Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Totally. I just finished watching the Thanksgiving episode. It was heartbreaking.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav (View Post)
I'm lovin' it. Marjee is hilarious. Just like Kat on The Class. Just perfect. But I love all of the sisters.
Marjee is The Best!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

haha i thought you might agree ^

Pav is having a Related marathon today. Lucky! Thanksgiving was very sad. I cried at the end when they were all at the hospital

Old 04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Actually, I saw Lizzy Caplan on The Class and looked for something else she was in. That's how I got to Related. The same applies to Jason Ritter and Joan of Arcadia. I had a surgery last week, that's why I'm off work and have time to watch shows. I usually don't go through the entire season in a day.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hopefully I'm going to be having a Related marathon of my own soon. I can't wait.

So, since I'm not quite a Related fanatic yet...was the unaired pilot ever released?

I so can't even imagine Laura San Giacomo in the show. It doesn't seem like she'd fit well with the other three.

Plus was her version of Anne still supposed to be the second daughter?

Thankfully, Kiele joined the cast.

I too only watched originally because I was familiar with Lizzy from Mean Girls and was mostly shocked to see her blonde and very non Janis like in appearance. But I didn't watch regularly. I think the first one I saw was with Rose and the naked play.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

The unaired pilot was floating around the web. It was very weird because Laura was playing Anne as the oldest sisters and Ginnie was the second sister. But Laura was playing Anne as kind of whiney, which was opposite of how Jennifer ended playing the eldest sister as Ginnie. I like Kiele's version of the part a lot better than Lauras. Also, Laura looks like she is older then Jennifer so that was a little off.

Don't worry Pav I'd probably be able to go through a whole season in a day or a weekend given the chance

Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I few days ago I saw the unaired pilot for sale on the net somewhere, I was thinking of buying it. My friend bought it, but she said it was baaaaaaad!

Raya... Naked Truth was the first eppy you saw... Oh Man! You are in for a treat! My favorite episode is the one before that... Hello Deli. Also there are great Marjee scenes in Hang In There Baby where she snaps has meltdowns over Renee's meddling.

Oh and of course Anne's drunken kareoke in Cry Me a Sister. Oh I am so excited for you!

And Pav... you might want to try and see the broadcast pilot if you only saw the unaired version.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

was the unaired pilot the one where rose cuts her hair rly short and adds like white to it? .. i remember seeing promos for tht and when i saw the pilot tht aired i ended being a bit confused becuz her hair was blue instead lol
Old 04-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaAbbyLover (View Post)
was the unaired pilot the one where rose cuts her hair rly short and adds like white to it? .. i remember seeing promos for tht and when i saw the pilot tht aired i ended being a bit confused becuz her hair was blue instead lol
Yes
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaAbbyLover (View Post)

yea that was the unaired. I'm glad they went with the blue rather than the white.. even though I didn't like either. I think we have some caps from the unaired pilot on the picture thread. I'll go find the link

ETA: http://www.fanforum.com/f221/related...56/index2.html

Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I saw the pilot where Rose dyes her hair white and cuts them short. So is it the aired, or the unaired, one? I would like to see both versions if I knew where to get them.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Pav, That would be the unaired pilot.

I think the one that they aired was much better, not to mention Kiele!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aw, Rose looked like a skunk with the white hair. Ew. LOL.

I would like to eventually see the unaired pilot, if just for laughs. I always get a kick out of that stuff.

I think The Naked Truth was the first one I saw. It only stuck in my mind because I kept likening the Rose plot to Brenda in 90210.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

haha yea that was some aweful hair. I'm glad they decided to change it for the aired pilot. The black and white was a little too over the top

Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just got the episodes on DVD and finally saw the aired pilot for the first time.

Thoughts...it's hard to say who would have been my favorite character if I wasn't familiar with any of the actresses ahead of time. I already knew Lizzy so was partial to Marjee, but I also really like Anne.

The scene at the party where the secrets come out and then the girls disappear while Bob is left alone with the family is priceless.

Rose bugs me because she was so immature at the beginning and I thought it odd since she had three older sisters. Many of her ways of proving herself as an adult--dying her hair blue and the tongue ring, are more like things that a 16 year old would do to rebel. I like Laura though.

I also don't care for the way the show depicted college life, as it seemed very fake. Down to the stereotypical edgy artsy roommate, who apparently was edgy if for no other reason than she had piercings.

Ginnie also bugged me a little bit in the pilot. She can be very funny and I like it when she is all motherly, but she was also so over the top neurotic. I think they toned it back a little as time went on, but I felt bad for Bob.

Still really liked it though.