Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In my town we have this local radio station AM that focuses on callers calling in to share their "surpernatural" stories or urban legends they know or experienced everyday. It's really cool to hear all different type of stories being told, besides they pass these freaky scary type of music to fit the mood. And it's great cause it adds alot to the show, my mom and I sit down and listen to it from 9 pm to 12 when it finishes. Then she gets all creeped out and leaves to do something else. LOL

When it gets closer to Halloween, they make the show longer...from about 6 in the evening to 2 am or something. It's almost like watching a scary movie but all your doing is listening to the radio in the dark and listening to these people talk.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I finally watched the show on Saturday night. It was pretty scary! I've been fascinated by the tales of "La Llorona" for a number of years. The stories are based in Southwest U.S. and Mexico, and were basically used to scare children into not going out at night or "La Llorona" (the crying / weeping woman) will get you. Mothers would tell their children that they could hear La Llorona outside by listening to the wind howling at night - saying it was she crying for her dead children. The stories change by region and through the generations, going all the way back to Aztec times. Some even believe that the story is based on the love story of Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortes's love affair with his Mexican native translator, Malinche. He betrayed her by going back to Spain, and she was unconsolable.

It'll be interesting to see what urban legend they decide to use next. And what is the urban legend basis of the killing of the mother and the girlfriend? Something that consumes by fire? Hmmm...

Here are some "La Llorona" links in English. (You can find a ton in Spanish, of course.)

http://www.literacynet.org/lp/hpersp...s/llorona.html

Lots of good info here: Wendigo’s and The Hitchhiker Ghost:
http://www.ghosts.org/faq/4-1.html

http://myth.web-indexes.com/american...a-Llorona.html
Old 09-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJordan23
In my town we have this local radio station AM that focuses on callers calling in to share their "surpernatural" stories or urban legends they know or experienced everyday. It's really cool to hear all different type of stories being told, besides they pass these freaky scary type of music to fit the mood. And it's great cause it adds alot to the show, my mom and I sit down and listen to it from 9 pm to 12 when it finishes. Then she gets all creeped out and leaves to do something else. LOL

When it gets closer to Halloween, they make the show longer...from about 6 in the evening to 2 am or something. It's almost like watching a scary movie but all your doing is listening to the radio in the dark and listening to these people talk.

Wow, that sounds cool, and really really creepy. Like being camping and telling ghost stories around the fire. I shudder just thinking of it! How in the world can you bring yourself to sleep after!?
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Bent137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow that's amazing the stories that you guys have, and the different legends that you know of

Hoodie Thanxs for those websites, I've added them to the opener
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent137
Wow, that sounds cool, and really really creepy. Like being camping and telling ghost stories around the fire. I shudder just thinking of it! How in the world can you bring yourself to sleep after!?
^ ^ LOL...well I don't try to think about the stories I heard when going to sleep, so that helps.

They are a few times when I do think about them and have a hard time going to sleep. But those are only when some really weird or scary stories are told.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't be able to sleep
Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I sometimes have issues with random nightmares and what not. And like, feeling someone is watching me, but no one is there. If you know what I mean. Once in a while I'll force myself to wake at like 3am or so, because I'm so screwed up that I can feel it, whatever I'd been dreaming about had scared me so bad that it woke me without my actually waking and it's like I'm stuck in my dream and that in itself is scary, so then I have to wake myself up, and when I do I'm usually all sweaty and sticky and clutching the bed like I'd just pulled myself, literally, out of the dream. It sucks.
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Bent137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I use to have the trouble, I had some scaring ones. I don't remember my dreams half the time now
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I sometimes have issues with random nightmares and what not. And like, feeling someone is watching me, but no one is there. If you know what I mean. Once in a while I'll force myself to wake at like 3am or so, because I'm so screwed up that I can feel it, whatever I'd been dreaming about had scared me so bad that it woke me without my actually waking and it's like I'm stuck in my dream and that in itself is scary, so then I have to wake myself up, and when I do I'm usually all sweaty and sticky and clutching the bed like I'd just pulled myself, literally, out of the dream. It sucks.
^ ^ I can relate, if I stay thinking about something too long then I start tripping myself out. So that's why I try really hard to clear my head before going to bed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I've had nightmares and hadn't even watched a scary movie at all.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I know that feeling so well but I have a trick that helps me sleeping without those scary or disturbing nightmares, just try to listen to your fav. music (the gentler the better) and drink some Aspirin, that always helped me sleeping better.

Icon Credit
Sonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cool trick, I always listen to my fave radio station before going to bed
Old 09-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ Yea cause then in silence you start to think your hearing stuff.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've done that, think that I hear things in my room
Old 09-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea I think we all do sometimes...or worse see things.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Back in grade 9 after seeing this one ghost movie, I thought I saw stuff and heard things. I was up half the night in the dark Scaring
Reply   Post New Thread