Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

last question, are you just clicking the link, or are you using Save Target As... when you right click the link? because it works for me and I just switched to a different computer.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I just click on a link and Windows Media Player is connecting to the media. Then a little while after that, that page with the license thing pops up.

And it doesn't work when I right click it and save target as.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited *Winter* ]
Old 04-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

hmmm, i still think it's weird because it works fine for me.
ETA : I will just make it a mp3 tomorrow and see how that goes.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Fieryangel ]
Old 04-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fieryangel:
<STRONG>

well, Stellar was written for/about Jo English who was also a girlfriend of Brandon's when he wrote it. Just because a song was written for/about a girlfriend doesn't mean the son is horrible or that it could be better. most songs out there are about a girlfriend/boyfriend, and even some albums, just looks at Maroon 5's latest, Songs About Jane. That was written about Adam's ex.</STRONG>
Wasn't Joan English in the Stellar video?

I always thought that songs written from personal experiences are always the best. Those songs usually sound the best because it's more intimate and we could relate to those songs at a certain level.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Same here. I think that these kind of songs are the best songs. Because you can feel identified with them. I like southern girl. I like it a lot, the lyrics are really beautiful, and when i listen to it i don't think about Carolyn, i mean..i don't care about carolyn. I'm listening to incubus and i'm listening the song. That southern could be anyone in this world. I'll relationate it to someone and all of you will do it with someone else. Brandon does it with Carolyn.

Well that's my point of view.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
- cris - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Extreme Fan

hhhhmmmmm thats a better way to think of it... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

yeah, Jo English was in the Stellar video also.

And about Southern Girl, I live in Maryland and that can be considered "south" so I like to fantasize that that song is about me. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -:
<STRONG>Same here. I think that these kind of songs are the best songs. Because you can feel identified with them. I like southern girl. I like it a lot, the lyrics are really beautiful, and when i listen to it i don't think about Carolyn, i mean..i don't care about carolyn. I'm listening to incubus and i'm listening the song. That southern could be anyone in this world. I'll relationate it to someone and all of you will do it with someone else. Brandon does it with Carolyn.

Well that's my point of view.</STRONG>
Yes, same holds for me!
It's such a beautiful song. When I heard it for the first time is was like "WOW [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]". Can't do anything but [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it.

Yesterday, I listened to the MTV unplugged version of "A Certain Shade Of Green". God, I can't get it out of my head. I love the original, it rocks so much, but this version is great, too!
'cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground.
Franzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

LMAO [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img], i live all the way in the WeSt...
[img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I found this review of their concert in New Zealand from Stuff.

Review: Incubus' Wellington concert
30 March 2004
Reviewed by ELLEN STEWART

Mention legendary rock band Incubus, and one thinks stomach pumping bass lines, spine tingling guitar riffs, melodic and haunting vocals, and a generally shirtless lead singer.

And that's what the large audience at Wellington's Events Centre got on Sunday night, along with highly talented, but fully clothed, local band Eight.

Mystery "special guests", the Kiwi alternatives Eight opened the show with their mix of rock and ballad, playing a relatively short set including their most well known songs Whale, Moments Gone, Shift, and latest single No Way to Decide.

Eight combined traditional guitars and drums in a pleasantly different fashion, incorporating intense melodies with calm, echoing riffs that sent the predominantly late-teenage audience into a positive pre-Incubus trance.

About 8.30pm main act Incubus made their long awaited appearance, feeding their music-hungry crowd with songs from all four of their albums, beginning with latest single Megalomaniac.

Their sound was that of an experienced and extraordinarily talented group, each member pulling out all the stops so that each song was an enhancement of the pre-recorded tracks, managing to improve on the sound that usually only studios and editing can perfect.

The group played all their superbly radio-thrashed hits, such as Wish You Were Here, Pardon Me, Are you In and Warning, as well as album favourites like Just a Phase and Aqueous Transmission.

A surprise was a unique rendition of 60s group The Temptations' My Girl, as well as a spotlight showdown between hip-hop DJ Gavin Koppel on turntables and outstanding drummer Jose Pisallas, resulting in a rhythm threesome with lead singer Brandon Boyd on a bongo drum.

The audience lapped up everything Incubus could throw at them in the seemingly short set, including a chance at speaking directly to Boyd when he passed his microphone into the audience for some feedback, as well as the occasional "Hello, New Zealand!" shouted out before a song.

Pardon me, but if you weren't in, you'd certainly wish you were there.

And this article
from The New Zealand Herald was kind of both negative and positive. I didn't really like it when it said, "But while they impressed as individuals, Incubus didn't quite gel as a band." [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited *Winter* ]
Old 04-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Sounds like a great show [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

'Specially like this Pardon me, but if you weren't in, you'd certainly wish you were there.

[img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img] &lt; [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

i watched an MTV concert of Incubus, it wasn't unpluged but it was sooo good. I was on the phone to my friend at the time and started saying 'ohh, Incubus are on TV' i was so hyped because they are never on TV on here.
I am also defienatly seeing Incubus on the 1st June and i'm soo excited, i've never seen them live!

Laura
Laurafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurafred:
<STRONG> 'ohh, Incubus are on TV' i was so hyped because they are never on TV on here.
</STRONG>
They are never on TV here, too. I've seen the "Megalomaniac" video on MTV for several times when it came out but they stopped airing it after... well... I think 4 weeks [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
'cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground.
Franzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Extreme Fan

On FUSE they show Megalomaniac all the time, and it was good the first 100 times i saw but now its old....oooooo "Laurafred" im goin to see Incubus on august 2nd, not fair, u get to see em first!

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited *Little Miss Lovely* ]
Old 04-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Little Miss Lovely*:
<STRONG>On FUSE they show Megalomaniac all the time, and it was good the first 100 times i saw but now its old....oooooo "Laurafred" im goin to see Incubus on august 2nd, not fair, u get to see em first!

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited *Little Miss Lovely* ]</STRONG>
I know how you feel. God...i can't wait for the new video. Talk Shows on Mute. Amazing song, and the actualy single i predicted they would release next. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm good! LOL...yah expect it to be overplayed though.

Sofa
you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread