Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

This became immediately one of my favorite episodes. I was worried about Brock but he nailed it and made me proud. I just wanted a scene were Dean would have saved Sammy in high school, but it worked better that way probably. It was so weird of seeing the table turn with the boys. First Dean was the one who everybody liked and then he became the sad lonely boy. And the other way around with Sam. But I loved how they were together even when they were young. "I will rip his lungs out"

The end just ruined this a little for me. Nobody can expect boys to be completely happy because of the situation they are in now, but in the end Sam was like he isn't happy at all. He should - even though all the crap that has been laid to his neck as well as Dean's, they are together. He has a brother who loves him more than anything else in the whole wide world. That should mean something and ease the weight.

And the nuthuggers and the sweats
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Pempees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I totally loved this episode!!

Brock did a great job on portraying Teen!Dean, you could totally see, the older Dean. Not only the talking, but his actions as well.

First I didn´t understand, why Dean didn´t want to go back to the high school. But that was only until they showed, how he was called "a sad lonely boy". It totally showed his character.

Nuthuggers and sweatsuit!! I never thought, that someone could look so hot in those!!

So, Sam always didn´t want to hang into the family business. I really didn´t think, he would take actions, after Dirk bullied him. It was somehow unexpected for me.

Sam had so much pity in his face, when he realized, that he gave Dirk the nickname and made the later years and weeks so hard for him.

I´m glad, this week´s episode wasn´t as dark as the ones before...
"Brother, I got rehyminated!!!"
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Elite Fan

Sam must've had one hell of a growth spurt once he hit puberty because JPad is a giant. Otherwise, Brock and Colin were perfect as teenage Dean and Sam. Not only were their physical resemblances uncanny, they'd clearly studied the other episodes because they had J2's acting styles down and were able to become Sam and Dean.

It's interesting how in the end, Dirk's situation turned out to be almost similar to Dean's. He could never fit in at school, didn't know how to be normal so he put on a tough guy act by picking on Barry the same way Dean was disrespectful to his teacher to try to be cool, but in their home lives both were devoted to taking care of their families. Both had to be very private and were unable to reach out to anyone, Dirk never had any friends, Dean couldn't stick around anywhere and commit to one girl. Dean is a hero, saving lives, not an angry spirit seeking revenge but his price is being a sad, lonely boy underneath. Neither one of them can change.

Sam in scrubs
Sam as janitor (hot janitor)
Nuthuggers
tracksuit

No Ruby return of classic rock

cheldax46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode although I would have to watch it again. It had so many distractions Yeah, it's me getting shallow again. J2 are distractions - I cannot concentrate on the story of the episode. Jeez!

Though, I did love the resemblance. I especially love Colin - he jsut nailed Sammy boy!

I'll post more when I'm more coherent.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

So, I just rewatched Wendigo. I laughed twice as hard at the part where Dean says he "doesn't do shorts". Oh, how time changes things.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

i haven't seen it any idea where i can watch it? YT's vid was pulled out
Old 02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can get you download link if you'd like?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

I rewatched it again for the nth time, and I just love the episode so much. Jared, Jensen, Brock and Colin were so awesome and total

Poor Barry and highschool can be such a pain to some people

the nuthuggers of course

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still trying to get over Dean in shorts

Adore Wee!Sam sooo much. Adorable.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved After School Special. I am a school teacher so I had a laugh at the portrayal of the typical P.E teacher. Our P.E teacher on staff is pretty close to that as well! Recently, he had to leave early for an emergency and I happened to have a break and took his last period class. I am not a trained P.E teacher but all I remember was using the whistle a little too much and loving it. I thought back to Dean and said, man, the whistle really does make me their God!!! Now I want one for my regular third grade classroom!

Pillow Talkers / Wincest / Petrellicest / Chasey
Avatar made with: http://www.sp-studio.de/
DemonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

that's awesome Chris! Well, kids would follow anyone with a whistle, like Dean said, it makes him the kids' God

av
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
It's interesting how in the end, Dirk's situation turned out to be almost similar to Dean's. He could never fit in at school, didn't know how to be normal so he put on a tough guy act by picking on Barry the same way Dean was disrespectful to his teacher to try to be cool, but in their home lives both were devoted to taking care of their families. Both had to be very private and were unable to reach out to anyone, Dirk never had any friends, Dean couldn't stick around anywhere and commit to one girl. Dean is a hero, saving lives, not an angry spirit seeking revenge but his price is being a sad, lonely boy underneath. Neither one of them can change.
That is such a great and interesting observation! I never thought about it that way. I felt so bad for Dirk with his backstory, especially because you can see how bad Sam felt as well. Ahh the manpain!

This definitely is one of my favorite episodes. I've been waiting for it and counting down we'd see the flashbacks. And Dean. In red shorts. Tight, red, short gym shorts with a matching headband. I love all the promo pics of him as the PE coach and him with the entire class. The way he enunciated "dodge" had me rolling.

I loved Brock Kelly as Dean but my heart definitely was all for Colin Ford. [Esp. since it was a Sam ep]. He IS young Sam- I can't picture anyone else but him. He's perfect from the way he spoke, his mannerisms and sighs, etc. I love the montage of both Sams running their fingers through their hair. It was really cute. And I thought it was funny when Dirk [possessing the Asian girl] told Sam that he got taller. LOL. [P.S. I would give anything to be that extra...get to be in Jared's arms...::guh::].

I also love Dean threatening to "rip his [Dirk's] lung's out!" [Both in the past and present. I love seeing Dean being protective of Sam.]. Oooo, and then in the present, as Dean handed Sam the bottle of alcohol, I thought it was to help with his wound.But then after reading online, I noticed it was to uhh, help with his other...pain LOL.

And the very end with Mr. Wyatt had me in tears. On a side note, Mr. Wyatt is the kind of teacher every one hopefully had at one point in their lives. He's what I love and respect about teachers. Oh and once again, I didn't finish gushing about this episode There's just too much!
beatlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

beatlette, I know, I wish everyone had a Mr. Wyatt in their lives

av
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I love this episode so much!!! I was all teary eyed at the end.

Jared rocks this episode!

This was pure Sammy as we know and love him from the first season.
I guess High School was difficult for everyone - for some more then for others. This hurtful feeling is something that everybody can relate to.
It was so sad that Barry had commited suicide and the scene in the car after they had burned the bones was heartbreaking. The Look on Jared face spoke more then thousand words. I wanted to hug him and tells him that it wasn´t his fault at all.
The younger versions of our beloved brothers were although great again. It is typical for Sam to help that poor kid and that he takes the punches for him. He is this caring guy who looks after the people around him and tries to help them if he can. Make their life better.
Because of that he has now the inner struggle. He wants to help as much people as possible and he thinks that he can do best if he use his powers and the other thing.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

This was a pretty good episode. I always enjoy the MOTW episodes where they go to different places... It was cool they went to an old school of theirs.

Flashback Sam and Dean were so great! They fit their roles so well and the old Dean was so good, his voice was so similar to Jensens.

Young Sammy was so sweet!

I loved seeing Marie A and Candice from VPD, very cool.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread