 180 of their normal personality.

Did that make any sense? I feel rambly tonight and stuff but who knows if I make sense!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Awww, that was nice! Thanks for bringing it over.

Michael mentioned something similar about Jason at Breakout - how he kept to himself and sort of stayed in character on the set and in doing that it helped him avoid all of the drama and politics going on around him. Michael actually used the word "pure". I thought that was really interesting.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Aww..that's really sweet, Sam. That might be while Jason loves meeting fans so much, because he's not Logan, but can talk about the character (did that make sense?)
Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for posting that...it's so nice to hear how dedicated JD was about the character. And Sam, that's an awesome story from Breakout and it's great that another actor saw that in him.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the post about Jason's preparation. It's still amazing to see how dedicated he is to the craft.

I'll miss Logan too but at least he will live on in other ways. I recently started my season one marathon again. It's funny how you've seen eps so many times but still try and find new things you might not have noticed before.