Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina
I don't see this as a rehash of S4 at all. Not even close. Dean did something bad, but he isn't off drinking demon blood or anything. I actually see this more in S2 after their dad died and Dean kind of went all monster killing crazy. Dean had a secret then too. See, if the show goes in that direction then I don't mind! Keep going! I just hope this gets revealed in Dean's court case next episode so they can start dealing with it.
I'd love it if the show went in that direction. There was a punch in s2 too, when Dean wasn't able to deal with John's death. Anyway, I hope that the Amy killing thing will be dealt with quickly, like in the next ep, and it'll be Dean who admits that he's done a mistake and he's sorry or just saying it in order to be honest with Sam.

I don't blame Dean too. And it's not like he killed Amy in front of the kid on purpose, he didn't know that Rary or whatever's his name was standing there.

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

I would love it if this was all dealt with next episode but this is SPN so not likely. But when it is dealt with, I do hope Dean explains himself sincerely and maybe we can even get some moments through this! I am hopeful, okay?!!

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
I would love it if this was all dealt with next episode but this is SPN so not likely. But when it is dealt with, I do hope Dean explains himself sincerely and maybe we can even get some moments through this! I am hopeful, okay?!!
You're right, probably we'll have to wait like ten episodes. I'm right there with you in being hopeful

Aga

Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

I would love for it to come out next ep. especially since they are dealing with his guilt issues. but this is SPN they love dragging this kind of stuff out

I think it would be interesting if the kid came back some day but no way do I want him to kill them
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I am not sure if they used the scene with the kid to homage 'Kill Bill' or if it will actually come up again. Personally I hope its the former. I don't need some crazy killer kid.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Total Fan

Tbh I don't want to see that kid ever again. Some revenging child doesn't sound very interesting to me

Aga

Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
New Fan

Am I the only one that finds Dean not killing "the kid" very strange?

When writing the episode they must have forgotten that the kid actually needs to feed to survive. Dean just cut of he's only "food supply" so for him to come back as an adult, like Dean told him to, would mean him killing humans the next 6-8 years (depending on what age a monster must be for Dean to find it morally justifiable to kill it).
If "the kid" should decide not to kill anyone, even if his mother was killed in cold blood for being a monster by a human. And why should the kid not kill by the way? His mother stopped killing but Dean killed her anyway, so he's dammed if he does and dammed if he don't...
But let say that he does not kill. That means either him sneaking in to the morgue stealing dead bodies (HE'S A KID!). And since that is pretty close to impossible the only option left is for him to starve to death which is a pretty inhuman way to die.

So I conclude
In this episode I learned that: Dean is a sadistic bastard that either wants "kids" to starve them selves to death or to kill humans (which makes no sense) until they become adults so that he can kill them without feeling bad about it.
jpi1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpi1982 (View Post)
So I conclude
In this episode I learned that: Dean is a sadistic bastard that either wants "kids" to starve them selves to death or to kill humans (which makes no sense) until they become adults so that he can kill them without feeling bad about it.
I don't think Dean thought of it that way at all. No matter what his views of monsters are I can't see him killing a kid.

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 10-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Celebrities

yay i also can't see dean a killing a kid.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpi1982 (View Post)

So I conclude
For me the explanation is simple: Dean didn't kill that kid because basically he's not able to murder a child.

Aga

Old 10-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

first: I really like this episode and I <3333333333333333 the scene(s) with Sam and Dean in the motel room. Especially the "trusting" scene. Just heartbreaking.
I'm happy that Bobby is alive. And I also liked Sams story. Especially the idea with the flashbacks.

But... I'm also a little bit disappointed... Maybe because I expected something different. Everything was so fast, especially in the beginning with the hospital (where got Dean this eyebrow/ear wound?! In the last episode I couldn't see anything)
And I don't like the end. I mean he said that he trusts Sam and that he have to start trust him again... But than he drives straight to Amy and kills her without a blink of an eye? It doesn't fit. Okay I understand his thoughts... but on the other hand he lied to Sam and the words he said to Amy... yeah he is right... but I couldn't help... all the time my thoughts went to Sam and the "motel 'freak'/trust scene" ealier ... I don't like this deployment (but I'm happy that he didn't kill Jacob)

edit: even though I can't wait for the next episode in three weeks. (That's the bad thing about vacation)

Last edited by Kayara; 10-08-2011 at 02:06 PM
Kayara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayara (View Post)

But... I'm also a litte bit disappointed... Maybe because I expected something different. Everything was so fast, especially in the beginning with the hospital (where got Dean this eyebrow/ear wound?! In the last episode I couldn't see anything)
And I don't like the end. I mean he said that he trusts Sam and that he have to start trust him again... But than he drives straight to Amy and kills her without a blink of an eye? It doesn't fit. Okay I understand his thoughts... but on the other hand he lied to Sam and the words he said to Amy... yeah he is right... but I couldn't help... all the time my thoughts went to Sam and the "motel 'freak' scene" ealier ... I dont' like this deployment (but I'm happy that he didn't kill Jacob)
Same here During Dean killing Amy scene all I could think about was the brothers' conversation and Dean assuring Sam that he trusts him. They really need to talk this case over because obviosly they're not dealing well with all the recent crap.

Aga

Old 10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Celebrities

yes they really need to talk out their issue honestly once & for all & stop laying to each other!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
New Fan

How many humans do you guys think this "kid" will kill before he is an adult?
Dean had plenty of time to think about that before driving over to kill the mother...

Remember that they do not eat because they just enjoy the taste. They eat because they die without it.
The fact that the mother feed him even though she did not want to kill and that she feed him "brains" from dead people even though it could kill him proves that.
Why would she do that if it was not a necessity?
The fact that "the kid" has not killed is because his mother has not let him. He only eats what she gets in the morgue. Now that Dean has made sure that "he" does not get any more from the morgue, he has to kill or he will die. And why should he not kill? Dean killed his mother even though she stopped killing so what lesson does that teach "the kid".

Also he is not a kid... He is not human, he is a predator. If a baby shark starts eating the surfers, do you let it continue because it is so young?

The fact is that Dean indirectly killed a lot of humans by killing the mother and letting "the kid" go. Best case scenario is that the kid never figures out how to feed and dies of hunger.
Far less people would have died if he let the mother live and told her that he would kill them both if she ever killed again...
jpi1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Celebrities

that is true they kill because they need to survive! for them its survuval of the fittest.