Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

11x04: "Baby" Episode Discussion Thread

“Baby”
October 28, 2015 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER — Seen entirely from the point of view of the Impala, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) go on a road trip to fight monsters and demons.

Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson (#1104).

Old 10-28-2015, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt yay I'm excited for the new episode tonight!
Old 10-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Chris

I am so, so excited for the episode!!

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Chris

I am so, so excited for the episode!!

av
Old 10-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am excited for the episode! I’ve been waiting for this one! I already love this episode…it is a great opening! Dean! The perfect title! This is already a great episode! Sam and the smoothies.. Sam!! How dare you! Dean singing! Singing it boys!! I am loving this episode! Matt as John! Wow! Bringing it really back! “John” and Sam having a talk about what is going on! Sam was singing in his sleep! Sam is in the backseat in the car…of course! That was a good dream Dean had! No! they need to be careful with baby!! No scratches on baby! Thank god! Omg! What is going on!! Omg! Lmao! The head on the windshield wiper…Sam got jumped! Poor Sam! Dean coming up with these random names for the monsters! She opened the cooler Dean!! Omg! Go Sam! That was awesome Dean! Dean will fight anyone…that’s for sure! Poor Baby! They everyone is back together! Amazing episode! All kinds of perfection!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!

BABY

BITCH/JERK

NIGHT MOVES

CAR WASH

JOHN/MATT

WEREPIRES

GOULPIRES

"IT'S SAM"

IMPALA SEX

SLEEPING IN THE IMPALA

RAMBLY CAS WHILE DEAN IS KICKING ASS

BUT THE BEST BEST BEST BESTEST PART?

THE BROTHER MOMENTS!

Good gosh this was a great episode! If all season was like this I would be the happiest fan in the world!

And the boys! They looked amazing! And the chemistry was fantastic! 11 seasons in and we're still getting great episodes like this! Good work Supernatural!

Only downside...they used Case tractors in the background instead of John Deere...I THOUGHT WE WENT OVER THIS! ONLY JOHN DEERE OR NOTHING AT ALL! Geez.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Bitch/Jerk Been waiting years for that!

Sam/Dean having an actual conversation about things in the impala.

And no Cas on screen

def. a good ep.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

OMG!!! Exactly what Bee said above!!!!! Big letters & all. It's how I felt as I watched this episode. I can't wait to watch it again this weekend and feel all the bro moments again!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:27 PM
New Fan

new episode great

Sorry guys new to this latest episode brill!!!
Although I have an issue with season 5 episode classic, hammer of the gods .
If Michael and Lucifer were going to dance the lambada and wreck the world in the process, how come gabriel squaring up to his arch bro was only a knife fight . Surely him being an awesomely powerful arch angel , at least a hefty amount of damage should have occurred at the very least . Any thoughts ?
mulletwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Bee said it all this episode was awesome, the brother moments was the best by far, love them crusin on the road in baby, she went thru a lot too, sex, blood, theft, brawl and crash. Too funny Cas and Netflix so great seeing John but still wish we'd get Jeffrey now and then.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Everything that has been said here about the episode, I AGREE OMG, there are no words on how much I love this episode

Bitch/ Jerk! I waited 11 years to hear that again!

THE BROTHER MOMENTS... I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Can we have more episodes like this?!

av
Old 10-30-2015, 12:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, Dean's expression when Sam refuses to say werepire.

Overall I liked the style of this episode. I don't think it could work regularly because it leaves out too much case solving, also the camera angles representing Baby felt strange, but it was done well. Did Dean seem a little off in this episode? Not in a bad way, just different? Maybe because I've been watching old episodes, where Dean was a lot more vibrant... His gaze and low, smooth tone when he said "Have you not heard a single word that I've been singing about?" reminded me of demon Dean. The cop fighting scene with Castiel ranting on was hilarious.

I love how there sleeping positions are somewhat representative of their personality - Dean with his arms crossed, posing like his a bad-ass & Sam - more relaxed because he's sweet, peace-making Sammy... Or I'm over analyzing and they just don't have the space to stretch out.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Total Fan

Hi guys!

I haven't been here for a long while... I have followed every episode of Supernatural, but I just didn't enjoy it like I used to, you know with the boys fighting etc.
BUT! The last episode was the best IN YEARS. It was abo****ely fantastic, during a middle of it I was like thinking 'Am I really watching this, is this happening?"

BROTHERLY MOMENTS I mean.... I haven't seen those real great brotherly moments in some time. When I heard Bitch/Jerk I moment at first I didn't really realize that it was there... I had to rewind the episode back a few seconds and hear it for a second time. You know, the last time we had this was like what? season 2? it was about time!
Did you also notice the small reference to Croatoan episode? When Dean said something like "it turns out that I shot the deputy". Fantastic
The talk the boys had in the Impala... I'm glad that Sam decided to tell Dean about him getting infected, that it didn't turn out to be another secret between them that would make them fight all over again. Honesty is the way to go

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

I loved that episode!

I would be showing my joy more but I don't fare well on junk food and candy is has been my primary consumption this month.

Got obsessed with that M.I.A. song after it played in the pilot of Orphan Black and now that it has been in one of the best episodes of Supernatural it's never going out of popularity in my mental playlist.

I was going to tweet this on Wednesday and probably will later. "Live fast. Die young. Bad girls do it well." On #Supernatural it's not just the bad girls. It's all the girls. They all die.

So Castiel was watching a series (Orange is the new black) about lesbians & pansexual/bisexuals. Sam has a one night stand with a woman named Piper (that is the name of the main character from OITNB). Dean brings up Heather, a name that could stand in for mean girls in general (Heathers the dark comedy) which fits with the later song choice in the impala being "bad girls" and the Netflix series watched being about female criminals.

How does Sam have Netflix but Dean doesn't? Shouldn't it go to the entire bunker? And if it does then why send Cas to his room instead of Dean's? Dean has a more comfortable bed (memory foam mattress). Maybe he thought it'd be too pervy to have Castiel alone in Dean's room for that many hours.

Nobody is going to be able to convince me that Sam's "don't you want something more?" questions weren't about Destiel. He kept it gender neutral and the only person that "knows the business" and is "another hunter" in the episode is Castiel.

Dean can still be scary with his expressions/demeanor. His reaction when he found out Sam didn't tell him he was infected. You can definitely feel the fact that Dean tortured his way through Hell & Purgatory and was once a demon.

So do we think that Young John was a) the darkness b) Michael c) Lucifer or d) God?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Total Fan

^ I think it could really be God? I don't think it was Darkness.

Here is a link to a beautiful review of the episode:

Mark Watches ‘Supernatural’- S11E04 – Baby |

It's a nice read

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread