Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Since you are the William Sadler moderator a good random fact is that he guest starred on Roswell as the delivery kid who was the last person to see Alex alive. He's also had several other guest starring roles including Judging Amy, The Division, and Boston Public.

And he's beautiful and extremely sweet.

And yes you should be watching Veronica Mars.

"Coffee without caffeine. Can someone explain that to me? That's like sex without the spanking." - Cupid
Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

You should especially watch tonights, since this episode is the big first kiss!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

ahh the kiss....sigh... yes JD appears to be a very good kisser
Old 08-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I have the TiVo all set up to record all episodes of Veronica Mars, starting with tonight's. Aren't you proud of me?

Proud to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yhaaaa very proud it is too bad you don't get to watch the program from the begining it is very hevaly story arced and you are so about to get spoiled.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Which is the site that is so great at getting ppl caught up? marsinvestigations.com? I can't remember. But the TWoP recaps are really good, too.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

heh I love this thread, lots of random Jason info. But yeah, he plays Logan Echolls on Veronica Mars...and is very hot. Oh yeah and he's an amazing actor and all that good stuff.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_69
His twin sisters played the little girl on "Growing Pains". One of those random facts....
What little girl? You mean Chrissie? Wow, I didn't know that.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Violet
What little girl? You mean Chrissie? Wow, I didn't know that.
Chrissie pre magic 8 year growth spurt between seasons.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee
Which is the site that is so great at getting ppl caught up? marsinvestigations.com? I can't remember. But the TWoP recaps are really good, too.
Ah, that site has its own message boards, so we can't post a link to it here, but the word "recap" tipped me off -- I'm on my there now, to enjoy the snark and the lack of TV pity and see if I can't read some Veronica Mars recaps.

Proud to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

TWoP recaps are the best. Couch Baron is so funny and really likes the show so he's not nasty about it like some of the other recapers.

http://www.marsinvestigations.net/ is the site RT has on his web-site for newbies to go to inorder to get caught up.
He looks better in red. ~ River
Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Congrats on being our temp mod MS Carolyn I hope you enjoy it here. I'm an old Roswell from way back as well. It's what brought me to FF.

So much as been said already. Um, Jason has been acting since he was pretty young, with various roles in tv and movies. He actually auditioned for the role of Duncan first but I guess he played it kind of dark and was cast as Logan instead. Thank goodness, Logan really fits his wide range as an actor. Over the season he pretty much won over a huge part of the VM fanbase partly I think because he's just so charismatic onscreen. His evolving character arc has been one of the best things about VM this past season imo.

It's also been noted on the various recaps of the VM cast appearances at the mall tour and Comic Con that Jason is very nice and generous to the fans.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Loyal Fan

He has a brief appareance in the movie Deep Impact. He was the kid in the audience of the school assembly who said something like 'you know you're going to have sex like all the time now. Famous people always get sex.' (Don't remember exact words.)

Reportedly, he ad-libbed that line. Which makes me love him more!

And Ms Carolyn, I'd love to know what you think after watching some eps and reading some recaps. (as long as it is positive, I suppose.)
Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB
He actually auditioned for the role of Duncan first but I guess he played it kind of dark and was cast as Logan instead.
Didn't they think he wasn't pretty enough? Crazy. But, as you said, thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxymama
And Ms Carolyn, I'd love to know what you think after watching some eps and reading some recaps. (as long as it is positive, I suppose.)
I'd even being willing to hear the not as positive, if such a thing existed.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Yes supposedly the word was out that Jason wasn't the handsome enough to play a romantic lead. Here's part of a RT interview that I love,

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6002390/

"Generally what I feel you get told by networks is, ‘We need dreamboats.”’ says Thomas. “Jason, while he’s a handsome guy, is a real actor. He has an intensity that almost can make you uncomfortable ... I’m just riveted by him.”"

Not dreamy enough??? hmph

And here's part of an interview where Jason talks about the Duncan audition,

http://www.starrymag.com/content.asp...ORY=Interviews

"I originally auditioned for "Duncan." If I remember right, I played it a little dark. So they had me read for this other kid that smashes in headlights and smiles the whole time. Fun fun fun. "