Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
That would be wonderful and also very much in character for Dean to do so.
Yes!! I would love to see some in character Dean!! It's been so freaken long.

Mergana, great title!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

YES! No way would IC Dean put up with her hating on his brother.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Guys if Lisa is mentioned this week I think I might pull a Lucy and smite a few people.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

If Lisa is mentioned this week, it means that all the things said in the interviews about Dean & Sam being their old selves (in the second half of S6) is crap. It means that showrunner knows nothing about fans' desires and expectations
Geez, I wish this storyline was over. Lisa is the first character on a show that I hate. I have seen a lot of different shows in my life (even stupid ones ) but there was never such a horrible character like Lisa. Minor characters like her shouldn't be written in a way that changes main characters and the dynamics of a show.
(Lisa is the left one)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

^There are some minor characters that I like though...like Bobby, Rufus, Cas. I think the problem is, Lisa wasn't written in organically to the story. They wanted to give Dean a "Jess", if that makes sense, but it just didn't come out right. They wanted to give him a love that he gave up hunting to be with, that he lived with, that "normal life" crap...only to have that girl taken away. I mean, they just didn't write her very well IMO. It would have been more believable to have Dean have gone down a very, very destructive path only to meet a girl who then in turn helps him grieve Sam and saves his life instead of having him run back to Lisa. If they ever show parts of his year living with him, I'll bet you'll be able to tell he wasn't really happy.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only woman I really see Dean with was Cassie. I know she was from way back when , but she was a tough cookie and even though she was only in one episode there was meat to her character all we got from Lisa is she was a skank who Dean hooked up with once and has a kid that god knows who the father is and we are supposed to get the "Love of a life time " Vibe from her I am not going to drink the koolaide on this one she has got to go

oh yes before i forget. potential title for the thread

Anti Lisa thread # 6 Because Lisa wants Dean to be as good with her as he is with Ben
The Place where I write down the Kooky stuff my brain comes up with
http://www.fanfiction.net/~littlelostroyale
Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

The thing about Cassie, for me, was that I got the impression that they agreed that they weren't right for each other at the end of the episode. But that's the good thing about this show, is that sometimes storylines are left open so that everyone can interpret them ever how they want. For example, I want Sam with Sarah from Provenance. Like so, so, so bad. Or Becky...just because I think if anyone is going to be able to be there for him and love him and care for him and be able to see past everything that's happened, and deal with all the stuff that comes with him having been in the cage for 200 years of hell time it would be Becky. Becky is a total Sam!girl through and through.

But honestly, for Dean, I just don't think we've met the right girl for Dean on SPN yet. I think Dean needs someone who can match him toe for toe in personality and wit, and someone who understands his relationship with Sam, and someone who loves him unconditionally. All things Lisa is not.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbailey (View Post)
The thing about Cassie, for me, was that I got the impression that they agreed that they weren't right for each other at the end of the episode. But that's the good thing about this show, is that sometimes storylines are left open so that everyone can interpret them ever how they want. For example, I want Sam with Sarah from Provenance. Like so, so, so bad. Or Becky...just because I think if anyone is going to be able to be there for him and love him and care for him and be able to see past everything that's happened, and deal with all the stuff that comes with him having been in the cage for 200 years of hell time it would be Becky. Becky is a total Sam!girl through and through.

But honestly, for Dean, I just don't think we've met the right girl for Dean on SPN yet. I think Dean needs someone who can match him toe for toe in personality and wit, and someone who understands his relationship with Sam, and someone who loves him unconditionally. All things Lisa is not.

I totally loved Sarah, I think the issue is that we as fans know the Winchesters are a unit and they don't do well without each other. Jess came close and you see what happend I don't want to call it the "Winchester Curse" but I don't think that there are female characters strong enough to with stand that bond they have because they are quick to die , go to hell and throw the world under the bus for each other and most females are going to want a guy to feel that way about them.

But with Sam and Dean that is never going to happen she is always going to be number 2 I mean how can she compete with " Um yeah I love you but I sold and my soul for my brother " I do agree with Becky i know she can be a bit Spazzy as we all can get around the boys but she knows the story , she understands they are both broken but beautiful men and she would never come in between them because she was a fan first .
Old 02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbailey (View Post)
Guys if Lisa is mentioned this week I think I might pull a Lucy and smite a few people.
I'm right there with ya.

PLEASE don't let her tarnish our upcoming half-season!

Icon
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris_Capone (View Post)
I totally loved Sarah, I think the issue is that we as fans know the Winchesters are a unit and they don't do well without each other. Jess came close and you see what happend I don't want to call it the "Winchester Curse" but I don't think that there are female characters strong enough to with stand that bond they have because they are quick to die , go to hell and throw the world under the bus for each other and most females are going to want a guy to feel that way about them.

But with Sam and Dean that is never going to happen she is always going to be number 2 I mean how can she compete with " Um yeah I love you but I sold and my soul for my brother " I do agree with Becky i know she can be a bit Spazzy as we all can get around the boys but she knows the story , she understands they are both broken but beautiful men and she would never come in between them because she was a fan first .
hahaha I totally agree about Becky...maybe they can share her? Kidding, kidding.

But I think you're right about it being hard to have a believable character who can deal with the whole "I went to hell for my brother" thing. Even the "I went to hell, willingly, to save the world" thing. It's almost become too much for the writers to overcome if they ever plan to write in a female character. And I agree that it is difficult for fans to see a female character get in between Sam and Dean...because nobody messes with out boys.

Oh and guys, my love for Ben just officially went out the window...

Spoiler:

Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

@ssbailey: about the spoiler... you can't expect Ben to be nice and smart kid, after all he is Lisa's son...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Wrong move Ben!!!

I can't believe I liked you once...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

I already knew that spoiler but..

Ben...

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

This just shows that Lisa is an awful mother she raised an out and out liar. I mean I am sure that Dean was the only stable father the kid ever knew but Dean problably wants to get on with his life and get the smell of skank off his skin so Ben this was an Epic FAIL ! ( hopefully )
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
I already knew that spoiler but..

Ben...
I know, same here. Now that we have confirmation though, I'm like...

Credit: tenthofjune
Closed Thread   Post New Thread