Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, i'm new, i made some screencaps from the unraired pilot, i don't know if i can post the caps, if i can't feel free to cancel the post

Old 08-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Some others

Old 08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the pics.. i can't wait to see the pilot finally!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully you posting those caps is ok... anyway they are great, thanks for sharing .
Old 09-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Great Caps! Thanks for posting them!

Janey and the Pink Palace!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

new preview pic.. kinda.. more like a promo pic.. it's a magazine ad..

i posted it on the news thread.. but i thought i'd post it here too.. since it is a new picture.. here..
Old 09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

here's a full version of the promo pic of our new quartet.. i also found a banner at wb.com

Old 09-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Extreme Fan

New Promos! YAY!

Janey and the Pink Palace!
Old 10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thx 4 posting the pictures ... very cool promos!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

New pics . Thanks for posting them
Old 10-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

ktla posted a cast photo!!! yay!

Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

awww they are so cute I love Jen Esposito!

Old 10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

That's a great pic of the cast. I love them in the orange - just the right thing for upcoming Halloween
Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

i don't think anyone posted this picture.. from Entertainment Weekly September 9, 2005

ETA... here's the article to go with it..
Quote:
The WB clearly has high expectations for its new hour-long dramedy Related. Networks don't recast four main roles, reshoot a large chunk of the pilot, or recruit top-dollar behind-the-scenes muscle (Friends creator-executive producer Marta Kauffman and ER director Mimi Leder) if a series doesn't mean much to its welfare. And what Related means to WB execs is simple: They're hoping it'll be Gilmore Girls: The Next Generation. "This is the first purely female-point-of-view show the network has launched since Gilmore five years ago," explains WB president of entertainment David Janollari. "We would love to recapture the magic that Gilmore has had for us."

Unlike Gilmore, which snared creative lightning in a bottle from episode 1, Related required a lot of work from the start. Conceived by Sex and the City writer Liz Tuccillo, the series follows four fabulous New York City sisters: Ginnie (Spin City's Jennifer Esposito), Ann (Married to the Kellys' Kiele Sanchez), Marjee (Mean Girls' Lizzy Caplan), and Rose (Laura Breckenridge). Not long after completing the pilot, however, The WB had second thoughts about the role of big sister Ann-- who was originally played by Just Shoot Me's Laura San Giacomo. "Unfortunately, Laura's character stuck out as not quite fitting into the family mold," says Janollari. "Ann felt off because Ginnie acted like the oldest sister," continues Kauffman, who was brought in to work with Tuccillo as exec producer for the pilot. "She's controlling and she mothers everybody, so it no longer made sense to have Laura there."

Thus the reworking began: Ann became the second-oldest sibling, and in July Sanchez took over the role. Says Esposito, "I was very sad to see Laura go--but it's definitely a different energy now." As a result of the age shifting, Ann's estranged boyfriend, along with the sister's widowed father and soon-to-be stepmother, were recast with younger actors (Judging Amy's Dan Futterman, My So-Called Life's Tom Irwin, and Tony winner Christine Ebersole, respectively). Tuccillo, meanwhile, decided not to relocate from New York to Los Angeles, where the show is filmed, and is now billed as an executive consultant. (She declined to comment for this story.)

Despite Related's flurry of personnel changes, its objective remains the same. "I think Related has the warmth of Friends," says Kauffman. "It's sexy, although it's not about sex or the city--it's more about family." As the only character-driven drama the network is launching this fall, Related is a key part of The WB's ongoing effort to break away from the "youth network" label. Ratings in the network's core demo of 12-34 fell 12 percent last season, and Janollari told TV critics in July that the network needs to reach out to (gasp!) older viewers.

To make that happen, Related is trying to appeal to both teens and adults with stories like Rose's Felicity-esque adventures in college, Marjee's professional stumbles as a party planner, Ann's awkward reentry into the singles scene, and Ginnie's unexpected pregnancy that interrupts her thriving career as a lawyer. "It's a show with these women at very different points in their lives and the relationship between women and between sisters," says Kauffman. "We all have family, so we know who complicated that can be." Almost as complicated as launching a TV show. -- Margeaux Watson
Old 04-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Mod Check

We've still got pictures!

End Mod Check